Affiliation: University of Copenhagen
- Influence of trans fatty acids on healthSteen Stender
Danish Nutrition Council, Gentofte Hospital, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
Ann Nutr Metab 48:61-6. 2004..The Danish government has decided that oils and fats containing more than 2% industrially produced TFAs will not be sold in Denmark after the January 1, 2004...
- [Denmark is the first county in the world to forbid the use of industrially produced fatty acids]Steen Stender
Klinisk Biokemisk Afdeling, Amtssygehuset i Gentofte, DK 2900 Hellerup
Ugeskr Laeger 166:29-32. 2004
- Comparison of rosuvastatin with atorvastatin, simvastatin and pravastatin in achieving cholesterol goals and improving plasma lipids in hypercholesterolaemic patients with or without the metabolic syndrome in the MERCURY I trialS Stender
Department of Clinical Biochemistry, Gentofte Hospital, University of Copenhagen, Hellerup, Denmark
Diabetes Obes Metab 7:430-8. 2005..This analysis compares the effects of statin therapy on plasma low-density lipoprotein cholesterol (LDL-C) goal achievement and lipid levels in hypercholesterolaemic patients with or without the MS...
- [High levels of industrially produced trans fatty acids in popular fast food - but not in Denmark--secondary publication]Steen Stender
Amtssygehuset i Gentofte, Klinisk Biokemisk Afdeling, Hellerup
Ugeskr Laeger 168:1654-7. 2006..During a period of just a few years, Denmark has thus eliminated a risk factor for ischemic heart disease without noticeable side effects for consumers. This risk factor is, however, still present in many other countries...
- A trans world journeySteen Stender
Department of Clinical Biochemistry, Gentofte University Hospital, Copenhagen, Denmark
Atheroscler Suppl 7:47-52. 2006..The Danish experience demonstrates that this risk can be eliminated...