Affiliation: University of Southern Denmark
- Use of the Internet in scanning the horizon for new and emerging health technologies: a survey of agencies involved in horizon scanningKarla Douw
University of Southern Denmark, Department of Health Economics, Institute of Public Health, Odense, Denmark
J Med Internet Res 5:e6. 2003..This requires the Horizon Scanning Systems (HSSs) to devise efficient procedures for identification of new health technologies. The role of the Internet for this purpose has as yet not been documented...
- Priority setting for horizon scanning of new health technologies in Denmark: views of health care stakeholders and health economistsKarla Douw
Department of Health Economics, University of Southern Denmark, Odense, Denmark
Health Policy 76:334-45. 2006..The proposed changes are regarded as an intermediate step in the process of producing a fully adapted instrument that can serve as a formal support for priority setting of new health technologies for assessment in the Danish HSS...
- Selection of new health technologies for assessment aimed at informing decision making: A survey among horizon scanning systemsKarla Douw
Department of Health Economics, University of Southern Denmark, Odense C, Denmark
Int J Technol Assess Health Care 22:177-83. 2006..An important, but as yet undocumented, determinant of the potential value for decision making of these so-called horizon scanning systems (HSSs) is how the most significant health technologies are selected...
- Selecting new health technologies for evaluation: can clinical experts predict which new anticancer drugs will impact Danish health care?Karla Douw
Centre for Applied Health Services Research and Technology Assessment CAST, University of Southern Denmark, Winslowsvej 9b, DK 5000 Odense, Denmark
Soc Sci Med 64:283-6. 2007..As the experts missed 37% of drugs that are in need of guidance, they should not be relied upon to select drugs relevant for evaluation...
- "The future should not take us by surprise": preparation of an early warning system in DenmarkKarla Douw
Department of Health Economics, University of Southern Denmark, Odense
Int J Technol Assess Health Care 20:342-50. 2004..To explore and test methods for the operation of a national Early Warning System (EWS) in Denmark and to support decision making by the Danish Centre for Evaluation and Health Technology Assessment on this issue...
- HTA education and training in EuropeKarla Douw
University of Southern Denmark
Int J Technol Assess Health Care 18:808-19. 2002..To identify training programs and educational resources in health technology assessment (HTA) in Europe...
- [Development of an Internet search strategy to identify new medical technologies in prostate cancer]Marianne Thygesen
Syddansk Universitet, Den Sundhedsfaglige Kandidatuddannelse
Ugeskr Laeger 169:1912-6. 2007..The objective of this project was to develop an Internet search strategy to identify new technologies for the treatment of localised prostate cancer...