Affiliation: University of Copenhagen
- Effect of milk proteins on linear growth and IGF variables in overweight adolescentsAnni Larnkjær
the Department of Nutrition, Exercise and Sports, University of Copenhagen, Rolighedsvej 30, 1958 Frederiksberg, Denmark Electronic address
Growth Horm IGF Res 24:54-9. 2014..This study investigates the effect of milk proteins on linear growth, IGF-I, IGF binding protein-3 (IGFBP-3) and IGF-I/IGFBP-3 ratio in overweight adolescents...
- Early programming of the IGF-I axis: negative association between IGF-I in infancy and late adolescence in a 17-year longitudinal follow-up study of healthy subjectsAnni Larnkjaer
Department of Human Nutrition, Faculty of Life Sciences, University of Copenhagen, Frederiksberg C, Denmark
Growth Horm IGF Res 19:82-6. 2009..Therefore, it has been suggested that the IGF-I axis may be programmed by diet during infancy. The association between IGF-I in infancy and later life is not known...
- Weight loss and the effect on stature in children during a residential intervention programAnni Larnkjaer
Department of Human Nutrition, Centre for Advanced Food Studies, Faculty of Life Sciences, University of Copenhagen, Frederiksberg C, Denmark
Obesity (Silver Spring) 16:2652-7. 2008..38 cm corresponding to 11.4 cm/year. In conclusion the children lost close to 1 kg/week during the stay without any negative effect on linear growth. The cause of the linear growth acceleration needs further investigation...
- The effects of whole milk and infant formula on growth and IGF-I in late infancyA Larnkjaer
Department of Human Nutrition, Centre for Advanced Food Studies, Faculty of Life Sciences, University of Copenhagen, Frederiksberg, Denmark
Eur J Clin Nutr 63:956-63. 2009..The short-term effects of high protein intake in late infancy are not known. The objective was to investigate the effects of high protein intake in the form of whole milk (WM) on growth and IGF-I from 9 to 12 months of age...
- Effect of growth in infancy on body composition, insulin resistance, and concentration of appetite hormones in adolescenceAnni Larnkjaer
Department of Human Nutrition, Centre for Advanced Food Studies, Frederiksberg C, Denmark
Am J Clin Nutr 91:1675-83. 2010..Appetite regulatory hormones may be programmed in early life, but data to support this are lacking...
- Thin newborns are more insulin resistant at 10 years of ageA Larnkjær
Department of Human Nutrition, Faculty of Life Sciences, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
Acta Paediatr 100:511-4. 2011..To investigate the relation between ponderal index or birth weight and insulin resistance in late childhood...
- Amount and quality of dietary proteins during the first two years of life in relation to NCD risk in adulthoodK F Michaelsen
Department of Human Nutrition, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
Nutr Metab Cardiovasc Dis 22:781-6. 2012..In low-income countries, emphasis should be on providing sufficient amounts of high-quality protein to improve survival, growth and development...