William A Blumentals
Affiliation: F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd
- Body mass index and the incidence of influenza-associated pneumonia in a UK primary care cohortWilliam A Blumentals
Hoffmann La Roche, Inc, Nutley, NJ 07110, USA
Influenza Other Respi Viruses 6:28-36. 2012..Accumulating data suggest an association between increased BMI/obesity and morbidity in patients with pandemic (H1N1) 2009 influenza. Information on metabolic status and prognosis in seasonal influenza is lacking, however...
- The safety of oseltamivir in patients with influenza: analysis of healthcare claims data from six influenza seasonsWilliam A Blumentals
Medical Data Analytics, Roche Laboratories, Nutley, New Jersey, USA
MedGenMed 9:23. 2007..Recently, neuropsychiatric events associated with oseltamivir treatment have been reported, mainly in pediatric patients in Japan...
- Impact of oseltamivir on the incidence of secondary complications of influenza in adolescent and adult patients: results from a retrospective population-based studyWilliam A Blumentals
Roche, Nutley, NJ, USA
Curr Med Res Opin 23:2961-70. 2007..To assess the effectiveness of oseltamivir in reducing the risks of influenza-related secondary complications in otherwise healthy adolescent and adult patients aged > or = 13 years...
- Rheumatoid arthritis and the incidence of influenza and influenza-related complications: a retrospective cohort studyWilliam A Blumentals
Hoffmann La Roche, Inc, Nutley, NJ, USA
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 13:158. 2012..Patients with rheumatoid arthritis (RA) are known to be at increased risk of infection, particularly if they are taking drugs with immunomodulatory effects. There is a need for more information on the risk of influenza in patients with RA...
- Risk of severe gastrointestinal events in women treated with monthly ibandronate or weekly alendronate and risedronateWilliam A Blumentals
Roche, Nutley, NJ, USA
Ann Pharmacother 43:577-85. 2009..Bisphosphonate (BP)-related gastrointestinal (GI) adverse events can lead to discontinuation of osteoporosis treatment. Irritation of the GI tract related to BPs may be worsened by more frequent administration...
- Oseltamivir and the risk of influenza-related complications and hospitalizations in patients with diabetesEric A Orzeck
Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, USA
Clin Ther 29:2246-55. 2007....
- FluSTAR, a novel influenza surveillance system: outcomes from the 2005-2006 flu seasonLarry Aull
University of Georgia College of Pharmacy, Athens, Georgia, USA
South Med J 100:873-80. 2007..The FluSTAR Surveillance System covers most of the United States, providing local and national information on influenza and influenza-like illness that is updated twice weekly...
- Oseltamivir and influenza-related complications, hospitalization and healthcare expenditure in healthy adults and childrenJohn G Gums
Department of Pharmacy Practice, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida 32601, USA
Expert Opin Pharmacother 9:151-61. 2008..To assess influenza-related secondary complications and healthcare use and costs in patients prescribed oseltamivir for influenza...
- 5-Aminosalicylic acid therapy and the risk of colorectal cancer among patients with inflammatory bowel diseaseJonathan P Terdiman
University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143 1623, USA
Inflamm Bowel Dis 13:367-71. 2007..The objective of this observational study was to determine if an association between 5-ASA therapy and CRC risk exists in IBD patients...
- Does panic disorder increase the risk of coronary heart disease? A cohort study of a national managed care databaseAndres Gomez-Caminero
Center for Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Psychosom Med 67:688-91. 2005..The association between panic disorder (PD) and coronary heart disease (CHD) was examined in a large national managed care database...
- Does warfarin therapy influence the risk of bladder cancer?William A Blumentals
Procter and Gamble Pharmaceuticals, HCRC Box 2207, 8700 Mason Montgomery Road, Mason, OH 45040 9462, USA
Thromb Haemost 91:801-5. 2004..The results suggest that warfarin does not protect against bladder cancer, at least in male smokers, the highest risk population for bladder cancer...
- Analgesic therapy and the prevention of bladder cancerWilliam A Blumentals
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL, USA
Urol Oncol 22:11-5. 2004..Given that nonsmokers prescribed nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) were observed to have a 43% reduction in risk, it is important to study whether nonsmokers may benefit from therapy with NSAIDs...