Christina E Hoei-Hansen
Affiliation: University of Copenhagen
- Hoei Hansen C, Rajpert De Meyts E, Carlsen E, Almstrup K, Leffers H, Skakkebaek N. A subfertile patient diagnosed with testicular carcinoma in situ by immunocytological staining for AP-2gamma in semen samples: case report. Hum Reprod. 2005;20:579-82 pubmed..The value of this method for diagnostic use in the clinic requires further careful validation in a large series of patients and controls, but the preliminary results are promising. ..
- Hoei Hansen C, Olesen I, Jorgensen N, Carlsen E, Holm M, Almstrup K, et al. Current approaches for detection of carcinoma in situ testis. Int J Androl. 2007;30:398-404; discussion 404-5 pubmed..In conclusion, one difficulty is to determine in which males CIS should be suspected; secondly, there does not as yet exist an optimal noninvasive method of diagnosis that is more acceptable than an open surgical biopsy. ..
- Hoei Hansen C, Mathiasen R, Uldall P. Unexpected marked seizure improvement in paediatric epilepsy surgery candidates. Seizure. 2017;45:70-73 pubmed publisher..They all had an IQ in the normal range. Two of the remaining 7 children were operated later. Unexpected seizure control may occur during epilepsy surgery evaluation. ..
- Hoei Hansen C, Sehested A, Juhler M, Lau Y, Skakkebaek N, Laursen H, et al. New evidence for the origin of intracranial germ cell tumours from primordial germ cells: expression of pluripotency and cell differentiation markers. J Pathol. 2006;209:25-33 pubmed....
- Hoei Hansen C, Carlsen E, Jorgensen N, Leffers H, Skakkebaek N, Rajpert De Meyts E. Towards a non-invasive method for early detection of testicular neoplasia in semen samples by identification of fetal germ cell-specific markers. Hum Reprod. 2007;22:167-73 pubmed..Further effort is needed to improve this assay, for example, by employing a more sensitive biochemical method of detection. ..
- Hoei Hansen C. Application of stem cell markers in search for neoplastic germ cells in dysgenetic gonads, extragonadal tumours, and in semen of infertile men. Cancer Treat Rev. 2008;34:348-67 pubmed publisher..Many CIS candidate genes are yet uninvestigated, and information from these could increase knowledge about CIS tumour initiation/progression and be used for optimisation of a non-invasive detection method. ..
- Hoei Hansen C, Rajpert De Meyts E, Daugaard G, Skakkebaek N. Carcinoma in situ testis, the progenitor of testicular germ cell tumours: a clinical review. Ann Oncol. 2005;16:863-8 pubmed..Further research is warranted to identify causal factors explaining the increasing incidence of TGCT and to obtain a method of non-invasive CIS detection. ..
- Hoei Hansen C, Almstrup K, Nielsen J, Brask Sonne S, Graem N, Skakkebaek N, et al. Stem cell pluripotency factor NANOG is expressed in human fetal gonocytes, testicular carcinoma in situ and germ cell tumours. Histopathology. 2005;47:48-56 pubmed..Timing of NANOG down-regulation in fetal gonocytes suggests that NANOG may act as a regulatory factor up-stream to OCT-4. ..
- Hoei Hansen C, Dali C, Lyngbye T, Duno M, Uldall P. Alternating hemiplegia of childhood in Denmark: clinical manifestations and ATP1A3 mutation status. Eur J Paediatr Neurol. 2014;18:50-4 pubmed publisher..The patients harboured a wide range of psychomotor difficulties. Patients with no mutation detected tended to be less severely affected. Prevalence was approximately 1 per 100,000 children. ..
- Hoei Hansen C, Kraggerud S, Abeler V, Kaern J, Rajpert De Meyts E, Lothe R. Ovarian dysgerminomas are characterised by frequent KIT mutations and abundant expression of pluripotency markers. Mol Cancer. 2007;6:12 pubmed..We investigated the origin of malignant OGCTs and underlying molecular events in the development of the various histological subtypes of this neoplasia...