J F Larsen
Affiliation: University of Copenhagen
- Systemic response in patients undergoing laparoscopic cholecystectomy using gasless or carbon dioxide pneumoperitoneum: a randomized studyJens Fromholt Larsen
Department of Surgical Gastroenterology, Aalborg Hospital, PO Box 365, 9100 Aalborg, Denmark
J Gastrointest Surg 6:582-6. 2002..05). Carbon dioxide and the positive intra-abdominal pressure during conventional laparoscopy may contribute to the activation of the surgical stress response...
- [Laparoscopic adjustable gastric banding for the treatment of morbid obesity. Six years' experiences]Jens Fromholt Larsen
Arhus Universitetssygehus, Aalborg Sygehus, kirurgisk gastroenterologisk afdeling A
Ugeskr Laeger 167:1946-9. 2005
- [Surgical treatment of extreme obesity. Presentation of a Cochrane analysis]Jens Fromholt Larsen
Aalborg Sygehus, Kirurgisk gastroenterologisk afdeling
Ugeskr Laeger 166:2547-50. 2004
- Randomized clinical trial of the effect of pneumoperitoneum on cardiac function and haemodynamics during laparoscopic cholecystectomyJ F Larsen
Department of Surgical Gastroenterology, University Hospital of Aalborg, Aalborg, Denmark
Br J Surg 91:848-54. 2004..The aim of this study was to evaluate the effect of carbon dioxide pneumoperitoneum and positional changes on haemodynamics and cardiac function in patients assigned randomly to CLC or gasless laparoscopic cholecystectomy (GLC)...
- Randomized study of coagulation and fibrinolysis during and after gasless and conventional laparoscopic cholecystectomyJ F Larsen
Department of Surgical Gastroenterology, Aalborg Hospital, Aalborg, Denmark
Br J Surg 88:1001-5. 2001..The aim of this study was to test the hypothesis that gasless laparoscopy produces smaller changes in the coagulation and fibrinolytic system than carbon dioxide pneumoperitoneum in patients undergoing laparoscopic cholecystectomy...
- [Obesity surgery]Jens Fromholt Larsen
Nordlandssykehuset Bod, Kirurgisk afdeling, Gastroenterologisk Sektion, Norge
Ugeskr Laeger 166:790-2. 2004
- [Gasless versus conventional laparoscopic cholecystectomy. A randomized trial with regard to technical problems, postoperative course and convalescence]Jens Fromholt Larsen
Aalborg Sygehus Syd, kirurgisk gastroenterologisk afdeling A, anaestesiologisk afdeling sektion AIOS og kardiologisk afdeling
Ugeskr Laeger 164:2398-402. 2002..The aim of the present study was to compare the gasless CLC and GLC with regard to exposure, technical problems, operation time, postoperative pain, clinical course, and convalescence...
- Randomized comparison of conventional and gasless laparoscopic cholecystectomy: operative technique, postoperative course, and recoveryJ F Larsen
Department of Surgical Gastroenterology, Aalborg Hospital, Denmark
J Gastrointest Surg 5:330-5. 2001..Exposure of the operative field was less than optimal using the gasless technique...
- Coagulation and fibrinolysis during laparoscopic cholecystectomyH B Rahr
Department of Gastrointestinal Surgery, Aalborg Hospital, Denmark
Thromb Res 93:121-7. 1999..Differences between pre- and postoperative PAI and tPA levels were not significant apart from a transient increase in tPA antigen levels. tPA activity was significantly increased during operation...
- Messenger RNA for membrane-type 2 matrix metalloproteinase, MT2-MMP, is expressed in human placenta of first trimesterS F Bjørn
The Finsen Laboratory, Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen, DK 2100, Denmark
Placenta 21:170-6. 2000..The data suggest that MT2-MMP, capable of activating MMP-2 in vitro, is involved in the invasion of extravillous cytotrophoblast, possibly related to the physiological activation of MMP-2...
- [The first 100 early medical abortions]O Lidegaard
gynaekologisk obstetrisk afdeling G114, Amtssygehuset i Herlev
Ugeskr Laeger 161:3278-81. 1999..The reason for not preferring a medical abortion among the remaining 20% was primarily pain. Early medical abortion should be offered to all women referred for induced abortion with a gestational age of eight weeks or less...
- [Early medical abortion. An update]O Lidegaard
Gynaekologisk obstetrisk Afdeling G, Amtssygehuset i Herlev
Ugeskr Laeger 161:3275-7. 1999..It is concluded that medical abortion is a good alternative to surgical abortion, and that women who wish an abortion have to be referred to hospital as early as possible in order not to pass the time limit of medical abortion...
- Weight loss after gastric banding is associated with pouch pressure and not pouch emptying rateJan Bech Pedersen
Mech Sense, Aalborg Hospital Science and Innovation Center, DK 9100, Aalborg, Denmark
Obes Surg 19:850-5. 2009..Morbid obesity defined as BMI > 40 is a growing problem. It is primarily treated with diet, lifestyle changes, and medicine. However, at present, surgery remains the only effective option for the management...
- [Laparoscopic surgery of Spiegelian hernia]Lasse Strand
, Kirurgisk afdeling
Ugeskr Laeger 164:1223-4. 2002..Laparoscopic approach for the diagnosis and treatment of rare hernias in the abdominal wall is advocated, because of the diagnostic potential and reduced postoperative discomfort...
- Comparison of gene expression in intra-abdominal and subcutaneous fat: a study of men with morbid obesity and nonobese men using microarray and proteomicsFinn Edler von Eyben
Center of Tobacco Control Research, Birkevej 17, 5230 Odense M, Denmark
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1030:508-36. 2004..The study will elucidate further whether intra-abdominal obesity is the common denominator for the different components of the metabolic syndrome...