Affiliation: University of Southern Denmark
- Bone geometry, density, and microarchitecture in the distal radius and tibia in adults with osteogenesis imperfecta type I assessed by high-resolution pQCTLars Folkestad
Department of Endocrinology, Odense University Hospital, Kloevervaenget 6 Odense, Denmark
J Bone Miner Res 27:1405-12. 2012..001 at both sites) when compared with controls. We conclude that patients with type I OI have lower aBMD, vBMD, bone area, and trabecular number when compared with healthy age- and gender-matched controls...
- [Laypersons can seek help from their Facebook friends regarding medical diagnosis]Lars Folkestad
Endokrinologisk Afdeling, Sydvestjysk Sygehus Esbjerg, Finsensgade 35, 6700 Esbjerg, Denmark
Ugeskr Laeger 173:3174-7. 2011..Our aim was to explore whether laypersons via Facebook friends could crowd source their way to a medical diagnosis based on a brief medical history, posted as a status update on Facebook...
- [Supervision of junior doctors and allocation of work tasks regarding admissions and further treatment of acute admitted patients]Lars Folkestad
Sydvestjysk Sygehus, Esbjerg, Medicinsk, Afdeling, og Dansk Selskab for Akutmedicin, Esbjerg, Denmark
Ugeskr Laeger 172:1662-6. 2010..It has not previously been documented which doctors see the acute admissions initially at emergency departments, nor how often these patients are debated with an attending doctor...
- [A peaceful Christmas Eve at the hospital]Ramshanker Ramanathan
Medicinsk afdeling, Sydvestjysk Sygehus Esbjerg, Denmark
Ugeskr Laeger 173:3178-81. 2011..e. "granny dumping")...
- [Triage in acute medical admission units]Mikkel Brabrand
Sydvestjysk Sygehus, Esbjerg, Medicinsk afdeling, 6700 Esbjerg, Denmark
Ugeskr Laeger 172:1666-8. 2010..Many emergency departments use validated triage tools. It is currently undocumented if such a practice is common in Danish medical admission units (MAU). The current study was conducted in order to clarify this...
- A medical admission unit reduces duration of hospital stay and number of readmissionsJan C Vork
Medical Admission Unit, Hospital of Southwest, Esbjerg, Denmark
Dan Med Bull 58:A4298. 2011..We present the effect of this on the length of hospital stay, mortality rates and the number of readmissions for the last year with the previous structure and the first year of the new MAU structure...
- Time telling devices used in Danish health care are not synchronizedMikkel Brabrand
Department of Medicine, Sydvestjysk Hospital Esbjerg, 6700 Esbjerg, Denmark
Dan Med J 59:A4512. 2012..It has never been examined if this is a problem in Denmark. We performed the present study to examine if time telling devices used in the pre-hospital setting were synchronized with devices used in emergency departments...
- The effect of aromatase inhibitors on bone metabolismLars Folkestad
Department of Endocrinology, Odense University Hospital, Odense, Denmark
Basic Clin Pharmacol Toxicol 104:3-10. 2009..We conclude that treatment with aromatase inhibitors leads to an increased bone loss and thus an increase in the risk of fractures in women with breast cancer...
- In-hospital resuscitation evaluated by in situ simulation: a prospective simulation studyFrederik Mondrup
Sydvestjysk Sygehus Esbjerg, Department of Emergency Medicine, Finsensgade 35, DK 6700 Esbjerg, Denmark
Scand J Trauma Resusc Emerg Med 19:55. 2011..The aims of the study were to evaluate the feasibility of the applied method, and to examine differences in the resuscitation performance between the first responders and the cardiac arrest team...
- [Life just is not fair - and statistics do not make it any better]Lars Folkestad
Medicinsk Center, Sydvestjysk Sygehus Esbjerg, Esbjerg
Ugeskr Laeger 171:3775-9. 2009....