Tania Nicole Masmas
Affiliation: University of Copenhagen
- Survival among motherless children in rural and urban areas in Guinea-BissauT N Masmas
Projecto de, Saúde de Bandim, Bissau, Guinea Bissau, Denmark
Acta Paediatr 93:99-105. 2004..However, few studies describe the survival patterns of these children. The aim of this study was to investigate the mortality of motherless children in urban and rural areas of Guinea-Bissau...
- The social situation of motherless children in rural and urban areas of Guinea-BissauTania Nicole Masmas
Projecto de Saude de Bandim, Bissau, Guinea Bissau
Soc Sci Med 59:1231-9. 2004..The traditional extended family system appears to be capable of handling motherless children in a non-discriminatory fashion. However, the AIDS epidemic will continue to stress the extended family system and social services to the limit...
- Evaluation and automation of hematopoietic chimerism analysis based on real-time quantitative polymerase chain reactionTania N Masmas
Lymphocyte Research Laboratory, Department of Hematology, Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen, Denmark
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 11:558-66. 2005..Furthermore, automated setup was feasible in a time-, labor-, and reagent-conserving manner...
- Inherited hemoglobin disorders in Guinea-Bissau, West Africa: a population studyTania N Masmas
Department of Hematology, Center for Hemoglobinopathies, Herlev University Hospital, Herlev, Denmark
Hemoglobin 30:355-64. 2006..5% were heterozygous for the -alpha4.2 deletion. We recommend national screening programs to focus primarily on sickle cell disease, since beta-thal is rare, and the observed alpha-thal deletions are of minor genetic importance...
- Graft rejection after hematopoietic cell transplantation with nonmyeloablative conditioningTania N Masmas
Allogeneic Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation Laboratory, Department of Hematology, Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen, Denmark
Am J Hematol 83:563-9. 2008..Retransplantation is feasible and well tolerated after HCT with nonmyeloablative conditioning and should be performed without delay in patients with imminent and manifest graft rejection...
- [Health status and degree of traumatisation among newly arrived asylum seeker--secondary publication]Tania Nicole Masmas
Amnesty International, Danske Laegegruppe, København, Denmark
Ugeskr Laeger 172:120-4. 2010..Identification of torture survivors is important in order to initiate the necessary medical treatment...
- Allogeneic haematopoietic cell transplantation with nonmyeloablative conditioning in DenmarkTania Nicole Masmas
Haematologisk Klinik, Rigshospitalet, 2100 København Ø, Denmark
Dan Med Bull 57:A4146. 2010..Haematopoietic cell transplantation with nonmyeloablative conditioning (NMC-HCT) is used in the treatment of haematological malignancies...
- Asylum seekers in Denmark--a study of health status and grade of traumatization of newly arrived asylum seekersTania Nicole Masmas
Medical Group, Amnesty International, Copenhagen, Denmark
Torture 18:77-86. 2008..The health of traumatised asylum seekers, both physically and mentally, is affected upon arrival to Denmark, and time in asylum centres leads to further deterioration in health...
- Chimerism studies in HLA-identical nonmyeloablative hematopoietic stem cell transplantation point to the donor CD8(+) T-cell count on day + 14 as a predictor of acute graft-versus-host diseaseSøren L Petersen
Department of Hematology, Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen, Denmark
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 10:337-46. 2004..A donor CD8(+) T-cell count above the median on day +14 increased the risk of subsequent development of aGVHD grades II to IV (P =.003)...