Sinem E Gulmez
Affiliation: University of Southern Denmark
- Use of proton pump inhibitors and the risk of community-acquired pneumonia: a population-based case-control studySinem Ezgi Gulmez
Research Unit of Clinical Pharmacology, Faculty of Health Sciences, Institute of Public Health, University of Southern Denmark, Odense, Denmark
Arch Intern Med 167:950-5. 2007..Recently, the use of proton pump inhibitors (PPIs) has been associated with an increased risk of pneumonia. We aimed to confirm this association and to identify the risk factors...
- Dipyrone improves small airway function in asthmatic patients with moderate obstructionS E Gulmez
Department of Pharmacology and Clinical Pharmacology, Ankara University Faculty of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
J Investig Allergol Clin Immunol 17:242-8. 2007..Dipyrone is an analgesic and antipyretic agent with a distinctive spasmolytic effect on smooth muscles. We recently showed that dipyrone significantly relaxed precontracted tracheal smooth muscle in guinea pig...
- Spironolactone use and the risk of upper gastrointestinal bleeding: a population-based case-control studySinem E Gulmez
Research Unit of Clinical Pharmacology, Institute of Public Health, University of Southern Denmark, Odense, Denmark
Br J Clin Pharmacol 66:294-9. 2008..Recent studies have suggested an increased risk of upper gastrointestinal bleeding (UGB) in spironolactone users. The aim was to confirm the association, identify the risk factors and quantify the absolute risk...
- Do statins protect against upper gastrointestinal bleeding?Sinem Ezgi Gulmez
Research Unit of Clinical Pharmacology, University of Southern Denmark, Odense, Denmark
Br J Clin Pharmacol 67:460-5. 2009..We aimed to evaluate the effect of statin use on acute nonvariceal UGB alone or in combinations with low-dose aspirin and other antithrombotic drugs...
- Dipyrone increases the blood flow of arterial dorsal skin flapsS E Gulmez
Departments of Pharmacology and Clinical Pharmacology, Ankara University Faculty of Medicine, Ankara 06590, Turkey
Aesthetic Plast Surg 32:766-70. 2008..A pharmacologic explanation for this effect points to its vascular smooth muscle-relaxing effect. This study evaluated the effect of dipyrone on blood flow and thus survival of rat random dorsal skin flaps...
- The diffusion of nimesulide gel into synovial fluid: a comparison between administration routesF Erdogan
Faculty of Medicine, Department of Pharmacology and Clinical Pharmacology, Ankara University, Ankara, Turkey
Int J Clin Pharmacol Ther 44:270-5. 2006..The actual efficacy and safety of topical nimesulide gel administration should be investigated in a long-term, randomized, placebo-controlled clinical trial...