- When things do not go as expected: scenario life savers
From the Danish Institute for Medical Simulation P D, A L, Capital Region of Denmark, Copenhagen University Hospital, Herlev, Denmark Victoria Infirmary R G, Glasgow, United Kingdom and Center for Patient Safety and Simulation M R, University Clinic for Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, Tuebingen University Hospital, Tuebingen University Medical School, Tuebingen, Germany
Simul Healthc 5:219-25. 2010
..Scenario life savers should be anticipated during the design of scenarios and used carefully during their conduction, aiming to maximize the learning for participants...
- Deepening the theoretical foundations of patient simulation as social practice
Center for Patient Safety and Simulation TuPASS, Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, University Hospital, Tuebiuglu, Germany
Simul Healthc 2:183-93. 2007
- [Role playing as an essential element of simulation procedures in medicine]
Dänisches Institut für Medizinische Simulation DIMS, Herlev University Hospital, Herlev, Danemark
Z Evid Fortbild Qual Gesundhwes 102:642-7. 2008
..We describe a plausibility study from skills labs demonstrating that the introduction of role-playing can increase perceived realism. Finally we derive practical suggestions for the conduction of role plays in medical simulation...
- The role of patient simulation and incident reporting in the development and evaluation of medical devices and the training of their users
Danish Institute for Medical Simulation DIMS, Herlev University Hospital, Denmark
Work 33:135-43. 2009
- The art and science of debriefing in simulation: Ideal and practice
Herlev University Hospital, Denmark
Med Teach 31:e287-94. 2009
..crisis resource management (CRM)-oriented). Describing the practice of debriefing based on interactions between instructors and training participants...
- Debriefing olympics-a workshop concept to stimulate the adaptation of debriefings to learning contexts
Danish Institute for Medical Simulation, Herlev Hospital, University of Copenhagen, Herlev, Denmark
Simul Healthc 7:176-82. 2012
- The first Research Consensus Summit of the Society for Simulation in Healthcare: conduction and a synthesis of the results
Danish Institute for Medical Simulation, Capital Region of Denmark, Copenhagen, Denmark
Simul Healthc 6:S1-9. 2011
..The goals of the Summit were to provide guidance for better simulation-related research, to broaden the scope of topics investigated, and to highlight the importance of simulation-related research...
- [Training of health-care employees in crisis resource management]
Dansk Institut for Medicinsk Simulation, Herlev Hospital, Herlev Ringvej 75, 2730 Herlev, Denmark
Ugeskr Laeger 175:880-4. 2013
..CRM training has an effect on skill improvement, but few studies have shown an effect on patient outcome. However, these studies show great variability of quality...
- Simulation and CRM
Danish Institute for Medical Simulation, Herlev Hospital, Copenhagen University, Herlev, Denmark
Best Pract Res Clin Anaesthesiol 25:239-49. 2011
..The training should be established for the real team(s). Furthermore, leaders need to implement training in the organisation and establish databases to monitor the impact on patient outcome...
- Customization of a tool to assess Danish surgeons´ non-technical skills in the operating room
Dansk Institut for Medicinsk Simulation, Herlev Hospital, Herlev, Denmark
Dan Med J 59:A4526. 2012
..Tools for training and assessment of non-technical skills are needed to ensure safe surgery. The aim of this study was to customize the Non-Technical Skills for Surgeons (NOTSS) rating system for Danish general surgeons...
- Safety culture and crisis resource management in airway management: general principles to enhance patient safety in critical airway situations
Centre for Patient Safety and Simulation TuPASS, Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, University Hospital Tuebingen, Germany
Best Pract Res Clin Anaesthesiol 19:539-57. 2005
..This includes the use of key elements of crisis resource management (CRM) and the development of a checklist for safety in airway management...
- Long-term intended and unintended experiences after Advanced Life Support training
Maria Birkvad Rasmussen
Centre for Clinical Education, CEKU, University of Copenhagen, Capital Region of Denmark, Blegdamsvej 9, 2100 Copenhagen, Denmark
Resuscitation 84:373-7. 2013
..The aim of this study was to identify long-term intended and unintended learner reactions, experiences and reflections after attending a simulation based Advanced Life Support (ALS) course...