Affiliation: University of Copenhagen
- Hormonal contraception and venous thromboembolismØjvind Lidegaard
Gynaecological Clinic 4232, Rigshospitalet, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 91:769-78. 2012..New studies about the influence of hormonal contraception on the risk of venous thromboembolism (VTE) have been published...
- Oral contraceptives and venous thromboembolism. A case-control studyO Lidegaard
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Herlev Hospital, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
Contraception 57:291-301. 1998..No difference in risk was found according to estrogen dose, and the difference in risk between different types of progestins was not statistically significant after adjustment for duration of use...
- Imprinting disorders after assisted reproductive technologiesØjvind Lidegaard
Gynaecologic Clinic Juliane, Marie Centre, Copenhagen, Denmark
Curr Opin Obstet Gynecol 18:293-6. 2006..To assess the evidence of an increased risk of imprinting diseases in children born after use of assisted reproductive technologies...
- Imprinting diseases and IVF: Danish National IVF cohort studyOjvind Lidegaard
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Herlev University Hospital, DK 2730 Herlev, DK 2100 Copenhagen Ø, Denmark
Hum Reprod 20:950-4. 2005..The aim of this study was to compare the frequency of imprinting diseases in children born after IVF with the incidence in naturally conceived children...
- [Clinical quality databases 2003. Handling of cases and evaluation of the year's applications]Øjvind Lidegaard
Afdelingen for Sundhedsinformatik, Amtssygehuset i Herlev, gynaekologisk obstetrisk afdeling
Ugeskr Laeger 165:3737-40. 2003
- Sexual habits before multiple sclerosis: a national case-control studyØjvind Lidegaard
Gynaecological Clinic 4232, Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen Ø, Denmark
Mult Scler 14:67-72. 2008..The disease is typically diagnosed in reproductive age and recent findings have suggested that MS could be a sexually transmitted disease...
- [The National Patient Registry as a tool for continuous production and quality control]Øjvind Lidegaard
gynaekologisk obstetrisk afdeling, Amtssygehuset i Herlev, DK 2730 Herlev
Ugeskr Laeger 164:4420-3. 2002..It is an important source of administrative data and for epidemiological research. This paper summarises the results of an evaluation of the register as a tool for assessing quality in gynaecological departments in Denmark...
- Contraceptives and cerebral thrombosis: a five-year national case-control studyØjvind Lidegaard
Herlev University Hospital, Herlev, Denmark
Contraception 65:197-205. 2002..The risk increased 2.5 times with estrogen dose increasing from 20 to 50 microg EE, and users of low-dose OCs with second-generation progestins had a 61% higher risk-association of CTA than users of OCs with third-generation progestins...
- Oral contraceptives and venous thromboembolism: a five-year national case-control studyØjvind Lidegaard
Herlev University Hospital, Herlev, Denmark
Contraception 65:187-96. 2002..The risk increased more than 100% with increasing estrogen dose, and the difference in risk between users of third- and second-generation OCs, after correction for length of use and estrogen dose, was 33%...
- [The first 100 early medical abortions]O Lidegaard
gynaekologisk obstetrisk afdeling G114, Amtssygehuset i Herlev
Ugeskr Laeger 161:3278-81. 1999..The reason for not preferring a medical abortion among the remaining 20% was primarily pain. Early medical abortion should be offered to all women referred for induced abortion with a gestational age of eight weeks or less...
- [Early medical abortion. An update]O Lidegaard
Gynaekologisk obstetrisk Afdeling G, Amtssygehuset i Herlev
Ugeskr Laeger 161:3275-7. 1999..It is concluded that medical abortion is a good alternative to surgical abortion, and that women who wish an abortion have to be referred to hospital as early as possible in order not to pass the time limit of medical abortion...
- Management of missed abortion: comparison of medical treatment with either mifepristone + misoprostol or misoprostol alone with surgical evacuation. A multi-center trial in Copenhagen county, DenmarkAnnelise Grønlund
Departments of Obstetrics and Gynecology at Gentofte University Hospital, Herlev University Hospital, and Glostrup University Hospital, Denmark
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 81:1060-5. 2002..4 mg vaginally (Mf + Ms) or misoprostol 0.4 mg vaginally (Ms) with conventional surgical evacuation (SE) in women with missed abortion...
- A Danish national cohort study on neonatal outcome in singleton pregnancies with placenta previaLone N Nørgaard
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Hillerød University Hospital, Hillerød Fertility Clinic 4071, Rigshospitalet University Hospital, Copenhagen, Denmark
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 91:546-51. 2012..To describe the incidence of placenta previa and to assess neonatal morbidity and mortality in pregnancies with placenta previa after adjustment for previous cesarean section, smoking, multiparity, maternal age and in vitro fertilization...
- Thrombotic stroke and myocardial infarction with hormonal contraceptionØjvind Lidegaard
Gynecologic Clinic 4232, Rigshospitalet, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
N Engl J Med 366:2257-66. 2012..Although several studies have assessed the risk of venous thromboembolism with newer hormonal contraception, few have examined thrombotic stroke and myocardial infarction, and results have been conflicting...
- Hormone therapy and ovarian borderline tumors: a national cohort studyLina Steinrud Mørch
Gynaecological Clinic, Copenhagen University Hospital, Copenhagen University, Section 3341, Blegdamsvej 9, 2100, Copenhagen, Denmark
Cancer Causes Control 23:113-20. 2012..Little is known about the influence of postmenopausal hormone therapy on the risk of ovarian borderline tumors. We aimed at assessing the influence of different hormone therapies on this risk...
- Risk of venous thromboembolism from use of oral contraceptives containing different progestogens and oestrogen doses: Danish cohort study, 2001-9Øjvind Lidegaard
Gynaecological Clinic 4232, Rigshospitalet, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
BMJ 343:d6423. 2011..To assess the risk of venous thromboembolism from use of combined oral contraceptives according to progestogen type and oestrogen dose...
- Perinatal outcome of singleton siblings born after assisted reproductive technology and spontaneous conception: Danish national sibling-cohort studyAnna Karina Aaris Henningsen
Fertility Clinic, Rigshospitalet, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
Fertil Steril 95:959-63. 2011..To compare the perinatal outcome of singleton siblings conceived differently...
- Absolute and attributable risk of venous thromboembolism in women on combined cyproterone acetate and ethinylestradiolØjvind Lidegaard
Danish Centre for Human Reproductive Epidemiology DaHRE, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Herlev University Hospital, Copenhagen County, Denmark
J Obstet Gynaecol Can 25:575-7. 2003..To achieve absolute risk estimates of venous thromboembolism (VTE) among women on cyproterone acetate plus ethinylestradiol (CPA/EE), and among women on combined oral contraceptives (COCs)...
- Spontaneous abortion: expectant management, medical treatment or surgical evacuationLars Grønlund
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Herlev University Hospital, Denmark
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 81:781-2. 2002
- Hormone therapy and risk of myocardial infarction: a national register studyEllen Løkkegaard
Gynaecological Clinic, Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen Ø, Denmark
Eur Heart J 29:2660-8. 2008..To assess the risk of myocardial infarction (MI) as a result of hormone therapy (HT), with focus on the influence of age, duration of HT, various regimens and routes, progestagen type, and oestrogen dose...
- Consequences of vanishing twins in IVF/ICSI pregnanciesAnja Pinborg
The Fertility Clinic, The Juliane Marie Center, Copenhagen University Hospital, Rigshospitalet, Denmark
Hum Reprod 20:2821-9. 2005..The aim of this study was to assess incidence rates of spontaneous reductions in IVF/ICSI twin pregnancies and to compare short- and long-term morbidity in survivors of a vanishing co-twin with singletons and born twins...
- Hormone therapy and ovarian cancerLina Steinrud Mørch
Gynaecological Clinic, Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen University, 2100 Copenhagen, Denmark
JAMA 302:298-305. 2009..Studies have suggested an increased risk of ovarian cancer among women taking postmenopausal hormone therapy. Data are sparse on the differential effects of formulations, regimens, and routes of administration...
- First-trimester vaginal bleeding and complications later in pregnancyJacob Alexander Lykke
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Roskilde Hospital, Roskilde, Denmark
Obstet Gynecol 115:935-44. 2010..To evaluate the association of first-trimester bleeding without miscarriage and complications later in the first pregnancy as well as in the next pregnancy...
- [Registration of primary ovarian cancer in Denmark]Anette Lykke Petri
Gynaekologisk Klinik 4232, Rigshospitalet, DK 2100 København Ø
Ugeskr Laeger 171:408-11. 2009..All four registers are obligatory, but none are 100% complete. In the future a faithful electronic registration by an electronic patient record will probably complete the variable profit ratio and data completeness...
- The vanishing twin: a major determinant of infant outcome in IVF singleton birthsAnja Pinborg
Juliane Marie Centre, University of Copenhagen, Rigshopitalet, Blegdamsvej 9, 2100 Copenhagen, Denmark
Br J Hosp Med (Lond) 67:417-20. 2006..This article attempts to assess the frequency of vanishing twins in assisted reproductive and spontaneously conceived pregnancies, including in-vitro fertilization (IVF), and its impact on the live-born surviving twin...
- Venous thromboembolism in pregnant and puerperal women in Denmark 1995-2005. A national cohort studyRie Adser Virkus
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Hillerød Hospital, Dyrehavevej 29, 3400 Hillerød, Denmark
Thromb Haemost 106:304-9. 2011..8 (95% CI:2.5 to 5.8) 5-6 weeks after delivery. In conclusion, the risk of VTE increases almost exponentially through pregnancy and reaches maximum just after delivery and is no longer significantly increased six weeks after delivery...
- Invasive prenatal diagnostic practice in Denmark 1996 to 2006Christina H F Vestergaard
Gynecological Clinic 4232, Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen University, Copenhagen DK 2100, Denmark
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 88:362-5. 2009..We thus achieved to more than double the offer of prenatal screening and at the same time reduce the number of invasive procedures by 55%...
- Establishment of a national Danish hysterectomy database: preliminary report on the first 13,425 hysterectomiesCharlotte T Hansen
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Hvidovre Hospital, University of Copenhagen, Hvidovre, Denmark
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 87:546-57. 2008..To describe the concept and early results from the Danish Hysterectomy Database (DHD)...
- Oral contraception in Denmark 1998-2010Nadia M Wilson
Gynecological Clinic, Rigshospitalet University Hospital, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 91:810-5. 2012..Oral contraceptives (OC) are the most popular contraception in Denmark. Overall figures on use are well described, but more detailed use patterns according to type and age need to be updated...
- Prognosis for live birth in women with recurrent miscarriage: what is the best measure of success?Marie Lund
The Fertility Clinic, Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen University Hospital, Blegdamsvej 9, 2100 Copenhagen, Denmark
Obstet Gynecol 119:37-43. 2012..To establish a method of estimating the proportion of women with a subsequent live birth after a well-defined time period in an open cohort of women referred to a tertiary recurrent miscarriage clinic...
- Hormonal contraception and risk of venous thromboembolism: national follow-up studyØjvind Lidegaard
Gynaecological Clinic, Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen University, DK 2100 Copenhagen, Denmark
BMJ 339:b2890. 2009..To assess the risk of venous thrombosis in current users of different types of hormonal contraception, focusing on regimen, oestrogen dose, type of progestogen, and route of administration...
- Hormone replacement therapy in Denmark, 1995-2004Ellen Løkkegaard
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen, Denmark
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 86:1342-51. 2007....