Affiliation: University of Copenhagen
- The influence of glucagon on postprandial hyperglycaemia in children 5 years after onset of type 1 diabetesSiri Fredheim
Department of Pediatrics, Herlev Hospital, Herlev Ringvej 75, Arkaden, Opgang 115, Herlev, 2730, Copenhagen, Denmark
Diabetologia 58:828-34. 2015..The influence of glucagon on glycaemic control in type 1 diabetes is debated. We investigated the relationship between postprandial glucagon levels and HbA1c during a period up to 60 months after diagnosis of childhood type 1 diabetes...
- Intrafamilial Variability of Early-Onset Diabetes due to an INS MutationSiri Fredheim
Department of Paediatrics, Herlev University Hospital, Ndr Ringvej 75, 2730 Herlev, Denmark
Case Rep Genet 2011:258978. 2011..Conclusions. These three cases further confirm the essential features of diabetes caused by INS mutations with proteotoxic effect. We conclude that patients with similar features must be investigated for mutations of INS gene...
- Diabetic ketoacidosis at the onset of type 1 diabetes is associated with future HbA1c levelsS Fredheim
Department of Paediatrics, Herlev Hospital, Arkaden, Turkisvej 14, DK 2730 Herlev, Denmark
Diabetologia 56:995-1003. 2013..We investigated the long-term impact of diabetic ketoacidosis (DKA) at onset on metabolic regulation and residual beta cell function in a Danish population with type 1 diabetes...
- The PTPN22 C1858T gene variant is associated with proinsulin in new-onset type 1 diabetesLotte B Nielsen
Department of Paediatrics, Glostrup University Hospital, Denmark
BMC Med Genet 12:41. 2011....
- Partial remission definition: validation based on the insulin dose-adjusted HbA1c (IDAA1C) in 129 Danish children with new-onset type 1 diabetesMarie Louise C Max Andersen
Department of Pediatrics, Herlev Hospital, Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
Pediatr Diabetes 15:469-76. 2014..To validate the partial remission (PR) definition based on insulin dose-adjusted HbA1c (IDAA1c)...
- Proinsulin, GLP-1, and glucagon are associated with partial remission in children and adolescents with newly diagnosed type 1 diabetesAnne Kaas
Department of Paediatrics, Glostrup Herlev University Hospital, Copenhagen, Denmark
Pediatr Diabetes 13:51-8. 2012..Our aim was to assess the relationship between proinsulin, insulin dose-adjusted haemoglobin A1c (IDAA1C), glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1), glucagon, and remission status the first year after diagnosis of type 1 diabetes...
- Equal access to health care may diminish the differences in outcome between native and immigrant patients with type 1 diabetesSiri Fredheim
Department of Pediatrics, Herlev Hospital, Herlev, Copenhagen, Denmark Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
Pediatr Diabetes 15:519-27. 2014..We hypothesized that differences between Nordic and non-Nordic patients are less pronounced for children with type 1 diabetes in high incidence countries in Northern Europe...