Affiliation: University of Aarhus
- PVP-coated silver nanoparticles and silver ions induce reactive oxygen species, apoptosis and necrosis in THP-1 monocytesRasmus Foldbjerg
Department of Environmental and Occupational Medicine, Institute of Public Health, Aarhus University, Bartholins Alle 2, Bygn 1260, 8000 Aarhus, Denmark
Toxicol Lett 190:156-62. 2009..A drastic increase in ROS levels could be detected after 6-24h suggesting that oxidative stress is an important mediator of cytotoxicity caused by Ag NPs and Ag+...
- Cytotoxicity and genotoxicity of silver nanoparticles in the human lung cancer cell line, A549Rasmus Foldbjerg
Nanoparticle Safety Group, Department of Environmental and Occupational Medicine, Institute of Public Health, Aarhus University, Aarhus, Denmark
Arch Toxicol 85:743-50. 2011..The level of bulky DNA adducts was strongly correlated with the cellular ROS levels (r(s) = 0.8810, p = 0.0039) and could be inhibited by antioxidant pretreatment, suggesting Ag NPs as a mediator of ROS-induced genotoxicity...
- Earthworms and humans in vitro: characterizing evolutionarily conserved stress and immune responses to silver nanoparticlesYuya Hayashi
iNANO Interdisciplinary Nanoscience Center, Aarhus University, Aarhus, Denmark
Environ Sci Technol 46:4166-73. 2012..Our findings provide mechanistic clues on cellular innate immunity toward AgNPs that is likely to be evolutionarily conserved across the animal kingdom...
- Global gene expression profiling of human lung epithelial cells after exposure to nanosilverRasmus Foldbjerg
Department of Public Health, Aarhus University, DK 8000 Aarhus C, Denmark
Toxicol Sci 130:145-57. 2012..In conclusion, although the transcriptional response to Ag(+) exposure was highly related to the response caused by AgNPs, our findings suggest that AgNPs, due to their particulate form, affect exposed cells in a more complex way...
- Toxicity of silver nanoparticles - nanoparticle or silver ion?Christiane Beer
Department of Public Health, Aarhus University, Bartholins Alle 2, DK 8000 Aarhus C, Denmark
Toxicol Lett 208:286-92. 2012..5%) the AgNPs did not add measurable additional toxicity to the AgNP suspension, whereas at low silver ion fractions (≤2.6%) AgNP suspensions are more toxic than their supernatant...
- Large area protein patterning reveals nanoscale control of focal adhesion developmentJenny Malmström
Interdisciplinary Nanoscience Center iNANO, Aarhus University, Denmark
Nano Lett 10:686-94. 2010..Large area samples enable the study of whole cell populations and opens for new potential applications...