Andreas Munk Petersen
Affiliation: University of Copenhagen
- Microbial diversity in fecal samples depends on DNA extraction method: easyMag DNA extraction compared to QIAamp DNA stool mini kit extractionHengameh Mirsepasi
Department of Microbiology and Infection Control, Statens Serum Institut, Copenhagen DK 2300 S, Denmark
BMC Res Notes 7:50. 2014..The purpose of the study was to evaluate two different DNA extraction methods in order to choose the most efficient method for studying intestinal bacterial diversity using Denaturing Gradient Gel Electrophoresis (DGGE)...
- Seroreactivity to E. coli outer membrane protein C antibodies in active inflammatory bowel disease; diagnostic value and correlation with phylogroup B2 E. coli infectionAndreas Munk Petersen
Department of Microbiological Surveillance and Research, Statens Serum Institut, Unit of Gastrointestinal and Serological Research, Copenhagen, Denmark
Scand J Gastroenterol 47:155-61. 2012..Our aim was to investigate possible differences in Omp C level in patients with active and inactive IBD compared to controls...
- Comparative genomics of Escherichia coli isolated from patients with inflammatory bowel diseaseRebecca Munk Vejborg
Microbial Genomics and Antibiotic Resistance Group, DTU Food, Technical University of Denmark, DK 2800 Lyngby, Denmark
BMC Genomics 12:316. 2011..coli genomes from a wide range of commensal and pathogenic isolates...
- [Clostridium difficile-associated diarrhoea--a changing disease?]Andreas Munk Petersen
Amtssygehuset i Gentofte, Medicinsk afdeling F, Hellerup
Ugeskr Laeger 168:1629-30. 2006..But changes in the virulence of C. difficile strains also seem to play a role. This review presents the current knowledge of C. difficile-associated diarrhoea in the light of these changes in incidence and virulence...
- A phylogenetic group of Escherichia coli associated with active left-sided inflammatory bowel diseaseAndreas M Petersen
Department of Gastroenterology, Hvidovre University Hospital, DK 2650 Hvidovre, Denmark
BMC Microbiol 9:171. 2009..coli (ExPEC) genes and multilocus sequence type (MLST) between E. coli strains isolated from IBD patients with past or present involvement of the left side of the colon and from controls...
- Treatment of inflammatory bowel disease associated E. coli with ciprofloxacin and E. coli Nissle in the streptomycin-treated mouse intestineAndreas Munk Petersen
Unit of Gastrointestinal and Serological Research, Department of Microbiological Surveillance and Research, Statens Serum Institute, Copenhagen, Denmark
PLoS ONE 6:e22823. 2011..The objective of this study was to test if ciprofloxacin and/or E. coli Nissle could eradicate IBD associated E. coli in the streptomycin-treated mouse intestine...
- Virulence factors for hemolytic uremic syndrome, DenmarkSteen Ethelberg
Danish National Institute of Infectious Diseases, Statens Serum Institut, Copenhagen, Denmark
Emerg Infect Dis 10:842-7. 2004..0), was not associated in the multivariate analysis (OR 1.1). This finding indicates that, rather than the O group, the combined presence of the eae and stx2 genes is an important predictor of HUS...
- Epidemiology and clinical manifestations of enteroaggregative Escherichia coliBetina Hebbelstrup Jensen
Department of Microbiology and Infection Control, Statens Serum Institut, Copenhagen, Denmark
Clin Microbiol Rev 27:614-30. 2014..However, the heterogeneity of EAEC continues to complicate diagnostics and also our understanding of pathogenicity...