Affiliation: Faculty of Medicine
- Intravenous immunoglobulin in the treatment of primary trigeminal neuralgia refractory to carbamazepine: a study protocol [ISRCTN33042138]Andreas Goebel
Nuffield Department of Anaesthetics, University of Oxford, Oxford OX3 9DU, England, UK
BMC Neurol 3:1. 2003..TN is characterized by extremely severe pain, for which operative intervention is (if temporarily) helpful in most patients...
- Complex regional pain syndrome, prototype of a novel kind of autoimmune diseaseAndreas Goebel
Pain Research Institute, Department of Translational Medicine, Liverpool University, Liverpool, UK The Walton Centre NHS Foundation Trust, Liverpool, UK Electronic address
Autoimmun Rev 12:682-6. 2013..Understanding autoimmune contribution to CRPS should allow the exploration of novel treatment modalities in the future. Additional 'functional' disorders, painful or painless may be autoimmune in nature...
- Anesthesiologists' views on using immune modulating drugs in pain medicineAndreas Goebel
Pain Research Institute, Liverpool University, Clinical Sciences Building, University Hospital Aintree The Walton Centre, Liverpool L9 7AL, UK
Pain Pract 11:344-52. 2011..Our findings may have implications for the planning of both health service delivery and training in pain medicine...
- The passive transfer of immunoglobulin G serum antibodies from patients with longstanding Complex Regional Pain SyndromeAndreas Goebel
Pain Research Institute, University of Liverpool, Liverpool, UK
Eur J Pain 15:504.e1-6. 2011..The transfer of disease after injection of a patient's serum or IgG fraction into mice ('passive transfer') is the classic way to demonstrate a functional role of autoantibodies...
- Immunoglobulin responsive chronic painAndreas Goebel
Pain Research Institute, 3rd Floor, Clinical Sciences Centre, Liverpool University, Liverpool, UK
J Clin Immunol 30:S103-8. 2010..Immune modulation appears to be, therefore, a possible new therapeutic option...
- Altered intestinal permeability in patients with primary fibromyalgia and in patients with complex regional pain syndromeA Goebel
Pain Management Centre, University Hospital Wuerzburg, Germany
Rheumatology (Oxford) 47:1223-7. 2008..We hypothesized that patients with FM, but not volunteers or those patients with CRPS, would have altered IP...
- Buprenorphine injection to the stellate ganglion in the treatment of upper body chronic pain syndromesAndreas Goebel
The Pain Relief Unit, Churchill Hospital, Oxford OX3 7LJ, United Kingdom
Eur J Pain 12:266-74. 2008..We assessed whether GLOA, plus intramuscular saline, was more efficacious than the reverse, saline injection to the stellate plus intramuscular buprenorphine, termed SSB...
- Immune responses to Campylobacter and serum autoantibodies in patients with complex regional pain syndromeAndreas Goebel
Nuffield Department of Anaesthetics, University of Oxford, John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford OX3 9DS, UK
J Neuroimmunol 162:184-9. 2005..These results provide preliminary evidence for immune activation early in CRPS and, additionally, that patients with minimal trauma may comprise an autoimmune subgroup...
- Treatment of complex regional pain syndrome in adults: a systematic review of randomized controlled trials published from June 2000 to February 2012L Cossins
Pain Research Institute, Clinical Sciences Centre, University Hospital Aintree, Liverpool, UK
Eur J Pain 17:158-73. 2013..Most published trials in CRPS are small with a short follow-up period, although several novel interventions investigated from 2000 to 2012 appear promising...
- Using graded motor imagery for complex regional pain syndrome in clinical practice: failure to improve painS Johnson
The Walton Centre NHS Foundation Trust, Liverpool, L9 7LJ, UK
Eur J Pain 16:550-61. 2012..However, whether GMI is effective in clinical practice is not established...
- Complex regional pain syndrome in adultsAndreas Goebel
Pain Research Group and Centre for Immune Studies in Pain, Department of Translational Medicine, University of Liverpool, UK
Rheumatology (Oxford) 50:1739-50. 2011..The review concludes with a discussion of the need for additional research...
- Intravenous immunoglobulin response and evidence for pathogenic antibodies in a case of complex regional pain syndrome 1Andreas Goebel
Ann Neurol 57:463-4. 2005