Affiliation: University of Copenhagen
- [Delirium in the critically ill]Thomas Strøm
anaestesi og intensiv afdeling V, Odense Universitetshospital, DK 5000 Odense, Denmark
Ugeskr Laeger 171:3094-7. 2009..Less sedation, guided by protocols with daily wake up trials, and validated delirium scoring systems, have improved the opportunities to diagnose and monitor delirium in the critically ill patients...
- A protocol of no sedation for critically ill patients receiving mechanical ventilation: a randomised trialThomas Strøm
Department of Anesthesia and Intensive Care Medicine, Odense University Hospital, University of Southern Denmark, Denmark
Lancet 375:475-80. 2010..We aimed to establish whether duration of mechanical ventilation could be reduced with a protocol of no sedation versus daily interruption of sedation...
- Time to wake up the patients in the ICU: a crazy idea or common sense?T Strøm
Department of Anesthesia and Intensive Care Medicine, Odense University Hospital, University of Southern Denmark, Odense C, Denmark
Minerva Anestesiol 77:59-63. 2011..All evidence indicates that the use of sedative drugs should be reduced, patients should be mobilized, and each patient's needs should be evaluated on a daily basis to optimize the care of each individual patient...
- Long-term psychological effects of a no-sedation protocol in critically ill patientsThomas Strøm
Department of Anesthesia and Intensive Care Medicine, Odense University Hospital, Sdr Boulevard 29, 5000 Odense C, University of Southern Denmark, Odense, Denmark
Crit Care 15:R293. 2011..The purpose of the study was to test whether a strategy of no sedation alters long-term psychological outcome compared with a standard strategy with sedation...
- [Fewer indications for sedation in mechanical ventilation therapy]Thomas Strøm
Anæstesiologisk og Intensiv Afdeling, Odense Universitetshospital Sdr Boulevard 29, 5000 Odense C, Denmark
Ugeskr Laeger 174:406-9. 2012....
- Sedation in the ICUThomas Strøm
Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care, Odense University Hospital, Sdr Boulevard 29, 5000 Odense C, Denmark
Dan Med J 59:B4458. 2012..The "no-sedation" method has however never been described in the literature or tested in a prospective randomized trial...
- Sedation and renal impairment in critically ill patients: a post hoc analysis of a randomized trialThomas Strøm
Department of Anesthesia and Intensive Care Medicine, Odense University Hospital, University of Southern Denmark, Sdr Boulevard 29, Odense C, Denmark
Crit Care 15:R119. 2011..We hypothesized that no sedation improves hemodynamic stability, decreases the need for vasoactive drugs, diminishes the need for extra fluids and lowers the risk of acute kidney injury...
- Enoxaparin, effective dosage for intensive care patients: double-blinded, randomised clinical trialSian Robinson
Department of Anaesthesia and Intensive Care, Odense University Hospital OUH, SDR, Odense C, Denmark
Crit Care 14:R41. 2010..This study aims to determine the subcutaneous (SC) dose of enoxaparin that would give the best anti-factor Xa levels in ICU patients...