- Field evaluation of FD-DAT, rK39 dipstick and KATEX (urine latex agglutination) for diagnosis of visceral leishmaniasis in northwest Ethiopia
Gondar University, Amhara Regional State, Gondar, Ethiopia
Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg 101:908-14. 2007
..The sensitivity of KATEX and rK39 dipstick tests needs to be improved to promote their use as first-line diagnostic tests in the field setting of northwestern Ethiopia...
- Blood safety & prevalence of transfussion transmissible viral infections among donors at the Red Cross Blood Bank in Gondar University Hospital
Department of Internal Medicine, AAUMF
Ethiop Med J 46:7-13. 2008
..In Ethiopia the safety and magnitude of blood transfusion and TTIs is not well investigated..
- Clinical characterization of sarcoidosis in Ethiopia
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Gondar
Ethiop Med J 49:323-9. 2011
..Sarcoidosis is a granulomatous multisystem disease. Its manifestations overlaps with more prevalent diseases like tuberculosis, hence, it is usually overlooked...
- Nitric oxide production in the exhaled air of patients with pulmonary tuberculosis in relation to HIV co-infection
Department of Medical Microbiology, Faculty of Health Sciences, Linkoping University, 58185 Linkoping, Sweden
BMC Infect Dis 8:146. 2008
..Thus, our aim was to investigate levels of FeNO in relation to clinical symptoms and urinary NO metabolites (uNO)...
- Coinfection and clinical manifestations of tuberculosis in human immunodeficiency virus-infected and -uninfected adults at a teaching hospital, northwest Ethiopia
Department of Microbiology and Parasitology, University of Gondar, Gondar, Ethiopia
J Microbiol Immunol Infect 40:116-22. 2007
..This study was aimed at assessing the clinical manifestations of TB in patients with or without HIV coinfection in a hospital-based cross-sectional study in Gondar, Ethiopia...
- HIV and intestinal parasites in adult TB patients in a teaching hospital in Northwest Ethiopia
Department of Microbiology and Parasitology, University of Gondar, PO Box 196, Gondar, Ethiopia
Trop Doct 37:222-4. 2007
..1%) and intestinal parasites (40.9%) The high prevalence of HIV and intestinal parasites indicates an increased morbidity inTB patients and emphasized the importance of continued HIV sero-surveillance, stool analysis and treatment...
- Diarrhoea-associated parasites in HIV-1 seropositive and sero-negative patients in a teaching hospital, Northwest Ethiopia
Department of Applied Biology, Faculty of Applied Natural Sciences, University of Gondar, P O Box 196, COM
Ethiop Med J 45:165-70. 2007
..to determine the prevalence and type of intestinal parasites in HIV infected and uninfected patients with diarrhea...
- Outcomes of pregnancy in severe malaria wth emphasis on neurological manifestations in Gondar Hospital northwest Ethiopia
Department of Neurology, Faculty of Medicine, Addis Ababa University
Ethiop Med J 44:321-30. 2006
..Pregnant women are prone to severe malaria despite previous malaria attacks because of decreased immunity. This puts both the mother and the fetus at a greater risk...
- Musculoskeletal sarcoidosis in an Ethiopian
Department of Orthopedics, Black Lion Hospital, Addis Ababa
Ethiop Med J 45:85-90. 2007
..This had been mis-diagnosed as tuberculosis and the patient had previously been treated without effect with two full courses of anti-tuberculosis chemotherapy. Eventually the clinical and radiological suspicions were confirmed by biopsy...