Henrik Winther Schytz
Affiliation: University of Copenhagen
- PACAP38 induces migraine-like attacks in patients with migraine without auraHenrik Winther Schytz
Department of Neurology, Faculty of Health Sciences, Danish Headache Center, Glostrup Hospital, University of Copenhagen, Glostrup, Copenhagen, Denmark
Brain 132:16-25. 2009..In migraine sufferers, PACAP38 caused delayed migraine-like attacks. The findings stimulate further investigation of the neuronal and vascular mechanisms of PACAP38...
- The cholinomimetic agent carbachol induces headache in healthy subjectsH W Schytz
Danish Headache Centre, Glostrup Hospital, University of Copenhagen, Glostrup, Denmark
Cephalalgia 29:258-68. 2009..003) and an increase in STA diameter (P = 0.006), but no increase in the RA diameter (P = 0.200). In conclusion, the study demonstrated that carbachol caused headache and dilation of cephalic arteries in healthy subjects...
- Changes in cerebral blood flow after acetazolamide: an experimental study comparing near-infrared spectroscopy and SPECTH W Schytz
Danish Headache Center and Department of Neurology Glostrup Hospital, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Copenhagen, Glostrup, Denmark
Eur J Neurol 16:461-7. 2009..To validate if the BFI method can detect relative changes in CBF we compared data with the established method (133)Xenon single photon emission computer tomography ((133)Xe-SPECT)...
- Carbachol induces headache, but not migraine-like attacks, in patients with migraine without auraH W Schytz
Department of Neurology, Glostrup Hospital, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Copenhagen, Danish Headache Center, Glostrup, Denmark
Cephalalgia 30:337-45. 2010..687). Carbachol caused a decrease in V(MCA) (P = 0.044), but no change in STA (P = 0.089) compared with placebo. The study demonstrated that carbachol provocation is not a good model for experimental migraine...
- Headache and prolonged dilatation of the middle meningeal artery by PACAP38 in healthy volunteersFaisal Mohammad Amin
University of Copenhagen, Denmark
Cephalalgia 32:140-9. 2012....
- Cutaneous nociception and neurogenic inflammation evoked by PACAP38 and VIPHenrik Winther Schytz
Department of Neurology, Faculty of Health Sciences, Danish Headache Center, Glostrup Hospital, University of Copenhagen, Glostrup 2600, Copenhagen, Denmark
J Headache Pain 11:309-16. 2010..This suggests that acute pain and vasomotor responses following intradermal injections of PACAP38 and VIP are primarily mediated by VPAC receptors...
- Investigation of carbachol and PACAP38 in a human model of migraineHenrik Winther Schytz
Danish Headache Center, Department of Neurology, Glostrup Hospital, Denmark
Dan Med Bull 57:B4223. 2010..The present thesis contributes to our knowledge on migraine pathophysiology and suggests PAC1 receptor antagonism as a new target for migraine treatment...