- Rehman Z, Qiu X, Sun Y, Liao Y, Tan L, Song C, et al. Vitamin E Supplementation Ameliorates Newcastle Disease Virus-Induced Oxidative Stress and Alleviates Tissue Damage in the Brains of Chickens. Viruses. 2018;10: pubmed publisher..These findings also demonstrate that supplementing vitamin E ameliorates these pathologies in chickens and proposes its supplementation for NDV-induced stresses. ..
- Bao S, Chen D, Yu S, Chen H, Tan L, Hu M, et al. Characterization of triosephosphate isomerase from Mycoplasma gallisepticum. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 2015;362:fnv140 pubmed publisher..gallisepticum to the DF-1 cells was significantly inhibited by the anti-MGTpiA serum. The results of the study suggested that MGTpiA plays an important role in the metabolism and closely related to the M. gallisepticum pathogenicity. ..
- Zhang F, Bao S, Yu S, Cheng J, Tan L, Qiu X, et al. Development of a loop-mediated isothermal amplification targeting a gene within the pyruvate dehydrogenase complex, the pdhA gene, for rapid detection of Mycoplasma gallisepticum. J Vet Diagn Invest. 2015;27:260-7 pubmed publisher..The positive detection rate was 20.2% (37/183) by LAMP and 13.1% (24/183) by PCR. The LAMP assay could provide a cost-effective, quick, and sensitive method for the detection of M. gallisepticum. ..
- Liu J, Cong Y, Yin R, Ding C, Yu S, Liu X, et al. The deletion of an extra six nucleotides in the 5' -untranslated region of the nucleoprotein gene of Newcastle disease virus NA-1 decreases virulence. BMC Vet Res. 2014;10:964 pubmed publisher..However, rNA-1(-) was more virulent in chickens than geese, as seen by the higher intracerebral pathogenicity index value. ..
- Tan L, Liao Y, Fan J, Zhang Y, Mao X, Sun Y, et al. Prediction and identification of novel IBV S1 protein derived CTL epitopes in chicken. Vaccine. 2016;34:380-6 pubmed publisher..This study provides a new method to screen virus CTL epitopes in chicken and to develop poly-CTL-epitope DNA vaccines. ..
- Sheng X, Sun Y, Zhan Y, Qu Y, Wang H, Luo M, et al. The LXR ligand GW3965 inhibits Newcastle disease virus infection by affecting cholesterol homeostasis. Arch Virol. 2016;161:2491-501 pubmed publisher..GW3965 treatment prevented cholesterol accumulation in the perinuclear area of the infected cells. In summary, our studies suggest that GW3965 inhibits NDV infection, probably by affecting cholesterol homeostasis. ..
- Tan L, Chen H, Yu S, Qiu X, Song C, Chen D, et al. A SOE-PCR method of introducing multiple mutations into Mycoplasma gallisepticum neuraminidase. J Microbiol Methods. 2013;94:117-120 pubmed publisher..The recombinant protein was successfully expressed and retained neuraminidase activities, indicating that SOE-PCR is a rapid and highly efficient method of introducing multiple mutations into large M. gallisepticum genes. ..
- He S, Qi J, Yu S, Yin Y, Tan L, Bao S, et al. Expression and immunological characteristics of the surface-localized pyruvate kinase in Mycoplasma gallisepticum. Microb Pathog. 2015;89:161-8 pubmed publisher..31% inhibition of adhesion in the presence of anti-rMGPykF antiserum, suggesting that PykF of M. gallisepticum participates in bacterial adhesion to DF-1 cells. ..
- Tan L, Zhang Y, Qiao C, Yuan Y, Sun Y, Qiu X, et al. NDV entry into dendritic cells through macropinocytosis and suppression of T lymphocyte proliferation. Virology. 2018;518:126-135 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these findings provide new insights into the mechanism underlying NDV infections, particularly in relation to antigen presentation cells and suppression of T cell proliferation. ..
- Wang Y, Yi L, Zhang F, Qiu X, Tan L, Yu S, et al. Identification of genes involved in Mycoplasma gallisepticum biofilm formation using mini-Tn4001-SGM transposon mutagenesis. Vet Microbiol. 2017;198:17-22 pubmed publisher..This study adds to our understanding of the molecular mechanisms involved in MG biofilm formation and may shed light on the persistence of MG infections. ..
- Qiu X, Meng C, Zhan Y, Yu S, Li S, Ren T, et al. Phylogenetic, antigenic and biological characterization of pigeon paramyxovirus type 1 circulating in China. Virol J. 2017;14:186 pubmed publisher..Even though PPMV-1 did not cause high mortality in experimental pigeons, the infected pigeons were exhibiting viral shedding for 3 weeks after infection, suggesting PPMV-1 is a potential threat to NDV control worldwide. ..
- Cheng Y, Ma J, Liu Y, Gao Q, Yan Y, Wang H, et al. Chicken TBK1 interacts with STING and is involved in IFN-? signaling regulation. Dev Comp Immunol. 2017;77:200-209 pubmed publisher..Together, we identified the chTBK1 as a chSTING interactive protein and concluded that chTBK1 is involved in chSTING-triggered IFN-? signaling in chicken cells. ..
- Tan L, Zhang Y, Liu F, Yuan Y, Zhan Y, Sun Y, et al. Infectious bronchitis virus poly-epitope-based vaccine protects chickens from acute infection. Vaccine. 2016;34:5209-5216 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrated that the IBV poly-epitope-based vaccine effectively prevents infection and represents a potential IBV vaccine. ..
- Wang B, Zhu J, Li D, Wang Y, Zhan Y, Tan L, et al. Newcastle disease virus infection induces activation of the NLRP3 inflammasome. Virology. 2016;496:90-96 pubmed publisher..This study shows that NLRP3 inflammasome activation is an innate cellular response to NDV infection and offers insights into the oncolytic specificity of NDV. ..
- Qiu X, Zhan Y, Meng C, Wang J, Dong L, Sun Y, et al. Identification and functional analysis of phosphorylation in Newcastle disease virus phosphoprotein. Arch Virol. 2016;161:2103-16 pubmed publisher..This study sheds light on the mechanism by which P protein phosphorylation affects NDV replication and transcription. ..
- Cheng Y, Wang H, Yan Y, Ding C, Sun J. Two myeloid differentiation factor 88 (MyD88) isoforms identified in ducks. Dev Comp Immunol. 2015;52:144-54 pubmed publisher..The results verify the existence of a MyD88-dependent signaling pathway in ducks and contribute to understanding the potential role of MyD88s in the innate immune response. ..
- Zhang S, Sun Y, Chen H, Dai Y, Zhan Y, Yu S, et al. Activation of the PKR/eIF2? signaling cascade inhibits replication of Newcastle disease virus. Virol J. 2014;11:62 pubmed publisher..PKR is activated by dsRNA generated by NDV infection and inhibits NDV replication by eIF2? phosphorylation. This study provides insight into NDV-host interactions for the development of candidate antiviral strategies. ..
- Sun Y, Dong L, Yu S, Wang X, Zheng H, Zhang P, et al. Newcastle disease virus induces stable formation of bona fide stress granules to facilitate viral replication through manipulating host protein translation. FASEB J. 2017;31:1337-1353 pubmed publisher..Zhan, Y., Tan, L., Song, C., Qiu, X., Wang, G., Liao, Y., Ding, C. Newcastle disease virus induces stable formation of bona fide stress granules to facilitate viral replication through manipulating host protein translation. ..