Affiliation: National Research Centre
Location: Giza, Egypt
May 2013 to present: Researcher – National Research Centre (NRC),Textile Research Division (TRD), Giza - Egypt
October 2009 to October 2012: PhD Fellows in FP7 Marie Curie – Innsbruck University, Research Institute of Textile Chemsitry and Physics (RITCP), Dornbirn - Austria
May 2008 to October 2012: Researcher Assistant – National Research Centre, Textile Research Division, Giza – Egypt
October 2004 to October 2007: Scholarship Student – National Research Centre, Textile Research Division, Giza – Egypt
1. Scholarship for master study from the Egyptian academy of science and technology – Egypt, from October 2004 to October 2007.
2. Fellowship for PhD study from the Marie Curie project of FP7 (EU Commission) – from October 2009 to October 2012.
1.El-Rafie, M. H., Abdel-Halim, E. S., Emam, H. E.; "Utilization of industrial flax fiber waste (machine tow) for preparation of hydroxypropyl Cellulose (HPC)"Egyptian Journal of Textiles, Polymer Science and Technology 2007,11(2), 197–216.
2.Abdel-Halim, E. S.; Emam, H. E.; El-Rafie, M. H.; "Preparation and
Characterization of Water Soluble Poly (Acrylic Acid) – Hydroxypropyl Cellulose Composite", Carbohydrate Polymers 2008, 74(4), 783–786.
3.Abdel-Halim, E. S.; Emam, H. E.; El-Rafie, M. H.; "Utilization of Hydroxypropyl Cellulose and Poly (Acrylic Acid) – Hydroxypropyl Cellulose Composite as a Thickeners for Printing", Carbohydrate Polymers 2008, 74(4), 938–941.
4.Hebeish, A. A.; El-Rafie, M. H.; Abdel-Mohdy, F. A.; Abdel-Halim, E. S.; Emam, H. E.; "Carboxymethyl cellulose for green synthesis and stabilization of silver nanoparticles", Carbohydrate Polymers 2010, 82(3), 933-941.
5.Soliman, H. E.; Manian, A. P.; Široká, B.; Bechtold, T.; "Sorption of silver ion on regenerated cellulosic fibers", END-Year Meeting of Shaping and Transformation in the Engineering of Polysaccharides (2 ; 2010 ; Paris) Proceedings, MINES ParisTech/Cemef, Sophia Antipolis-France ; Editors: Peršin, Z.; Stana-Kleinschek, K.; ISBN 978-961-248-247-3, 2010, p. 22.
6.Hossam E. Emam, Avinash P. Manian, Barbora Široká and Thomas Bechtold; "Complexation of Copper Ion with Cellulose in Presence of Ligand", End Year Meeting Shaping and Transformation in the Engineering of Polysaccharides (3 ; 2011 ; Maribor) Book of abstracts, Maribor-Slovenia; Edited by Tatjana Kreže, ISBN 978- 961-248-314-2, 2011, p. 11.
7.Hossam E. Emam, Avinash P. Manian, Barbora Široká, Thomas Bechtold; "Copper inclusion in cellulose using sodium D-gluconate complexes", Carbohydrate Polymers 90 (2012) 1345 – 1352.
8.Hossam E. Emam, Avinash P. Manian, Barbora Široká, Heinz Duelli, Bernhard Redl, Alexandra Pipal, Thomas Bechtold; "Treatments to Impart Antimicrobial Activity to Clothing and Household Cellulosic-Textiles – Why “Nano”-silver?", Journal of Cleaner Production 39 (2013) 17-23.
9.Thomas Bechtold, Avinash P. Manian, Hale B. Öztürk, Uttam Paul, Barbora Široká, Ján Širokỳ, Hossam Soliman, Loan T.T. Vo, Hai Vu-Manh; "Ion-interactions as driving force in polysaccharide assembly", Carbohydrate Polymers 2013, 93, 316 – 323.
10.Hossam E. Emam, Salwa Mowafi, Hamada M. Mashaly, Mohamed Rehan; "Production of antibacterial colored viscose fibers using in-situ prepared spherical Ag nanoparticles", Carbohydrate Polymers 2014, 110, 148 – 155.
- Emam H, Ahmed H, Bechtold T. In-situ deposition of Cu2O micro-needles for biologically active textiles and their release properties. Carbohydr Polym. 2017;165:255-265 pubmed publisher..5-89.0% for reduction in microbial viability, which was tested for S. aureus (as gram positive bacteria), E. coli (as gram-negative bacteria) and C. albicans and A. niger (as fungal species), respectively after 24h contact time. ..
- Emam H, El Zawahry M, Ahmed H. One-pot fabrication of AgNPs, AuNPs and Ag-Au nano-alloy using cellulosic solid support for catalytic reduction application. Carbohydr Polym. 2017;166:1-13 pubmed publisher..2% from p-nitro-aniline was reduced to p-phenylene-di-amine only in 20min in the presence of Ag-Au bimetallic nano-alloy. ..
- Ahmed H, El Hawary N, Emam H. Self-assembled AuNPs for ingrain pigmentation of silk fabrics with antibacterial potency. Int J Biol Macromol. 2017;105:720-729 pubmed publisher..coli and S. aureus via using the optical density measurements. Quite simplicity, timelessness and energy saving are advantages which were realized in the current work for silk functionalization. ..
- Shaheen T, Emam H. Sono-chemical synthesis of cellulose nanocrystals from wood sawdust using Acid hydrolysis. Int J Biol Macromol. 2018;107:1599-1606 pubmed publisher..Cellulose nanocrystals are nominated as the best candidate within the range studied in the area of reinforcement by virtue of their salient textural features. ..