- Touch imprint cytology in biopsy of the infertile testis
Department of Pathology, University of Mersin, School of Medicine, Turkey
Acta Cytol 45:990-4. 2001
..To identify different cell types in the testis by using touch imprint cytology and to compare the cytologic findings to the histopathologic diagnosis in infertile men...
- Mast cells and fibrosis on testicular biopsies in male infertility
D D Apa
University of Mersin School of Medicine, Mersin, Turkey
Arch Androl 48:337-44. 2002
..04 and p = .024, respectively). The mast cells and the mast cell product tryptase could be involved in the etiology of defective spermatogenesis, especially whenever the last stage (tubular hyalinization and sclerosis) takes place...
- 34-BetaE12 expression in benign and premalignant squamous lesions of skin: relation to cell proliferation (Ki-67)
D Düşmez Apa
University of Mersin School of Medicine, Department of Pathology, Mersin, Turkey
J Exp Clin Cancer Res 22:441-5. 2003
..Basal cell status assessment completed by 34-betaE12 may resolve some, but not all of the problems in terms of determining the presence of dysplasia...
- Histopathological changes seen in mycosis fungoides patients after phototherapy
Duygu Dusmez Apa
Department of Pathology, Mersin University, School of Medicine, Mersin 33079, Turkey
Am J Dermatopathol 32:276-80. 2010
- The effect of aprotinin on ischemia-reperfusion injury in the rabbit kidney
Department of Anaesthesiology and Reanimation, University of Mersin, Turkey
Pharmacol Res 44:455-60. 2001
..28 micromol x L(-1) in group II). No statistically important difference was observed between the two groups. These results suggest that aprotinin may be beneficial in the prevention of systemic inflammation after transient renal ischemia...
- Villoglandular papillary adenocarcinoma of the uterine cervix with immunohistochemical characteristics
Dept of Pathology, University of Mersin, Faculty of Medicine, Turkey
J Exp Clin Cancer Res 21:425-7. 2002
..In this paper, clinical, macroscopical, microscopical and immunohistochemical characteristics of this tumour are reviewed...
- Effect of trapidil, an antiplatelet and vasodilator agent on gentamicin-induced nephrotoxicity in rats
Department of Pharmacology, Medical Faculty, Mersin University, Turkey
Pharmacol Res 44:321-8. 2001
..The mechanism underlying trapidil nephroprotection is not known, but may result from the antagonism of platelet-derived growth factor (PDGF), vasodilatation, inhibition of trombosit aggregation, and/or NO release...