Hans C Lou
Affiliation: University of Copenhagen
- Reflective self-awareness and conscious states: PET evidence for a common midline parietofrontal coreTroels W Kjaer
John F. Kennedy Institute, DK-2600 Glostrup, Denmark
Neuroimage 17:1080-6. 2002....
- ADHD: increased dopamine receptor availability linked to attention deficit and low neonatal cerebral blood flowHans C Lou
Centre of Functionally Integrative Neuroscience and PET Centre, Aarhus University Hospital, Aarhus, Denmark
Dev Med Child Neurol 46:179-83. 2004..High dopamine receptor availability was predicted by low neonatal CBF, supporting the hypothesis of cerebral ischaemia as a contributing factor in infants susceptible to ADHD...
- Parietal cortex and representation of the mental SelfHans C Lou
Magnetic Brain Stimulation Laboratory, Department of Biological Psychiatry, New York State Psychiatric Institute, New York, NY 10032, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:6827-32. 2004..This network is strikingly similar to the network of the resting conscious state, suggesting that self-monitoring is a core function in resting consciousness...
- Recurrent activity in higher order, modality non-specific brain regions: a Granger causality analysis of autobiographic memory retrievalHans C Lou
Center of Functionally Integrative Neuroscience, Aarhus University, Aarhus, Denmark
PLoS ONE 6:e22286. 2011..Our results confirm the hypothesis that stimulation may enhance causal interaction between higher order, modality non-specific brain regions, exemplified in a network of autobiographical memory retrieval...
- Self-specific processing in the default network: a single-pulse TMS studyHans C Lou
Division of Brain Stimulation and Therapeutic Modulation, New York State Psychiatric Institute, New York, NY, USA
Exp Brain Res 207:27-38. 2010..Together with our previous work, these results provide evidence for a self-specific processing system in which midline and lateral inferior parietal cortices, as elements of the default network, play a role in ongoing self-awareness...
- Coherence in consciousness: paralimbic gamma synchrony of self-reference links conscious experiencesHans C Lou
CFIN, Aarhus University Hospital, DK 8000 Aarhus, Denmark
Hum Brain Mapp 31:185-92. 2010..The observed coupling between the neural events in conscious experience may explain the sense of unity of consciousness and the severe symptoms associated with paralimbic dysfunction...
- The mental selfHans C Lou
Department of Functionally Integrative Neuroscience, Aarhus University Hospital, Aarhus C, DK 8000, Denmark
Prog Brain Res 150:197-204. 2005..We found a decreased efficiency of retrieval of self-judgment compared to the judgment of best friend. This shows that the integrity of the function of precuneus is essential for self-reference, but not for reference to others...
- Methylphenidate-evoked changes in striatal dopamine correlate with inattention and impulsivity in adolescents with attention deficit hyperactivity disorderPedro Rosa-Neto
Center for Functionally Integrative Neuroscience, Aarhus University and PET Center, Aarhus University Hospitals, , Building 10, Aarhus C 8000, Denmark
Neuroimage 25:868-76. 2005..04). In conclusion, the results link inattention and impulsivity with sensitivity of brain DA receptor availability to an MP challenge, corroborating the hypothesis that MP serves to potentiate decreased DA neurotransmission in ADHD...
- Cortical deactivation induced by visual stimulation in human slow-wave sleepAlfred Peter Born
Danish Research Centre for Magnetic Resonance, Hvidovre Hospital, Glostrup, Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen, Denmark
Neuroimage 17:1325-35. 2002..Possible mechanisms for the paradoxical response pattern during sleep include an active inhibition of the visual cortex or a disruption of an energy-consuming process...
- Increased dopamine tone during meditation-induced change of consciousnessTroels W Kjaer
John F Kennedy Institute, Gl Landevej 7, 2600, Glostrup, Denmark
Brain Res Cogn Brain Res 13:255-9. 2002..To our knowledge this is the first time in vivo evidence has been provided for regulation of conscious states at a synaptic level...