- Retinoic acid in development: towards an integrated view
Department of Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine, One Baylor Plaza, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Nat Rev Genet 9:541-53. 2008
..Some of these functions could be maintained throughout the life of an organism to regulate cell-lineage decisions and/or the differentiation of stem cell populations, highlighting possibilities for regenerative medicine...
- miRNeye: a microRNA expression atlas of the mouse eye
Telethon Institute for Genetics and Medicine, Via P Castellino 111, Naples, Italy
BMC Genomics 11:715. 2010
..MicroRNAs (miRNAs) are key regulators of biological processes. To define miRNA function in the eye, it is essential to determine a high-resolution profile of their spatial and temporal distribution...
- Fate of retinoic acid-activated embryonic cell lineages
IGBMC Institut de Génétique et de Biologie Moléculaire et Cellulaire, Illkirch, France
Dev Dyn 239:3260-74. 2010
..These are described in relationship with current models of RA activity in various developmental systems, including the embryonic caudal region, limb buds, hindbrain, sensory organs, and heart...
- Developmental expression of retinoic acid receptors (RARs)
IGBMC Institut de Génétique et de Biologie Moléculaire et Cellulaire, France
Nucl Recept Signal 7:e006. 2009
..These pleiotropic roles are summarized hereafter in relationship to the receptors' expression patterns...
- Dynamic expression of the retinoic acid-synthesizing enzyme retinol dehydrogenase 10 (rdh10) in the developing mouse brain and sensory organs
IGBMC Institut de Génétique et de Biologie Moléculaire et Cellulaire, BP 10142, Illkirch, F 67400 France
J Comp Neurol 508:879-92. 2008
- The oxidizing enzyme CYP26a1 tightly regulates the availability of retinoic acid in the gastrulating mouse embryo to ensure proper head development and vasculogenesis
IGBMC, Institut de Genetique et de Biologie Moleculaire et Cellulaire, BP 10142, Illkirch, France
Dev Dyn 236:644-53. 2007
..We also report a novel role of CYP26A1 during early development of the intra- and extra-embryonic vascular networks...
- Retinoic acid signalling during development
Institut de Genetique et de Biologie Moleculaire et Cellulaire, Illkirch, France
Development 139:843-58. 2012
..Here, we provide an overview of the RA biosynthesis, degradation and signalling pathways and review the main functions of this molecule during embryogenesis...
- Expression of the murine retinol dehydrogenase 10 (Rdh10) gene correlates with many sites of retinoid signalling during embryogenesis and organ differentiation
Institut de Genetique et de Biologie Moleculaire et Cellulaire, INSERM, U596, CNRS, UMR 7104, Illkirch, France
Dev Dyn 236:2899-908. 2007
..These data implicate the retinol to retinaldehyde conversion as the first step in the tissue-specific regulation of retinoic acid synthesis, at least in mammalian embryos...
- Combinatorial signalling controls Neurogenin2 expression at the onset of spinal neurogenesis
Institut de Genetique et de Biologie Moleculaire et Cellulaire, INSERM U 596, CNRS UMR 7104, Universite Louis Pasteur, 1 rue Laurent Fries, Illkirch, BP 10142 F 67400, France
Dev Biol 321:470-81. 2008
..Our data thus support a model where signal integration at the level of a single enhancer constitutes a key mechanism to control the onset of neurogenesis...
- Dynamic expression of retinoic acid-synthesizing and -metabolizing enzymes in the developing mouse inner ear
Institut Clinique de la Souris, Illkirch, France
J Comp Neurol 496:643-54. 2006
..The downregulation of Cyp26s and the upregulation of Raldhs after birth during inner ear maturation suggest tissue changes in the sensitivity to retinoic acid concentrations...
- Endogenous retinoic acid regulates cardiac progenitor differentiation
Song Chang Lin
Departments of Medicine and Molecular and Cellular Biology, Center for Cardiovascular Development, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:9234-9. 2010
..Hence, although lack of RA signaling increases cardiac SP numbers, simultaneous reductions in Fgf signaling reduce cardiomyocyte differentiation, possibly accounting for long-term defects in myocardial growth...
- Genetic inactivation of prokineticin receptor-1 leads to heart and kidney disorders
Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Universite de Strasbourg, UMR 7242, Ecole Superieure de Biotechnologie de Strasbourg, Illkirch, France
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 31:842-50. 2011
..Observations of cardiac and renal toxicity in cancer patients treated with antiangiogenic compounds led us to explore how PKR1 signaling functioned in heart and kidney in vivo...
- Retinoic acid regulates morphogenesis and patterning of posterior foregut derivatives
Department of Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Dev Biol 297:433-45. 2006
..Our data implicate RA as a regulator of gene expression in the early embryonic lung and stomach region upstream of Hox, Tbx and FGF10 signaling...