- Fixator-assisted nailing and consecutive lengthening over an intramedullary nail for the correction of tibial deformity
F E Bilen
Istanbul University, Turkey
J Bone Joint Surg Br 92:146-52. 2010
..We conclude that the combination of fixator-assisted nailing with lengthening over an intramedullary nail can reduce the overall external fixation time and prevent fractures and deformity of the regenerated bone...
- Correction of forearm deformities in children with multiple osteochondroma, by corrective radial osteotomy and ulnar lengthening by distraction osteogenesis
Fikri Erkal Bilen
Istanbul University Medical School, Istanbul, Turkey
Acta Orthop Belg 75:743-7. 2009
..Although technically demanding, ulnar osteotomy and gradual lengthening by an external fixator provided promising results in the treatment of forearm deformities in children with multiple osteochondroma...
- Indirect reduction of the radial head using an external fixator to treat chronic radial head dislocations
Fikri Erkal Bilen
Department of Orthopedics and Traumatology, Acibadem University, Istanbul, Turkey
Acta Orthop Traumatol Turc 44:14-9. 2010
..We evaluated the results of indirect reduction of the radial head via a circular external fixator in pediatric patients with unilateral chronic radial head dislocation...
- Combined technique for the correction of lower-limb deformities resulting from metabolic bone disease
Istanbul University, Istanbul Medical School, Capa, Istanbul, 34390, Turkey
J Bone Joint Surg Br 93:52-6. 2011
..We encountered five problems and four obstacles in the programme of treatment. The use of intramedullary nails prevented recurrence of deformity and refracture...
- Knee flexion contracture in haemophilia: treatment with circular external fixator
H I Balci
Department of Orthopaedics and Traumatology, Istanbul University Istanbul Medical Faculty, Istanbul, Turkey
Haemophilia 20:879-83. 2014
..Using the external hinges and distraction during the correction has a protective effect on the joint. It requires a team-work consisting of a haematologist, an orthopaedic surgeon and a physical therapist. ..
- Surgical treatment of distal intraarticular humeral fractures in adults
Istanbul University, Istanbul School of Medicine, Department of Orthopaedics and Traumatology, 34390 Capa Istanbul, Turkey
Int Orthop 25:46-50. 2001
..The results, as judged by the criteria of Jupiter, were excellent in ten, good in five and fair in two. Non-union of the olecranon osteotomy occurred in one patient...
- Synovial chondromatosis of the subcoracoid bursa
Department of Orthopaedics and Traumatology, Istanbul University, Istanbul School of Medicine, Capa, Turkey
Int Orthop 23:358-60. 1999
..Synovial chondromatosis may be associated with impingement syndrome of the shoulder. We report a case of synovial chondromatosis of the subcoracoid bursa, which resulted in impingement symptoms...
- Rice bodies of synovial origin in the knee joint
Department of Orthopaedics and Traumatology, Istanbul University, Istanbul, Turkey
Arthroscopy 17:E19. 2001
..No evidence of recurrence was observed by orthopaedic and rheumatologic evaluations within 2.5 years after the arthroscopic procedure...