Affiliation: F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd
- Gantenerumab: a novel human anti-Aβ antibody demonstrates sustained cerebral amyloid-β binding and elicits cell-mediated removal of human amyloid-βBernd Bohrmann
F Hoffmann La Roche Ltd, pRED, Basel, Switzerland
J Alzheimers Dis 28:49-69. 2012..These studies demonstrated that gantenerumab preferentially interacts with aggregated Aβ in the brain and lowers amyloid-β by eliciting effector cell-mediated clearance...
- Cryosubstitution of frozen biological specimens in electron microscopy: use and application as an alternative to chemical fixationB Bohrmann
Preclinical Research, F Hoffmann La Roche Ltd, CH 4070, Basel, Switzerland
Micron 32:11-9. 2001..We conclude that low-temperature dehydration by cryosubstitution in organic solvents is able to form stable cross-links between macromolecules by hydrophobic interactions...
- Self-assembly of beta-amyloid 42 is retarded by small molecular ligands at the stage of structural intermediatesB Bohrmann
Pharma Division, F Hoffmann La Roche AG, Basel, CH 4070, Switzerland
J Struct Biol 130:232-46. 2000..Ro 90-7501 may serve as a prototypic inhibitor for Abeta42 fibril formation and as a tool for studying the molecular mechanism of fibril assembly...
- High sensitivity analysis of amyloid-beta peptide composition in amyloid deposits from human and PS2APP mouse brainA Güntert
Pharma Research Basel, F Hoffmann La Roche Ltd, Grenzacherstrasse 124, CH 4070 Basel, Switzerland
Neuroscience 143:461-75. 2006..Our data support the concept that diffuse plaques represent initial Abeta deposits but indicate a structural difference for Abeta depositions in human AD compared with PS2APP mice already at the stage of diffuse plaque formation...
- Large and small splice variants of collagen XII: differential expression and ligand bindingM Koch
Department of Biophysical Chemistry, Biocenter of the University, Basel, Switzerland
J Cell Biol 130:1005-14. 1995..Our results indicate that collagen XII is specifically associated with fibrillar collagen, and that the large variant has binding sites for extracellular ligands not present in the small variant...
- Antiproliferative activity of the human IFN-alpha-inducible protein IFI44L C Hallen
Roche Center for Medical Genomics, F Hoffmann La Roche Ltd, 4070 Basel, Switzerland
J Interferon Cytokine Res 27:675-80. 2007..Based on these results, we propose a model in which IFI44 binds intracellular GTP, and this depletion abolishes extracellular signal-regulated kinase (ERK) signaling and results finally in cell cycle arrest...