- Abdominal wall endometriomas
SSK Izmir Teaching Hospitals, 2nd Surgery Clinics, Izmir, Turkey
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 89:59-60. 2005
- A case report of the unusual presence of hydatid disease in the pancreas and breast
Department of 2nd Surgery, SSK Izmir Teaching Hospital, Izmir, Turkey
JOP 5:368-72. 2004
..Pancreatic and breast involvement with the disease are extremely rare and the presence of this disease in these organs without any other organ involvement has not been previously reported...
- Inflammatory pseudo-tumour as an unusual cause of colonic obstruction: a case report
SSK Izmir Training Hospital, Department of 2nd Surgery, Izmir, Turkey
Acta Chir Belg 104:462-4. 2004
..Colonic occurence is rare. Herein we report a case of IPT arising from the hepatic flexura with regard to its radiological, operative and histologic findings, that lead to colonic obstruction...
- Peripancreatic Castleman disease
Department of 2nd Surgery, SSK Izmir Training Hospital, Izmir, Turkey
JOP 5:491-4. 2004
..Castleman disease or giant lymph node hyperplasia is a rare disorder of the lymphoid tissue, usually occurring in the mediastinum. We report a case of localized peripancreatic plasma cell type Castleman disease, which is an unusual site...
- Heterotopic pancreas: report of two cases
Department of Surgery, Izmir Training and Research Hospital, Bozyaka, Izmir, Turkey
JOP 8:588-91. 2007
..Ninety percent of heterotopic pancreata are found in the upper part of the gastrointestinal tract and clinical presentations show differences...
- Hydatid cysts with unusual localizations: diagnostic and treatment dilemmas for surgeons
Department of Surgery, Izmir Training and Research Hospital, Bozyaka, 35350, Izmir, Turkey
Ann Trop Med Parasitol 100:137-42. 2006
- Intussusception in adults: an unusual and challenging condition for surgeons
Department of General Surgery, SSK Izmir Teaching Hospital, Izmir, Turkey
Int J Colorectal Dis 20:452-6. 2005
..Intestinal intussusception in adults is a rare entity and there is an ongoing controversy regarding the optimal management of this problem. The purpose of this study was to determine the causes and management of intussusception in adults...
- Primary non-Hodgkin's T-cell lymphoma of the thyroid gland complicating Hashimoto's thyroiditis: case report
Department of General Surgery, Dokuzeylül University Hospital, Izmir, Turkey
Thyroid 10:717-20. 2000
- The value of serum zinc, copper, ceruloplasmin levels in patients with gastrointestinal tract cancers
Department of Second General Surgery, SSK Izmir Teaching Hospital, 35350 Uckuyular, Izmir, Turkey
Turk J Gastroenterol 16:81-4. 2005
..In this study, changes in the levels of Cu, Zn and ceruloplasmin in patients with gastrointestinal system cancers was evaluated, and the proportion of Cu to Zn (Cu/Zn) is discussed...
- Diagnostic difficulties in peripancreatic tuberculous lymphadenitis: a case report
Department of 2nd Surgery, SSK Training Hospital, Alsancak, Izmir, Turkey
Turk J Gastroenterol 17:137-9. 2006
..The mass was resected totally. Histopathologically, the diagnosis was peripancreatic tuberculous lymphadenitis. She was prescribed antituberculous drugs for one year...
- Papillary carcinoma arising in subhyoid ectopic thyroid gland
Department of Otolaryngology, Izmir Training and Research Hospital, Izmir, Turkey
Thyroid 18:477-8. 2008
- Perforated gastric cancer complicating early postpartum period of pregnancy
Aegean Obstetrics and Gynaecology Training and Research Hospital, Department of Gynaecologic Oncology, Izmir, Turkey
Acta Chir Belg 109:534-7. 2009
..An unique association of gastric cancer with pregnancy and puerperium is rare...
- Image-based assessment of esophageal stricture in experimental corrosive esophagitis in animals: an objective, adjunct diagnostic tool
Department of Pathology, Tepecik Research andTraining Hospital, Izmir, Turkey
Turk J Gastroenterol 20:3-8. 2009
..The aim of this work was to compare the classical stenosis index method with a new objective method based on image analysis that was used to determine experimental stricture of the rat esophagus...
- Torsion of a wandering spleen associated with portal vein thrombosis
Department of Radiology, Sosyal Sigortalar Kurumu Izmir Teaching Hospital, 35360 Bozyaka, Izmir, Turkey
J Ultrasound Med 24:379-82. 2005
- Effects of selected antibiotics on pancreatitis induced liver and pulmonary injury
Dokuz Eylul University, Department of General Surgery, Izmir, Turkey
Ulus Travma Acil Cerrahi Derg 11:3-10. 2005
..To investigate the protective effect of antibiotherapy in the early phase of acute pancreatitis on cellular injury induced in lungs and liver...