- The utility of electron microscopy in cytopathology
Tepecik Research and Training Hospital, Pathology, Mavisehir, Izmir, Turkey
Ultrastruct Pathol 34:252-9. 2010
..The use of ultrastructural analysis in the diagnostic work-up of histologic specimens has been well studied but less is known about the utility of electron microscopy (EM) in cytopathology...
- Polymorphous low-grade adenocarcinoma located in the maxillary sinus
Department of Pathology, Izmir Tepecik Education and Research Hospital, Izmir, Turkey
Turk Patoloji Derg 28:274-7. 2012
..Although it is a low grade malignancy, progression may develop after a long time. Therefore, polymorphous low-grade adenocarcinoma should be kept in mind in the differential diagnosis even in rare sites in the head and neck...
- [Clear cell mucoepidermoid carcinoma of the parotid gland: a case report]
Izmir Atatürk Eğitim ve Araştirma Hastanesi, Patoloji Bölümü, Izmir, Turkiye
Turk Patoloji Derg 28:178-80. 2012
..Immunohistochemically, p63 was positive. Based on the morphological, histochemical and immunohistochemical findings, the case was diagnosed as mucoepidermoid carcinoma, clear cell variant...
- An analysis of salivary gland neoplasms: a 12-year, single-institution experience in Turkey
Department of Pathology, Ataturk Training and Research Hospital, Basin Sitesi, 35360 Izmir, Turkey
Ear Nose Throat J 91:125-9. 2012
..49%). Our data demonstrate that the characteristics of salivary gland tumors in a Turkish population at a single institution are similar to those reported in the literature worldwide...
- Papillary cystadenocarcinoma originating from a minor salivary gland with lymph node metastases
Department of Pathology, Ataturk Research and Training Hospital, 2040 Sok Pamukkale 6 Blok 102 Giris No 3, Mavisehir, Izmir 35540, Turkey
Ear Nose Throat J 90:E6-7. 2011
..We discuss histopathologic and clinical features of this lesion and review the literature...
- Sarcomatoid carcinoma of the upper aerodigestive tract: an immunohistochemical analysis demonstrating latent Epstein-Barr virus in a subset of eight cases
Department of Pathology, Tepecik Research and Training Hospital, Izmir, Turkey
Indian J Pathol Microbiol 53:750-6. 2010
..Sarcomatoid or spindle cell carcinomas are rare malignancies which are considered as a poorly differentiated variant of squamous cell carcinoma. Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) is associated with a wide variety of malignancies...
- Cytology of a giant adult-type rhabdomyoma of the tongue
Department of Pathology, Tepecik Training and Research Hospital, Izmir, Turkey
Diagn Cytopathol 39:686-8. 2011
..The lesions was located in the tongue extended to the left parapharyngeal region. We discuss the cytological findings with a brief review of the literature on this entity...
- Comparison of proliferating cell nuclear antigen, thyroid transcription factor-1, Ki-67, p63, p53 and high-molecular weight cytokeratin expressions in papillary thyroid carcinoma, follicular carcinoma, and follicular adenoma
Department of Pathology, Izmir Tepecik Training and Research Hospital, Izmir, Turkey
Ann Diagn Pathol 15:108-16. 2011
..Although the differential diagnosis of the thyroid follicular neoplasms are based on the histologic and cytomorphological criteria, p53 and HMW-CK positivity might be undertaken in favor of the diagnosis of the PTC...
- [Incidental thyroid carcinoma found during surgery for laryngeal carcinoma: a case report]
İzmir Tepecik Eğitim ve Araştırma Hastanesi, Izmir, Turkiye
Kulak Burun Bogaz Ihtis Derg 21:215-9. 2011
..5 months (range 5 to 14 months). Although it is a rare condition, the possibility of coexisting thyroid carcinoma in laryngeal cancer patients and the possible need for completion surgery when required should always be kept in mind...
- Glomus tumor of the proximal trachea: a case report
Department of Otolaryngology, Tepecik Training and Research Hospital, Izmir, Turkey
Kulak Burun Bogaz Ihtis Derg 22:245-8. 2012
..A transoral endoscopic laser excision was performed. No finding suggesting tumoral regrowth at 36 months following surgery was found, as assessed by laryngoscopy and imaging studies...
- Clinicopathologic features of the mixed epithelial and mesenchymal type metaplastic breast carcinoma with myoepithelial differentiation in a subset of six cases
Ataturk Training and Research Hospital, Department of Pathology, Izmir, Turkey
Pathol Res Pract 208:147-50. 2012
..Two had distant metastases to the lung. Our series which only included mixed epithelial-mesenchymal type metaplastic carcinoma of the breast showed myoepithelial differentiation with a worse prognosis...