Nestor A Gomez
- Repair of bile duct injuries with Gore-Tex vascular grafts: experimental study in dogsNestor A Gomez
Department of Surgery, School of Medicine, University of Guayaquil, Guayaquil, Ecuador
J Gastrointest Surg 6:116-20. 2002..The ductility and flexibility of the material allows any type of anastomosis to be performed, especially when bile duct-gut anastomosis is technically difficult...
- Rectum leiomyoma in a 10-month-old femaleN A Gomez
Institute of Digestive Diseases, Esperanza Foundation, P O Box 09 04 905 Guayaquil, Ecuador
Pediatr Surg Int 19:104-5. 2003..Rectal examination revealed a clearly visible mass. The treatment consisted of a surgical resection with wide margins. Pathology reported a leiomyoma. The patient was submitted to a careful clinical evaluation and a continuous follow up...
- Use of a polytetrafluoroethylene tube and patch in the repair of a difficult duodenal stumpN A Gomez
University of Guayaquil, Faculty of Medicine, Ecuador
Acta Gastroenterol Latinoam 33:9-12. 2003..Both gave successful results in the repair of a refractory duodenal stump dehiscence...
- [Efficacy of stool antigen and serologic tests in the diagnosis of Helicobacter pylori in Ecuadorian population]Nestor A Gomez
Departamento de Cirugía de la Escuela de Medicina, Universidad de Guayaquil Guayaquil, Ecuador
Rev Gastroenterol Mex 70:146-50. 2005..To assess the effectiveness in the Ecuadorian population of 2 non-invasive methods for the detection of the Helicobacter pylori: the stool antigens immunoassay (HpSAg) and the determination IgG serum of'antibodies...
- [Biliary stenosis, hepatitis A and valsartan: multifactorial hepatotoxicity in a surgical patient]Nestor A Gomez
Departamento de Cirugia, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad de Guayaquil, Ecuador
Cir Esp 79:189-91. 2006..In patients with jaundice after biliary surgery, exhaustive studies must be carried out before reintervention is performed, including investigation of the administration of drugs with potential hepatotoxic effects...
- [Seroprevalence of Helicobacter pylori among the child population of Ecuador]Nestor A Gomez
Departamento de Cirugia, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad de Guayaquil
Rev Gastroenterol Peru 24:230-3. 2004..To determine the prevalence of anti-Helicobacter pylori IgG antibodies among the children population of Ecuador and the possible relation with the presence of recurring gastrointestinal symptoms...
- [Evaluation of serology as a diagnostic method for Helicobacter pylori infection in the local population of Guayaquil]Jorge A Zapatier
Instituto de Enfermedades Digestivas, Fundación Esperanza, Guayaquil, Ecuador
Acta Gastroenterol Latinoam 37:104-9. 2007..The infection with Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori), and the diagnostic efficacy of the serologic tests has certain variability among the different geographic regions...