Ditlev E Brodersen
Affiliation: University of Aarhus
- Crystal structure of the VapBC toxin-antitoxin complex from Shigella flexneri reveals a hetero-octameric DNA-binding assemblyChristian Dienemann
Centre for mRNP Biogenesis and Metabolism, Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics, Aarhus University, Gustav Wieds Vej 10C, DK 8000 Aarhus C, Denmark
J Mol Biol 414:713-22. 2011..The structure gives new insights into the inhibition of VapC toxins by VapB and provides the molecular basis for understanding transcriptional regulation through VapB dimerization...
- The structural basis for mRNA recognition and cleavage by the ribosome-dependent endonuclease RelECajetan Neubauer
MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Cambridge CB2 0QH, UK
Cell 139:1084-95. 2009..These structures provide detailed insight into the translational regulation on the bacterial ribosome by mRNA cleavage...
- The social life of ribosomal proteinsDitlev E Brodersen
Centre for Structural Biology, Department of Molecular Biology, University of Aarhus, Denmark
FEBS J 272:2098-108. 2005..In this review we highlight some of the many known and important functions of ribosomal proteins, both during translation on the ribosome and in a wider context...
- Origins and activities of the eukaryotic exosomeSøren Lykke-Andersen
Centre for mRNP Biogenesis and Metabolism, Department of Molecular Biology, C F Møllers Allé 1130, University of Aarhus, DK 8000 Aarhus C, Denmark
J Cell Sci 122:1487-94. 2009....
- Cyanobacteria contain a structural homologue of the Hfq protein with altered RNA-binding propertiesAndreas Bøggild
Centre for mRNP Biogenesis and Metabolism, University of Aarhus, Denmark
FEBS J 276:3904-15. 2009..The results have implications for our understanding of the evolution of the Sm fold and the Hfq proteins in the bacterial kingdom in general...
- Exonucleolysis is required for nuclear mRNA quality control in yeast THO mutantsJannie Assenholt
Centre for mRNP Biogenesis and Metabolism, Department of Molecular Biology, The Faculty of Science, Aarhus University, DK 8000 Aarhus C, Denmark
RNA 14:2305-13. 2008..Our data show that exonucleolytic attack by the nuclear exosome is needed both for provoking mRNP QC and for its ensuing elimination of faulty RNA...
- Take the "A" tail--quality control of ribosomal and transfer RNAKasper R Andersen
Centre for mRNP Biogenesis and Metabolism, Department of Molecular Biology, University of Aarhus, Gustav Wieds Vej 10C, DK 8000 Aarhus C, Denmark
Biochim Biophys Acta 1779:532-7. 2008..Nonetheless, our knowledge about the controlled degradation of both stable and labile RNAs is now converging into a unified picture that points to the poly(A) tail as a key discriminator of RNA quality in both bacteria and eukaryotes...
- The 1.4-A crystal structure of the S. pombe Pop2p deadenylase subunit unveils the configuration of an active enzymeAnette Thyssen Jonstrup
Centre for Structural Biology, Department of Molecular Biology, University of Aarhus, Gustav Wieds Vej 10C, DK 8000 Arhus C, Denmark
Nucleic Acids Res 35:3153-64. 2007....
- Crystal structure of the 30 S ribosomal subunit from Thermus thermophilus: structure of the proteins and their interactions with 16 S RNADitlev E Brodersen
Laboratory of Molecular Biology, MRC, Hills Road, Cambridge CB2 2QH, UK
J Mol Biol 316:725-68. 2002..We attempt to correlate the structure with a large body of biochemical and genetic data on the 30 S subunit...
- Shape can be seductiveDitlev E Brodersen
Nat Struct Biol 10:78-80. 2003
- Crystal structures of the ribosome in complex with release factors RF1 and RF2 bound to a cognate stop codonSabine Petry
MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Hills Road, Cambridge CB2 2QH, United Kingdom
Cell 123:1255-66. 2005..Finally, this work demonstrates the feasibility of crystallizing ribosomes with bound factors at a defined state along the translational pathway...
- An Hfq-like protein in archaea: crystal structure and functional characterization of the Sm protein from Methanococcus jannaschiiJesper S Nielsen
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Southern Denmark, Campusvej 55, DK 5230 Odense M, Denmark
RNA 13:2213-23. 2007..Functional analysis reveals that Escherichia coli and M. jannaschii Hfqs display very similar biochemical and biological properties. It thus appears that the archaeal and bacterial Hfq proteins are largely functionally interchangeable...