1. Mohammad S. Ehlayel, Abdulbari Bener. Does Prolonged Breastfeeding Reduce the Risk of Childhood Allergic Diseases and Eczema in a Developing Country? Allergy and Asthma Proceedings, Jul/Aug 2008; 29(4):386-91
2. Mohammad Ehlayel, Ludovic de Beaucoudrey, Francesca Fike, Shareef A. Nahas, Jacqueline Feinberg, Jean-Laurent Casanova, Richard A. Gatti Simultaneous presentation of two rare hereditary immunodeficiencies: Interleukin-12 Receptor B1 Deficiency and Ataxia-Telangiectasia. J Allergy Clin Immunol, Dec 2008; 122(6): 1217-19
3. Abdulbari Bener, Gilles Lestringant, Mohammad Ehlayel, Kaari Saarinen, Ahmed Takiddin: Treatment outcome of acne vulgaris with oral isotretinoin results from a cohort of 198 patients. J Coll Physicians Surg Pak. 2009; 19: 49-51
4. Ehlayel M, Bener A. Is vitamin D deficiency in children a risk factor for asthma Allergy 64 (Suppl. 90): 91
5. Bener, M. Dogan, M.S. Ehlayel, N.J. Shanks, A. Sabbah. The impact of air pollution on hospital admission for respiratory and cardiovascular diseases in an oil and gas-rich country. Eur Ann Allergy Clin Immunol 2009; 41: 80-84
6. Mohammad Ehlayel, Tawfeg Ben-Omran, Venkatraman Bhat, Ahmad S. Teebi. Lissencephaly, IgG Subclass Immunodeficiency, and a Connective Tissue Disorder: A New Syndrome? J Neurol. 2009; 256: 287-90.
7.Mohammad S. Ehlayel, Abdulbari Bener, Hatim M. Abdulrahman. Protective effect of breast-feeding on diarrhoea among children in a newly fast developed Society. Turkish J Pediatr 2009; 51:527-33.
8. de Beaucoudrey L, …Lau YL, Ehlayel MS, Fieschi C, Abel L, Sanal O, Casanova JL Revisiting human IL-12Rβ1 deficiency: a survey of 141 patients from 30 countries. Medicine (Baltimore) 2010; 89:381-402
9. Abdulbari Bener, Mohammad S. Ehlayel, Hatim M. Abdulrahman. Does exclusive breast feeding prevent diarrheal diseases? A study in Qatar. Rev Bras Saúde Mater Infant Recife 2011; 11: 95-99
10. Mohammad S. Ehlayel, Abdulbari Bener, Alfred Sabbah. Is high prevalence of vitamin d deficiency evidence for asthma and allergy risks? Eur Ann Allergy Clin Immunol 2011; 43:81-8.
11. Mohammad S. Ehlayel, Khalid Abu Hazeima, Fatima Al-Mesaifri, Abdulbari Bener. Camel milk: an alternative for cow milk allergic children. 2011: Allergy Asthma Proceedings 2011; 32: 255-8
12. Mohammad Ehlayel, Abdulbari Bener, Khalid Abu Hazeima, Fatima Al-Mesaifri. Camel Milk is a Safer Choice than Goats Milk for Feeding Children with Cows Milk Allergy. ISRN Allergy; volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 391641, 5 pages; doi:10.5402/2011/391641.
13. Ammar Saadoon, Mohammad Ehlayel. Co-existing paradoxical vocal cord motion and asthma in a young child. Pediatr Pulmonol 2011; Aug 9. doi: 10.1002/ppul.21514. [Epub ahead of print]
14. Abdulbari Bener, Mohammad S. Ehlayel, Meri K Tulic, Qutayba Hamid.Vitamin D deficiency as strong predictor of asthma in Qatari children. Int Arch Allergy Immunol 2012; 157:168–175
- Duration of breast-feeding and the risk of childhood allergic diseases in a developing countryMohammad S Ehlayel
Department of Pediatrics Allergy and Immunology, Hamad Medical Corporation, Doha, Qatar
Allergy Asthma Proc 29:386-91. 2008..In children of developing countries, prolonged breast-feeding reduces the risk of developing allergic diseases and eczema even in the presence of maternal allergy, where it might be a practical, effective preventive measure...
- Treatment outcome of acne vulgaris with oral isotretinoinAbdulbari Bener
Department of Medical Statistics and Epidemiology, Hamad General Hospital and Hamad Medical Corporation, Doha, State of Qatar
J Coll Physicians Surg Pak 19:49-51. 2009..Study Design: A cohort, descriptive, hospital-based study...
- The impact of air pollution on hospital admission for respiratory and cardiovascular diseases in an oil and gas-rich countryA Bener
Dept of Medical Statistics and Epidemiology, Weill Cornell Medical College, Hamad Medical Corporation, Hamad General Hospital, Qatar
Eur Ann Allergy Clin Immunol 41:80-4. 2009..Aim of this study was to evaluate the impact of air pollution on hospital admissions for respiratory and cardiovascular diseases in an oil rich developing country, State of Qatar...
- Revisiting human IL-12Rβ1 deficiency: a survey of 141 patients from 30 countriesLudovic de Beaucoudrey
Laboratory of Human Genetics of Infectious Diseases U980, Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Paris, France
Medicine (Baltimore) 89:381-402. 2010..The condition has higher clinical penetrance, broader susceptibility to infections, and less favorable outcome than previously thought...
- Is high prevalence of vitamin D deficiency evidence for asthma and allergy risks?M S Ehlayel
Section of Pediatric Allergy Immunology, Department of Pediatrics, Hamad Medical Corporation, Doha, State of Qatar
Eur Ann Allergy Clin Immunol 43:81-8. 2011..Studies suggest a link between vitamin D deficiency and development of asthma and allergic diseases...
- Protective effect of breastfeeding on diarrhea among children in a rapidly growing newly developed societyMohammad S Ehlayel
Unit of Allergy and Immunology, Department of Pediatrics, Hamad Medical Corporation, Qatar
Turk J Pediatr 51:527-33. 2009..This observation is particularly important given the growing concern that, as an unwanted effect of 'modernization', breastfeeding is on the decline in Qatar and comparable populations elsewhere...
- Camel milk is a safer choice than goat milk for feeding children with cow milk allergyMohammad Ehlayel
Section of Pediatric Allergy Immunology, Department of Pediatrics, Hamad Medical Corporation, P O Box 3050, Doha, Qatar Weill Cornell Medical College, Doha, Qatar
ISRN Allergy 2011:391641. 2011..Patients with negative SPT tolerated well camel and goat milks. Conclusions. In CMA, SPT indicates low cross-reactivity between camel milk and cow milk, and camel milk is a safer alternative than goat milk...
- Camel milk: an alternative for cow's milk allergy in childrenMohammad S Ehlayel
Department of Pediatrics, Hamad Medical Corporation and Weill Cornell Medical College, Qatar
Allergy Asthma Proc 32:255-8. 2011..In children with CMA, SPT is a reliable clinical test in ruling out reactivity to camel's milk so these children could safely take camel's milk as an alternative nutrient...