- Nursing care of elderly people at home and ethical implications: an experience from Istanbul
Nurs Ethics 11:553-67. 2004
..In this article we discuss our findings, comparing them with those in the literature, and suggest that there should be nursing care at home with insurance coverage while using a proper ethical approach...
- Fetuses with neural tube defects: ethical approaches and the role of health care professionals in Turkish health care institutions
Istanbul University, Turkey
Nurs Ethics 12:59-78. 2005
..The authors suggest that institutional ethical frameworks, ethics committees, professionals' ethics education and multidisciplinary teamwork should be established for critical situations such as fetuses with an NTD...
- Rudolf Nissen (1896-1981): his contributions to surgery and his role in Turkey
Department of Medical History and Ethics, Cerrahpasa Medical School, Istanbul University, Istanbul, Turkey
Isr Med Assoc J 11:255-8. 2009
..This paper discusses Nissen's invaluable contribution not only to Istanbul University's surgical department but also to the universal field of surgery...
- Contributions of Siegfried Oberndorfer to pathology and evolution of carcinoid
Assoc Prof Hanzade Dogan, Tip Etiği ve Tip Tarihi Anabilim Dali Cerrahpaşa Tip Fakultesi, Istanbul Universitesi, Aksaray Istanbul Türkiye, fax 90 216 5502402, e mail or
Pol J Pathol 61:49-53. 2010
- Attitudes toward death and brain death among Turkey's physicians: a brief research report
Yedrtepe University, Istanbul, Turkey
Omega (Westport) 59:339-49. 2009
..In conclusion, the authors suggest that the brain death issue must be discussed by physicians, other professionals in Turkish society, and the general public so to reach a better concensus...
- Patients' transcultural needs and carers' ethical responses
Istanbul University, Istanbul, Turkey
Nurs Ethics 16:683-96. 2009
..Suggestions for better transcultural health care paradigms are made for relating to patients from different cultures when patients and care providers have little understanding of each other's needs and expectations...