Affiliation: University of Copenhagen
- Flaxseed dietary fibers suppress postprandial lipemia and appetite sensation in young menM Kristensen
Department of Human Nutrition, University of Copenhagen, Rolighedsvej 30, DK 1958 Frederiksberg C, Denmark Electronic address
Nutr Metab Cardiovasc Dis 23:136-43. 2013..The aim was to examine whether flaxseed DF-enriched meals suppress postprandial lipemia and reduce appetite...
- Whole grain compared with refined wheat decreases the percentage of body fat following a 12-week, energy-restricted dietary intervention in postmenopausal womenMette Kristensen
Department of Human Nutrition, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
J Nutr 142:710-6. 2012..Serum total and LDL cholesterol, two important risk factors of cardiovascular disease, increased with RW but not WW consumption, which may suggest a cardioprotective role for whole grain...
- Flaxseed dietary fibers lower cholesterol and increase fecal fat excretion, but magnitude of effect depend on food typeMette Kristensen
Department of Human Nutrition, Faculty of Life Sciences, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
Nutr Metab (Lond) 9:8. 2012..abstract:..
- A diet rich in oat bran improves blood lipids and hemostatic factors, and reduces apparent energy digestibility in young healthy volunteersM Kristensen
Department of Human Nutrition, Faculty of Life Sciences, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
Eur J Clin Nutr 65:1053-8. 2011..Oat bran shows cholesterol-lowering properties, but its effects on other cardiovascular risk markers are less frequently investigated. This study examined the effects of oat bran on blood lipids, hemostatic factors and energy utilization...
- Dietary fibres in the regulation of appetite and food intake. Importance of viscosityMette Kristensen
Department of Human Nutrition, Faculty of Life Sciences, University of Copenhagen, Rolighedsvej 30, DK 1958 Frederiksberg C, Denmark
Appetite 56:65-70. 2011..The goal of this paper is to provide a brief overview on the role of dietary fibres in appetite regulation highlighting the importance of viscosity...
- Wholegrain vs. refined wheat bread and pasta. Effect on postprandial glycemia, appetite, and subsequent ad libitum energy intake in young healthy adultsMette Kristensen
Department of Human Nutrition, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
Appetite 54:163-9. 2010..Ad libitum EI did not differ. In conclusion, the results show that wholemeal breads increased satiety measures compared to their refined counterparts; however no significant effect on subsequent EI was observed...
- Six weeks phylloquinone supplementation produces undesirable effects on blood lipids with no changes in inflammatory and fibrinolytic markers in postmenopausal womenMette Kristensen
Dept of Human Nutrition, Centre for Advanced Food Studies, University of Copenhagen, Rolighedsvej 30, 1958, Frederiksberg C, Denmark
Eur J Nutr 47:375-9. 2008..Cardiovascular disease is the major cause of death in the Western world, but some recent studies indicate that vitamin K may play a role in atherosclerosis protection...
- Calcium from salmon and cod bone is well absorbed in young healthy men: a double-blinded randomised crossover designMarian K Malde
National Institute of Nutrition and Seafood Research, PO Box 2029 Nordnes, N 5817 Bergen, Norway
Nutr Metab (Lond) 7:61. 2010..The objective of the present study was to assess the bioavailability of calcium in bones of Atlantic salmon (oily fish) and Atlantic cod (lean fish) in a double-blinded randomised crossover design...
- Acute effect of alginate-based preload on satiety feelings, energy intake, and gastric emptying rate in healthy subjectsMorten Georg Jensen
Department of Human Nutrition, Faculty of Life Sciences, University of Copenhagen, Frederiksberg, Denmark
Obesity (Silver Spring) 20:1851-8. 2012..However, further investigation on the volume of alginate administered is needed before inferring that this fiber has a possible role in short-term energy regulation...
- Effect of phylloquinone supplementation on biochemical markers of vitamin K status and bone turnover in postmenopausal womenSusanne Bugel
Department of Human Nutrition Centre for Advanced Food Studies, The Royal Veterinary and Agricultural University, Rolighedsvej 30, DK 1958 Frederiksberg C, Denmark
Br J Nutr 97:373-80. 2007..In conclusion, while daily supplementation with 200 and 500 microg phylloquinone/d for 6 weeks increased vitamin K status in postmenopausal women, it had no effect on bone turnover...
- Effect of alginate supplementation on weight loss in obese subjects completing a 12-wk energy-restricted diet: a randomized controlled trialMorten Georg Jensen
Department of Human Nutrition, Faculty of Science, University of Copenhagen, Frederiksberg, Denmark
Am J Clin Nutr 96:5-13. 2012..However, the long-term efficacy and safety of alginate supplementation on body weight regulation are lacking...
- Whole grain, dietary fiber, and incidence of endometrial cancer in a Danish cohort studyJulie Aarestrup
Danish Cancer Society Research Center, Copenhagen, Denmark
Nutr Cancer 64:1160-8. 2012..Of the 24,418 women included as cohort members, 217 had a diagnosis of endometrial cancer. No clear associations were found between intake of whole grains or dietary fiber and the incidence of endometrial cancer...
- Flaxseed dietary fiber supplements for suppression of appetite and food intakeSabine Ibrügger
Department of Human Nutrition, University of Copenhagen, Rolighedsvej 30, DK 1958 Frederiksberg C, Denmark
Appetite 58:490-5. 2012..3379 kJ). A small dose of flaxseed fiber significantly suppresses appetite and energy intake. Furthermore, flaxseed fibers administered as drinks or tablets produce similar responses...
- Short-term effects of replacing milk with cola beverages on insulin-like growth factor-I and insulin-glucose metabolism: a 10 d interventional study in young menCamilla Hoppe
Department of Human Nutrition, University of Copenhagen, Fredericksberg, Denmark
Br J Nutr 102:1047-51. 2009..It is unknown whether this is a transient phenomenon or whether it has long-term consequences...
- Short-term effects on bone turnover of replacing milk with cola beverages: a 10-day interventional study in young menMette Kristensen
Department of Human Nutrition and Center for Advanced Food Studies (LMC, The Royal Veterinary and Agricultural University, Rolighedsvej 30, 1958, Frederiksberg, Denmark
Osteoporos Int 16:1803-8. 2005..Thus, the trend towards a replacement of milk with cola and other soft drinks, which results in a low calcium intake, may negatively affect bone health as indicated by this short-term study...
- High throughput prediction of chylomicron triglycerides in human plasma by nuclear magnetic resonance and chemometricsFrancesco Savorani
Dept, of Food Science, Quality and Technology, Faculty of Life Sciences, University of Copenhagen, DK 1958 Frederiksberg C, Denmark
Nutr Metab (Lond) 7:43. 2010..The lipid content of the chylomicrons is a key biomarker and risk factor of cardiovascular diseases and for the understanding of obesity. A high throughput determination of chylomicrons in human blood plasma is outlined...
- An onion byproduct affects plasma lipids in healthy ratsEduvigis Roldán-Marín
Institute of Human Nutrition, Faculty of Life Sciences, University of Copenhagen, Frederiksberg C, Denmark
J Agric Food Chem 58:5308-14. 2010....