Affiliation: Independent Researcher, Policy Advocate, Entrepreneur
Location: Gainesville, FL, USA
- NMR analysis of Caenorhabditis elegans FLP-18 neuropeptides: implications for NPR-1 activationAaron T Dossey
McKnight Brain Institute, University of Florida, 100 South Newell Drive, Building 59, Room LG-150, Gainesville, Florida 32611, USA
Biochemistry 45:7586-97. 2006..We hypothesize that these loops, along with peptide charge, diminish the activity of this peptide on NPR-1 relative to that of EMPGVLRF-NH2. These results provide some insight into the large amino acid diversity in FLPs...
- Insects and their chemical weaponry: new potential for drug discoveryAaron T Dossey
Nat Prod Rep 27:1737-57. 2010
- Alkyldimethylpyrazines in the defensive spray of Phyllium westwoodii: a first for order PhasmatodeaAaron T Dossey
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32610 0245, USA
J Chem Ecol 35:861-70. 2009..This is the first report of pyrazines found in the defensive gland spray of phasmid insects, and the first chemical analysis of glandular material from family Phylliidae...
- Bacterial attraction and quorum sensing inhibition in Caenorhabditis elegans exudatesFatma Kaplan
Center for Medical, Agricultural and Veterinary Entomology, USDA ARS, Gainesville, FL, USA
J Chem Ecol 35:878-92. 2009..Our results demonstrate that C. elegans can attract its bacterial food and has the potential of partially regulating the virulence of bacterial pathogens by inhibiting specific QS systems...
- Relative configuration of natural products using NMR chemical shiftsBing Wang
Department of Chemistry, Quantum Theory Project, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida 32611, USA
J Nat Prod 72:709-13. 2009..Complementary to the NOE-based method, a comparison between experimental and calculated NMR chemical shifts can provide an efficient method to assign the relative configuration of natural products...
- Developmental and geographical variation in the chemical defense of the walkingstick insect Anisomorpha buprestoidesAaron T Dossey
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Florida, PO Box 100245, Gainesville, FL 32610 0245, USA
J Chem Ecol 34:584-90. 2008..This appears to be the first report of a developmentally regulated change in walkingstick insect chemical defense. Our results suggest a more complex role of these substances in the overall chemical ecology of walkingstick insects...
- Strategy for automated analysis of dynamic metabolic mixtures by NMR. Application to an insect venomFengli Zhang
National High Magnet Field Laboratory, Florida State University, Tallahassee, Florida 32310, USA
Anal Chem 79:7748-52. 2007..The method is demonstrated on a metabolic model mixture and is then applied to the unpurified venom mixture of an individual walking stick insect that contains several slowly interconverting and closely related metabolites...
- Parectadial, a monoterpenoid from the defensive spray of Parectatosoma mocquerysiAaron T Dossey
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida 32610, USA
J Nat Prod 70:1335-8. 2007..This work demonstrates the value of walkingstick insects as sources of new bioactive compounds and provides an analytical framework for identifying such substances...
- Single insect NMR: A new tool to probe chemical biodiversityAaron T Dossey
ACS Chem Biol 1:511-4. 2006..Single-insect variability of venom demonstrates the potential importance of chemical biodiversity at the level of individual animals...
- Hierarchical alignment and full resolution pattern recognition of 2D NMR spectra: application to nematode chemical ecologySteven L Robinette
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida 32610 0245, United States
Anal Chem 83:1649-57. 2011..These results demonstrate that the combination of 2D NMR spectra with full-resolution statistical analysis provides a platform for chemical and biological studies in cellular biochemistry, metabolomics, and chemical ecology...