Affiliation: University of Copenhagen
- [Medical treatment of COPD]Jørgen Vestbo
Lungemedicinsk Afdeling J, Odense Universitetshospital, Sdr Boulevard 29, 5000 Odense C, Denmark
Ugeskr Laeger 175:1261-4. 2013..Inhaled corticosteroids can be added for reducing exacerbations where also roflumilast has proven efficacy. This review covers recommendations for treating COPD according to the latest recommendations from the Danish Respiratory Society...
- The Study to Understand Mortality and Morbidity in COPD (SUMMIT) study protocolJørgen Vestbo
Dept of Respiratory Medicine J, Odense University Hospital and University of Southern Denmark, Odense, Denmark
Eur Respir J 41:1017-22. 2013..Secondary end-points are decline in forced expiratory volume in 1 s and effect on a composite cardiovascular end-point. This article describes the design of the SUMMIT study...
- The 2011 revision of the global strategy for the diagnosis, management and prevention of COPD (GOLD)--why and what?Jørgen Vestbo
Department of Respiratory Medicine J, Odense University Hospital, Odense, Denmark
Clin Respir J 6:208-14. 2012....
- Changes in forced expiratory volume in 1 second over time in COPDJørgen Vestbo
Respiratory Section, Hvidovre Hospital, Hvidovre, Denmark
N Engl J Med 365:1184-92. 2011....
- [Telehealthcare for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease]Jørgen Vestbo
Lungemedicinsk Sektion, Hvidovre Hospital, Kettegard Alle 30, 2650 Hvidovre, Denmark
Ugeskr Laeger 174:933-6. 2012..No studies comparing complex interventions with and without telehealthcare exist in COPD and more studies are therefore clearly needed before further implementation of this technology...
- Should we view chronic obstructive pulmonary disease differently after ECLIPSE? A clinical perspective from the study teamJørgen Vestbo
1 Department of Respiratory Medicine, Odense University Hospital, and Clinical Institute, University of Southern Denmark, Odense, Denmark
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 189:1022-30. 2014..Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) seems to be a heterogeneous disease with a variable course...
- Validation of the i-BODE Index as a Predictor of hospitalization and Mortality in Patients with COPD Participating in Pulmonary RehabilitationMia Moberg
1Section of Respiratory Medicine, Hvidovre University Hospital, Hvidovre, Denmark
COPD 11:381-7. 2014..The i-BODE index is a significant predictor of hospital admission and thus health care utilization, and also mortality. ..
- Surfactant protein D is a candidate biomarker for subclinical tobacco smoke-induced lung damageSofie L Johansson
Cardiovascular and Renal Research, Institute of Molecular Medicine, Univ of Southern Denmark, Odense, Denmark
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 306:L887-95. 2014..The data and derived conclusion warrant confirmation in a longitudinal population following chronic obstructive pulmonary disease initiation and development. ..
- Bias due to withdrawal in long-term randomised trials in COPD: evidence from the TORCH studyJørgen Vestbo
Department of Cardiology and Respiratory Medicine, Hvidovre Hospital and University of Copenhagen, Hvidovre, Denmark
Clin Respir J 5:44-9. 2011..These usually include drugs with symptomatic benefits and have significant withdrawal rates...
- Prevalence of COPD in CopenhagenPeder Fabricius
Department of Cardiology and Respiratory Medicine, Hvidovre Hospital, Copenhagen, Denmark
Respir Med 105:410-7. 2011....
- Long-term survival for COPD patients receiving noninvasive ventilation for acute respiratory failureIngrid L Titlestad
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Odense University Hospital, University of Southern Denmark, Odense, Denmark
Int J Chron Obstruct Pulmon Dis 8:215-9. 2013..We present long-term all-cause mortality data from patients receiving NIV for the first time...
- Circulating nitric oxide products do not solely reflect nitric oxide release in cirrhosis and portal hypertensionPia Afzelius
Department of Clinical Physiology and Nuclear Medicine, Hvidovre Hospital, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
Liver Int 31:1381-7. 2011..Circulating metabolites (NO(x)) may affect the systemic and pulmonary NO-generation. However, the relations of these abnormalities to the haemodynamic changes remain unclear...
- Prognostic value of C-reactive protein, leukocytes, and vitamin d in severe chronic obstructive pulmonary diseaseMia Moberg
Section of Respiratory Medicine, Hvidovre University Hospital, Kettegaard Alle 30, 2650 Hvidovre, Denmark
ScientificWorldJournal 2014:140736. 2014..Vitamin D was neither associated with mortality nor hospitalisation. Leukocytes and CRP add little information on prognosis and vitamin D does not seem to be a useful biomarker in severe COPD in a clinical setting...
- High aortic augmentation index predicts mortality and cardiovascular events in men from a general population, but not in womenJulie Hjortsø Janner
Hvidovre University Hospital, Hvidovre, Denmark
Eur J Prev Cardiol 20:1005-12. 2013..However, prospective data based on non high-risk populations and women are lacking...
- Management and survival of patients admitted with an exacerbation of COPD: comparison of two Danish patient cohortsNanna Eriksen
Department of Cardiology and Respiratory Medicine, Hvidovre Hospital, Hvidovre, Denmark
Clin Respir J 4:208-14. 2010..The aim of this study was to describe the management and prognosis related to a hospital admission for acute exacerbation of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and to compare results to an earlier study...
- Is chronic obstructive pulmonary disease associated with increased arterial stiffness?Julie H Janner
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Hvidovre Hospital, Kettegaard Alle 30, 2650 Hvidovre, Denmark
Respir Med 106:397-405. 2012....