- Clinical and sensorimotor gating effects of ketamine in normals
E J Duncan
Veterans Affairs New York Harbor Health Care System New York Campus, New York, NY, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 25:72-83. 2001
..15, p =.026). These results indicate that the clinical effects of ketamine are not coupled with schizophrenic-like disruption of PPI in normal controls...
- Effects of smoking on acoustic startle and prepulse inhibition in humans
Psychiatry Service, New York Harbor Veterans Affairs Medical Center, NY 10010, USA
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 156:266-72. 2001
..PPI is used as an operational measure of sensorimotor gating in both humans and other mammals. Acute administration of nicotine enhances PPI in rats, an effect that has been recently demonstrated in humans...
- Prepulse inhibition of acoustic startle in subjects with schizophrenia treated with olanzapine or haloperidol
Emory University School of Medicine, GA, Atlanta, USA
Psychiatry Res 120:1-12. 2003
..The results are consistent with the hypothesis that PPI impairments are relatively stable across treatment conditions...
- Prepulse inhibition of the acoustic startle response in cocaine-withdrawn rats
J U Adams
Mental Health Research, New York Harbor Department of Veterans Affairs Health Care System, Department of Psychiatry, New York University School of Medicine, NY 10010, USA
Pharmacol Biochem Behav 68:753-9. 2001
..Thus, extended chronic treatment with cocaine rendered significant effects on startle responsivity. Further, this finding mirrors the blunted ASR exhibited in chronic cocaine users [Neuropsychopharmacology 22 (2000) 89.]...
- Disturbed glucose metabolism among patients taking olanzapine and typical antipsychotics
Boadie W Dunlop
Mood and Anxiety Disorders Program, Department of Psychiatry, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30329, USA
Psychopharmacol Bull 37:99-117. 2003
- Diurnal variation in plasma homovanillic acid in patients with schizophrenia and healthy controls
Schizophr Res 81:323-6. 2006
- Relative risk of glucose elevation during antipsychotic exposure in a Veterans Administration population
Mental Health Service, Atlanta VA Medical Center, Decatur GA 30033, USA
Int Clin Psychopharmacol 22:1-11. 2007
..These data indicate that patients with no previously observed glucose elevations develop diabetes-level hyperglycemia during antipsychotic treatment, particularly in patients receiving olanzapine...
- Differences in startle reflex and prepulse inhibition in European-Americans and African-Americans
Atlanta Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Psychophysiology 45:876-82. 2008
..These findings support the idea of racial differences in startle response. Implications for study design are highlighted, and possible environmental and genetic influences are considered...