Niels Kristian Kjaer
Affiliation: University of Copenhagen
- Using an online portfolio in postgraduate trainingNiels Kristian Kjaer
University of Southern Denmark Sonderborg
Med Teach 28:708-12. 2006..The degree of educational support was experienced differently. Obstacles were lack of time, lack of trainer support, inappropriate IT facilities, lack of proper introduction and lack of personal motivation...
- [Perspectives on inspector visits in general practice]Niels Kristian Kjaer
Institut for Regional Sundhedsforskning, Syddansk Universitet, DK 6400 Sønderborg
Ugeskr Laeger 170:3539-43. 2008..Training in general practice is highly esteemed. Even so, extant literature pinpoints educational elements that may be improved, especially in the areas of pedagogic competence, organisation and physical environment...
- The benefits of educational release of hospital-based general practice specialist training registrars into general practiceMartin Munk
Office of Medical Specialist Training, Region of Southern Denmark, Otterup, Denmark
Educ Prim Care 21:243-7. 2010..The process strengthens transferability of skills. A focus on better educational management is needed. Trainers' commitment and trainees' ownership of and responsibility for the educational process are prerequisites for success...
- [Clinical junior doctors' initial experiences with the joint interdisciplinary ward for acute admissions]Niels Kristian Kjær
Den Lægelige Videreuddannelse, Det Sundhedsvidenskabelige Fakultet, Syddansk Universitet, Denmark
Ugeskr Laeger 173:1556-8. 2011..The responders found that training in IW had a high educational potential. They appreciated the broad training in acute conditions from several specialities. However, the educational management could be improved...
- Collaborative engagement with colleagues may provide better care for 'heart-sink' patientsNiels Kristian Kjaer
University of Southern Denmark, Lindevej 18, Sonderborg 6400, Denmark
Educ Prim Care 26:233-9. 2015..Complexity, uncertainty and so-called 'heart-sink' patients are naturally embedded in clinical practice. GPs need to deal with, and even embrace, uncertainty, enabling them to provide patient-centred care...
- General practitioners' preferences for future continuous professional development: evidence from a Danish discrete choice experimentNils Kristian Kjaer
The Department of Postgraduate Medical Education, Lindevej 18, Sonderborg, 6400 Denmark Region of Southern Denmark and Research Unit of General Practice, Institute of Public Health, Denmark
Educ Prim Care 26:4-10. 2015..Inspired by a current interest in CPD, this study investigates GPs' preferences for future CPD programmes...
- Doctors applying for Danish postgraduate medical specialist training are getting youngerNiels Kristian Kjaer
Research Unit of General Practice, Institute of Public Health, University of Southern Denmark, Lindevej 18, Sønderborg, Denmark
Dan Med J 59:A4476. 2012..The aim of this study was to highlight the present characteristics of young doctors who entered specialist training...
- [E-mail communication in general practice]Niels Kristian Kjaer
Afdeling for Forskning og Laegelig Videreuddannelse, Sønderjyllands Amt, og Almen praksis i Sønderjylland
Ugeskr Laeger 167:4461-5. 2005..Our aim was to examine how e-mail communication in general practice affects the doctor/patient relationship and doctors' workload...
- Designing an online portfolio for postgraduate training of GPs in DenmarkNiels Kristian Kjaer
University of Southern DenmarkMedical Faculty, Office of Medical Education and Research
Scand J Prim Health Care 26:70-3. 2008
- [Osteoarthritis, the most common joint problem]Niels Kristian Kjaer
Ugeskr Laeger 167:4457-8. 2005
- An evaluation of the 18- and 12-month basic postgraduate training programmes in DenmarkNiels Kristian Kjaer
Postgraduate Education, Medical Faculty, University of Southern Denmark, Denmark
Dan Med Bull 57:A4167. 2010..This study examines how the physicians from the old and new programmes evaluate their training, and it explores their attitudes towards the new postgraduate training programme...
- The role of general practice in postgraduate basic trainingNiels Kristian Kjaer
Postgraduate Education, Medical Faculty, University of Southern Denmark, Lindevej 18, Sonderborg 6400, Denmark
Med Teach 32:e448-52. 2010..Relatively little has been published about benefits of early and sustained postgraduate basic training in general practice, especially for doctors with other ambitions than family medicine...
- [Online portfolio registration in medical specialist education--secondary publication]Niels Kristian Kjaer
Syddansk Universitet, Medicinsk Fakultet, Den Postgraduate Uddannelse, og Aarhus Universitet, Center for Postgraduat Medicinsk Uddannelse
Ugeskr Laeger 170:3536-9. 2008..However, the value of the portfolio was experienced heterogeneously. Constraining factors were: lack of time and interest from the trainer, inadequate IT-facilities, missing introduction and lack of personal motivation...
- [Telemedicine and general practice--future or present. Telemedicine, a way to strengthen the gatekeeper role?]Niels Kristian Kjaer
Ugeskr Laeger 164:5262-6. 2002..The use of traditional e-mail is dissuaded when exchanging sensitive, person-related information. The importance of valid evaluation of new IT functions is underlined...
- [General practice education--why and in which direction?]Niels Kristian Kjaer
Ugeskr Laeger 170:3506. 2008
- [Between science and practice. Science in practice--a theoretical perspective on learning]Niels Kristian Kjaer
Laegehuset i Vester Sottrup, Lindevej 12, DK 6400 Sønderborg
Ugeskr Laeger 165:3397-400. 2003