- The ideal split-thickness skin graft donor site dressing: rediscovery of polyurethane film
Department of Plastic, Reconstructive, Hand, and Burn Surgery, Clinic Bogenhausen, Technical University, Munich, Germany
Ann Plast Surg 63:198-200. 2009
..We conclude that the modification results in a more practicable, comfortable, and cost-effective film dressing, which requalifies the polyurethane film as an ideal dressing material for split-thickness skin graft donor sites...
- The ideal split-thickness skin graft donor-site dressing: a clinical comparative trial of a modified polyurethane dressing and aquacel
Department of Plastic, Reconstructive, Hand, and Burn Surgery, Academic Hospital Munich Bogenhausen, Technical University Munich, Munich, Germany
Plast Reconstr Surg 128:918-24. 2011
..The study was conducted to compare the polyurethane dressing system and Aquacel, a hydrofiber wound dressing, which also seems to fulfill all criteria of an ideal donor-site dressing...
- Sensitivity and specificity of ICG angiography in free flap reexploration
Department of Plastic, Reconstructive and Hand Surgery, Burn Centre, Klinikum Bogenhausen, Munich, Germany
J Reconstr Microsurg 26:311-6. 2010
..Routine implementation of this technique may expedite a correct diagnosis and facilitate the surgical approach by preventing unnecessary surgical manipulation of intact anastomoses...
- Assessment of the patency of microvascular anastomoses using microscope-integrated near-infrared angiography: a preliminary study
Department of Plastic, Reconstructive and Hand Surgery, Burn Centre, Klinikum Bogenhausen, Technical University Munich, Englschalkingerstrasse 77, Munich 81925, Germany
Microsurgery 29:509-14. 2009
..We report the first human study on a new microscope-integrated fluorescence angiography technique, which allows for intraoperative imaging of the anastomotic site...
- The latissimus dorsi detrusor myoplasty for functional treatment of bladder acontractility
Department of Plastic, Reconstructive, Hand and Burn Surgery, Klinikum Bogenhausen, Städtisches Klinikum München GmbH, Englschalkinger Strasse 77, Munich 81825, Germany
Clin Plast Surg 39:507-12. 2012
..The literature is reviewed and the latissimus detrusor myoplasty is compared with other functional muscle transfers to restore voluntary micturition...
- Peripheral nerve reconstruction with collagen tubes filled with denatured autologous muscle tissue in the rat model
Department of Plastic, Reconstructive, Hand and Burn Surgery, Academic Hospital Bogenhausen, Munich 81925, Germany
Microsurgery 31:632-41. 2011
..In conclusion, combined muscle tubes may have a positive influence on nerve fiber maturation. However, muscle pretreatment is not without risks, and denaturation processes need to be further refined...
- The intrinsic transit time of free microvascular flaps: clinical and prognostic implications
Department of Plastic, Reconstructive and Hand Surgery, Burn Centre, Klinikum Bogenhausen, Technische Universitat Munchen, Munich, Germany
Microsurgery 30:91-6. 2010
..We performed a clinical trial evaluating the association between intraoperative free flap transit time and early anastomotic complications in elective microsurgery...
- Microsurgical advances in extremity salvage
Department of Plastic, Reconstructive, Hand and Burn Surgery, Klinikum Bogenhausen, Städtisches Klinikum München GmbH, Munich, Germany
Clin Plast Surg 39:491-505. 2012
..They discuss indications and contraindications for these procedures, along with emphasizing the important points of each...