Affiliation: University of Copenhagen
- Commonly recommended daily intake of vitamin D is not sufficient if sunlight exposure is limitedH Glerup
Department of Endocrinology, Aarhus Amtssygehus, University Hospital of Aarhus, Aarhus, Denmark
J Intern Med 247:260-8. 2000....
- [Vitamin D deficiency among immigrants]H Glerup
Medicinsk afdeling C, Arhus Universitetshospital, Arhus Amtssygehus
Ugeskr Laeger 162:6196-9. 2000..If only (isolated) low 25-hydroxyvitamin D is found, treatment with 1000 IU of ergocalciferol or cholecalciferol in combination with one gram of calcium daily will be adequate...
- Vitamin D deficiency among immigrant children in DenmarkHenning Glerup
Department V, Aarhus University Hospital, , 8000 Arhus C, Denmark
Eur J Pediatr 163:272-3. 2004
- Transforming growth factor-beta1 adsorbed to tricalciumphosphate coated implants increases peri-implant bone remodelingM Lin
Department of Orthopedics, University Hospital of Arhus, Denmark
Biomaterials 22:189-93. 2001....
- Serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D in a West African population of tuberculosis patients and unmatched healthy controlsChristian Wejse
Bandim Health Project, INDEPTH Network, Statens Serum Institut, Bissau, Guinea Bissau, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
Am J Clin Nutr 86:1376-83. 2007..Little is known regarding vitamin D deficiency (VDD) in African populations and in tuberculosis (TB) patients. VDD has been shown to be associated with TB...
- Vitamin D as supplementary treatment for tuberculosis: a double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled trialChristian Wejse
Infectious Disease Research Unit, Aarhus University Hospital, Skejby, Brendstrupgaardsvej, 8200 Aarhus N, Denmark
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 179:843-50. 2009..Vitamin D has been shown to be involved in the host immune response toward Mycobacterium tuberculosis...
- Biochemical markers of bone metabolism reflect osteoclastic and osteoblastic activity in multiple myelomaN Abildgaard
Department of Haematology, Aarhus University Hospital, Denmark
Eur J Haematol 64:121-9. 2000..The data indicate that measurements of the biochemical markers of bone metabolism may be useful in monitoring myeloma bone disease, and might thus be of use for dose titration of bisphosphonate therapy...
- Fracture risk in patients with muscular dystrophy and spinal muscular atrophyP Vestergaard
Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism C, Aarhus Amtssygehus, Aarhus University Hospital, Denmark
J Rehabil Med 33:150-5. 2001..Loss of ambulation was the major risk factor for fractures. In conclusion, fracture risk is increased in neuromuscular disease...
- Vitamin D deficiency and aging: implications for general health and osteoporosisErik Fink Eriksen
University Department of Endocrinology, Aarhus Amtssygehus, Denmark
Biogerontology 3:73-7. 2002..More potent analogues are rarely needed. One should aim at achieving S-25(OH)D values in the range 50-100 nmol/l...
- [Daily dosage of 10 mg vitamin D to immigrants wearing well-covering dark clothes is not sufficient]Henning Glerup
Ugeskr Laeger 167:1655; author reply 1656. 2005
- [Vitamin D insufficiency--possible etiologic factor of autoimmune diseases]Søren Peter Jørgensen
Arhus Universitetshospital, Arhus Sygehus, Medicinsk Hepato gastroenterologisk Afdeling V
Ugeskr Laeger 169:3655-60. 2007..25-(OH)2-vitamin D reduces inflammation. This article discusses the role of vitamin D in inflammatory bowel disease, type 1 diabetes mellitus, multiple sclerosis, and rheumatoid arthritis...
- [D-vitamin: old paradoxes and new perspectives]Henning Glerup
Arhus Universitetshospital, Arhus Kommunehospital, Medicinsk-gastroenterologisk Afdeling V
Ugeskr Laeger 166:36-40. 2004