- Stimulation of accumbens shell cannabinoid CB(1) receptors by noladin ether, a putative endocannabinoid, modulates food intake and dietary selection in rats
Rahul R Deshmukh
Neuropharmacology Division, ISF College of Pharmacy, Moga 142001, Punjab, India
Pharmacol Res 66:276-82. 2012
..Altogether these findings reinforce the idea that the endogenous cannabinoid system in the accumbens shell may be important to augment reward-driven feeding via modulation of CB(1) receptor signalling pathways...
- Amelioration of intracerebroventricular streptozotocin induced cognitive dysfunction and oxidative stress by vinpocetine -- a PDE1 inhibitor
Division of Neuropharmacology, Department of Pharmacology, ISF College of Pharmacy, Punjab, India
Eur J Pharmacol 620:49-56. 2009
..The observed beneficial effects of vinpocetine on spatial memory may be due to its ability to favorably modulate cholinergic functions, prevent neuronal cell damage and possibly through its antioxidant mechanism also...
- Neuroprotective effect of RO-20-1724-a phosphodiesterase4 inhibitor against intracerebroventricular streptozotocin induced cognitive deficit and oxidative stress in rats
Neuropharmacology Div, Department of Pharmacology, ISF College of Pharmacy, Moga 142001, Punjab, India
Pharmacol Biochem Behav 101:239-45. 2012
..The observed beneficial effects of RO-20-1724 in spatial memory may be due to its ability to restore cholinergic functions and possibly through its antioxidant mechanisms...
- SP600125, a competitive inhibitor of JNK attenuates streptozotocin induced neurocognitive deficit and oxidative stress in rats
Neuropharmacology Division, Department of Pharmacology, I S F College of Pharmacy, Moga 142001, Punjab, India
Pharmacol Biochem Behav 96:386-94. 2010
..In line with previous report, the current study also supports the potential of JNK inhibition as a possible therapeutic strategy to ameliorate neurodegenerative disorders associated with oxidative stress and cognitive impairment...
- Ameliorating effect of lyophilized extract of Butea frondosa leaves on scopolamine-induced amnesia in rats
Department of Pharmacognosy and Herbal Drug Technology, ISF College of Pharmacy, Moga, Punjab, India
Pharm Biol 51:233-9. 2013
..amp; Koen. (syn. B. monosperma Lam.) (Fabaceae) leaves have been used in folklore medicine for the treatment of diabetes, conjunctivitis, gastrointestinal tract, and central nervous system disorders such as anxiety, amnesia, etc...
- Excitotoxicity: bridge to various triggers in neurodegenerative disorders
Neuropharmacology Division, ISF College of Pharmacy, Ferozpur Road, Ghal Kalan, Moga 142 001, Punjab, India
Eur J Pharmacol 698:6-18. 2013
..Further, a brief introduction about the recent research occurring in the treatment of various neurodegenerative diseases, including a summary of the presumed physiologic mechanisms behind the pharmacology of these disorders...