- Decreased nocturnal glucose variability in non-diabetic patients with sleep apnea: a pilot study
Department of Pediatrics, Assaf Harofeh Medical Center, Zerifin, affiliated with Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Ramat Aviv, Israel
Isr Med Assoc J 15:465-9. 2013
..Obstructive sleep apnea has been sho be associated with impaired glucose metabolism and overt diabetes mellitus. However, the effect of hypoxic episodes on nocturnal glucose regulation in non-diabetic patients is unknown...
- Mislabelled cow's milk allergy in infants: a prospective cohort study
Department of Pediatrics, Assaf Harofeh Medical Center, Sackler School of Medicine, Zerifin 70300, Israel
Arch Dis Child 98:408-12. 2013
..Despite this, characteristics of families and infants with mislabelled CMA are lacking...
- Cow's milk associated rectal bleeding: a population based prospective study
Department of Pediatrics, Assaf Harofeh Medical Center, Zerifin, Israel
Pediatr Allergy Immunol 23:766-70. 2012
..Isolated rectal bleeding in infants is often attributed to the consumption of cow's milk. However, the prevalence of this condition has not been described, and its preferred diagnostic methods and management are controversial...
- Role of parental atopy in cow's milk allergy: a population-based study
Allergy and Immunology Institute Assaf Harofeh Medical Center, Zerifin, Israel
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 110:279-83. 2013
..A family history of atopy has been considered an independent risk factor for atopic diseases in children...
- Clinical predictors for favorable outcomes in an oral immunotherapy program for IgE-mediated cow's milk allergy
Michael B Levy
Allergy and Immunology Institute, Assaf Harofeh Medical Center, Tel Aviv, Israel
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 112:58-63.e1. 2014
..Avoidance strategies in patients with cow's milk allergy occasionally fail to protect these patients from inadvertent exposures, leading to life-threatening reactions...
- Normal and elevated HbA1C levels correlate with severity of hypoxemia in patients with obstructive sleep apnea and decrease following CPAP treatment
The Institute of Pulmonary Medicine, Assaf Harofeh Medical Center affiliated to the Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Zerifin, 70300, Israel
Sleep Breath 16:461-6. 2012
..Also, the effect of continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) treatment on HbA1C levels in patients with sleep apnea is controversial...
- Natural course and risk factors for persistence of IgE-mediated cow's milk allergy
Allergy and Immunology Institute, Assaf Harofeh Medical Center, Zerifin, Israel
J Pediatr 161:482-487.e1. 2012
..To describe the natural course of IgE-mediated cow's milk allergy (IgE-CMA) and to determine risk factors for its persistence in a population-based cohort...
- Impaired lipopolysaccharide responsiveness of cord blood mononuclear cells and the risk of asthma: a longitudinal study
Michael R Goldberg
Institute of Allergy and Immunology, Assaf Harofeh Medical Center, Zerifin, Israel
Pediatr Res 74:211-6. 2013
..Our aim, therefore, was to examine whether an impaired cellular response to LPS in infancy is associated with the risk for asthma...
- Hypoxemia correlates with attentional dysfunction in patients with obstructive sleep apnea
The Institute of Pulmonary Medicine, Assaf Harofeh Medical Center, Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Zerifin, Israel
Sleep Breath 16:821-7. 2012
..Studies using a wide range of attention and executive functions tests in patients with severe sleep apnea are lacking...
- Management of primary spontaneous pneumothorax in children
Assaf Harofe Medical Center, Zerifin, Israel
Clin Pediatr (Phila) 50:797-802. 2011
..To examine the role of CT scans and early surgical intervention in the management of pediatric patients with primary spontaneous pneumothorax (PSP)...
- Continuous positive airway pressure improves sleep apnea associated fatty liver
Institute of Pulmonary Medicine, Assaf Harofeh Medical Center, Zerifin, Israel
Lung 188:301-7. 2010
..Patients with nonalcoholic fatty-liver disease may benefit from identification and treatment for obstructive sleep apnea because treatment may improve liver steatosis...