Affiliation: University of Southern Denmark
- Bone geometry, density, and microarchitecture in the distal radius and tibia in adults with osteogenesis imperfecta type I assessed by high-resolution pQCTLars Folkestad
Department of Endocrinology, Odense University Hospital, Kloevervaenget 6 Odense, Denmark
J Bone Miner Res 27:1405-12. 2012..001 at both sites) when compared with controls. We conclude that patients with type I OI have lower aBMD, vBMD, bone area, and trabecular number when compared with healthy age- and gender-matched controls...
- [Laypersons can seek help from their Facebook friends regarding medical diagnosis]Lars Folkestad
Endokrinologisk Afdeling, Sydvestjysk Sygehus Esbjerg, Finsensgade 35, 6700 Esbjerg, Denmark
Ugeskr Laeger 173:3174-7. 2011..Our aim was to explore whether laypersons via Facebook friends could crowd source their way to a medical diagnosis based on a brief medical history, posted as a status update on Facebook...
- Full-text publication of abstracts in emergency medicine in DenmarkAnne Katrine Ravn
Emergency Department, Sydvestjysk Sygehus Esbjerg, Finsensgade 35, DK 6700 Esbjerg, Denmark
Scand J Trauma Resusc Emerg Med 22:33. 2014..The aim of this survey was to determine the publication rate of papers presented at the Danish Emergency Medicine Conferences in 2009, 2010 and 2011...
- [Supervision of junior doctors and allocation of work tasks regarding admissions and further treatment of acute admitted patients]Lars Folkestad
Sydvestjysk Sygehus, Esbjerg, Medicinsk, Afdeling, og Dansk Selskab for Akutmedicin, Esbjerg, Denmark
Ugeskr Laeger 172:1662-6. 2010..It has not previously been documented which doctors see the acute admissions initially at emergency departments, nor how often these patients are debated with an attending doctor...
- [A peaceful Christmas Eve at the hospital]Ramshanker Ramanathan
Medicinsk afdeling, Sydvestjysk Sygehus Esbjerg, Denmark
Ugeskr Laeger 173:3178-81. 2011..e. "granny dumping")...
- Bone geometry, volumetric density, microarchitecture, and estimated bone strength assessed by HR-pQCT in adult patients with hypophosphatemic ricketsVikram V Shanbhogue
Department of Endocrinology, Odense University Hospital, Odense, Denmark Institute of Clinical Research, University of Southern Denmark, Odense, Denmark
J Bone Miner Res 30:176-83. 2015..2014 American Society for Bone and Mineral Research. ..
- Capillary refill time: a study of interobserver reliability among nurses and nurse assistantsMikkel Brabrand
aDepartment of Medicine, Sydvestjysk Sygehus, Esbjerg bDepartment of Cardiology, Odense University Hospital, Odense, Denmark
Eur J Emerg Med 18:46-9. 2011..Earlier studies of interobserver variability of CRT have been on a large number of patients but with few observers. The objective of our study was to investigate how a large group of nurses and nurse assistants would grade CRT...
- Bone microarchitecture and estimated strength in 499 adult Danish women and men: a cross-sectional, population-based high-resolution peripheral quantitative computed tomographic study on peak bone structureStinus Hansen
Department of Endocrinology, Odense University Hospital, Kløvervænget 6 1 sal, 5000, Odense, Denmark
Calcif Tissue Int 94:269-81. 2014..With age women are further disadvantaged compared to men by greater decrements in cortical and trabecular architecture in the radius and cortical architecture in the tibia...
- [Triage in acute medical admission units]Mikkel Brabrand
Sydvestjysk Sygehus, Esbjerg, Medicinsk afdeling, 6700 Esbjerg, Denmark
Ugeskr Laeger 172:1666-8. 2010..Many emergency departments use validated triage tools. It is currently undocumented if such a practice is common in Danish medical admission units (MAU). The current study was conducted in order to clarify this...
- A medical admission unit reduces duration of hospital stay and number of readmissionsJan C Vork
Medical Admission Unit, Hospital of Southwest, Esbjerg, Denmark
Dan Med Bull 58:A4298. 2011..We present the effect of this on the length of hospital stay, mortality rates and the number of readmissions for the last year with the previous structure and the first year of the new MAU structure...
- Use of predefined biochemical admission profiles does not reduce the number of tests or total cost: a randomized-controlled pilot studyManan Pareek
Departments of aMedicine bEndocrinology, Sydvestjysk Sygehus Esbjerg, Esbjerg cDepartment of Medicine, Sygehus Lillebælt Vejle, Vejle, Denmark
Eur J Emerg Med 21:42-5. 2014..The objective of this pilot study was to evaluate whether the use of predefined biochemical profiles as an alternative to individually ordered blood tests by the treating physicians resulted in fewer tests or a lower total cost...
- Time telling devices used in Danish health care are not synchronizedMikkel Brabrand
Department of Medicine, Sydvestjysk Hospital Esbjerg, 6700 Esbjerg, Denmark
Dan Med J 59:A4512. 2012..It has never been examined if this is a problem in Denmark. We performed the present study to examine if time telling devices used in the pre-hospital setting were synchronized with devices used in emergency departments...
- The effect of aromatase inhibitors on bone metabolismLars Folkestad
Department of Endocrinology, Odense University Hospital, Odense, Denmark
Basic Clin Pharmacol Toxicol 104:3-10. 2009..We conclude that treatment with aromatase inhibitors leads to an increased bone loss and thus an increase in the risk of fractures in women with breast cancer...
- In-hospital resuscitation evaluated by in situ simulation: a prospective simulation studyFrederik Mondrup
Sydvestjysk Sygehus Esbjerg, Department of Emergency Medicine, Finsensgade 35, DK 6700 Esbjerg, Denmark
Scand J Trauma Resusc Emerg Med 19:55. 2011..The aims of the study were to evaluate the feasibility of the applied method, and to examine differences in the resuscitation performance between the first responders and the cardiac arrest team...
- [Life just is not fair - and statistics do not make it any better]Lars Folkestad
Medicinsk Center, Sydvestjysk Sygehus Esbjerg, Esbjerg
Ugeskr Laeger 171:3775-9. 2009....