- Changes in penile length after robot-assisted laparoscopic radical prostatectomy
Jason D Engel
Department of Urology, George Washington University Hospital, Washington, District of Columbia, USA
J Endourol 25:65-9. 2011
..The objective of this study is to describe changes in penile length after after robot-assisted laparoscopic radical prostatectomy (RALRP)...
- Oncologic outcome of robot-assisted laparoscopic prostatectomy in the high-risk setting
Jason D Engel
Department of Urology, George Washington University Hospital, Washington, District of Columbia 20006, USA
J Endourol 24:1963-6. 2010
..Management of high-risk disease with robot-assisted laparoscopic radical prostatectomy (RALP) is controversial. We examined biochemical recurrence in a selected cohort of high-risk patients who were undergoing RALP...
- Posterior rhabdosphincter reconstruction during robotic assisted radical prostatectomy: results from a phase II randomized clinical trial
Douglas E Sutherland
Department of Urology, George Washington University, Washington, DC, USA
J Urol 185:1262-7. 2011
..Posterior rhabdosphincter reconstruction following radical prostatectomy was designed to improve early urinary continence. We executed a randomized clinical trial to test this conjecture in men undergoing robotic radical prostatectomy...
- Bladder neck contractures related to the use of Hem-o-lok clips in robot-assisted laparoscopic radical prostatectomy
Kevin B Blumenthal
Department of Urology, The George Washington University Hospital, Washington, District of Columbia 20037, USA
Urology 72:158-61. 2008
..We have had a similar experience at our institution. Our objective is to describe our experience with BNC after RALP and a novel relationship to the use of Hem-o-lok Clips (HOLC)...
- "Learning curve" may not be enough: assessing the oncological experience curve for robotic radical prostatectomy
Y Mark Hong
Department of Urology, Arizona Urology Specialists, Phoenix, Arizona 85013, USA
J Endourol 24:473-7. 2010
..Surgeons should consider whether they can build enough experience to minimize suboptimal oncological outcomes before embarking on or continuing a RALP program...
- Recovery of erectile function after nerve sparing radical prostatectomy and penile rehabilitation with nightly intraurethral alprostadil versus sildenafil citrate
Andrew R McCullough
Department of Urology, New York University School of Medicine, New York, New York, USA
J Urol 183:2451-6. 2010
..To our knowledge we report the first large, randomized, prospective penile rehabilitation clinical trial to compare the effectiveness of nightly intraurethral alprostadil vs sildenafil citrate after nerve sparing prostatectomy...
- Vascular pseudoaneurysms in urology: clinical characteristics and management
Douglas E Sutherland
Department of Urology, MultiCare Health System, Tacoma, Washington, USA
J Endourol 24:915-21. 2010
..Vascular pseudoaneurysm is a well-documented complication that results after injury to an arterial wall. We review the urologic literature for all reported postprocedural and post-traumatic cases of pseudoaneurysm...
- Management of post-prostatectomy erectile dysfunction
Joseph E Jamal
Department of Urology, George Washington University Hospital, Washington, DC 20037, USA
Can J Urol 18:5726-30. 2011
..A "one size fits all" approach is not appropriate. Herein, I discuss the evolution of my approach to managing post-prostatectomy erectile dysfunction...