Affiliation: University of Copenhagen
- Neonatal vitamin A supplementation associated with a cluster of deaths and poor early growth in a randomised trial among low-birth-weight boys of vitamin A versus oral polio vaccine at birthNajaaraq Lund
Research Center for Vitamins and Vaccines CVIVA, Bandim Health Project, Statens Serum Institut, Copenhagen, Denmark
BMC Pediatr 14:214. 2014..Observational data suggested that OPV0 was harmful for boys, and trials have shown that neonatal vitamin A supplementation (NVAS) at birth may be beneficial for boys. We set out to test this research question in a randomised trial...
- No effect of oral polio vaccine administered at birth on mortality and immune response to BCG. A natural experimentNajaaraq Lund
Research Center for Vitamins and Vaccines CVIVA, Bandim Health Project, Statens Serum Institut, Artillerivej 5, 2300 Copenhagen S, Denmark
Vaccine 30:6694-9. 2012..In 2007, whilst conducting a trial of BCG and vitamin A supplementation (VAS) at birth to low birthweight (LBW) children, OPV was again lacking for a short period. We used this natural experiment to test the previous observations...
- A prospective study of twinning and perinatal mortality in urban Guinea-BissauMorten Bjerregaard-Andersen
Bandim Health Project, INDEPTH Network, Apartado 861, 1004, Bissau Codex, Guinea Bissau
BMC Pregnancy Childbirth 12:140. 2012..Despite twinning being common in Africa, few prospective twin studies have been conducted. We studied twinning rate, perinatal mortality and the clinical characteristics of newborn twins in urban Guinea-Bissau...
- Does oral polio vaccine at birth affect the size of the thymus? Observations within a randomized trialHelle Brander Eriksen
Research Center for Vitamins and Vaccines CVIVA, Statens Serum Institut, Artillerivej 5, 2300 København S, Denmark Department of Clinical Microbiology, Copenhagen University Hospital, Hvidovre, Kettegårds Alle 30, 2650 Hvidovre, Denmark Electronic address
Vaccine 32:3293-9. 2014..We therefore initiated a randomized trial to test the overall effect of OPV at birth (OPV0)...
- Early diphtheria-tetanus-pertussis vaccination associated with higher female mortality and no difference in male mortality in a cohort of low birthweight children: an observational study within a randomised trialPeter Aaby
Bandim Health Project, Statens Serum Institut, Artillerivej 5, 2300 Copenhagen S, Denmark
Arch Dis Child 97:685-91. 2012..The authors examined the effect of DTP in a cohort of low birthweight (LBW) infants...