Affiliation: University of Copenhagen
- Increased mortality in Klinefelter syndromeAnders Bojesen
Medical Department M Diabetes and Endocrinology, Aarhus Sygehus, Aarhus University Hospital, Denmark
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 89:3830-4. 2004..Whether this increase is caused by the syndrome per se (i.e. hypogonadism) or other factors, e.g. socioeconomic, are involved is presently unknown...
- Morbidity in Klinefelter syndrome: a Danish register study based on hospital discharge diagnosesAnders Bojesen
Medical Department M Diabetes and Endocrinology, Aarhus Sygehus, Aarhus University Hospital, Noerrebrogade 42 44, DK 8000 Aarhus C, Denmark
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 91:1254-60. 2006..Our current knowledge of morbidity in KS is based on observational studies and case reports and therefore is limited...
- The metabolic syndrome is frequent in Klinefelter's syndrome and is associated with abdominal obesity and hypogonadismAnders Bojesen
Medical Department M, Endocrinology and Diabetes, Aarhus University Hospital, Noerrebrogade 42 44, DK 8000, Aarhus C, Denmark
Diabetes Care 29:1591-8. 2006..We analyzed differences between patients with untreated Klinefelter's syndrome and control subjects and subsequently analyzed differences between testosterone-treated and untreated Klinefelter's syndrome patients...
- Klinefelter syndrome in clinical practiceAnders Bojesen
Department of Clinical Genetics, Vejle Hospital, Aarhus University Hospital, Denmark
Nat Clin Pract Urol 4:192-204. 2007....
- Morbidity and mortality in Klinefelter syndrome (47,XXY)Anders Bojesen
Department of Clinical Genetics, Vejle Hospital, Sygehus Lillebaelt, Denmark
Acta Paediatr 100:807-13. 2011..The risk of being admitted to hospital with any diagnosis was increased by 70%. The underlying reason for the poorer health in KS may be caused by interaction of genetic, hormonal and socio-economic factors...
- Klinefelter's syndrome, type 2 diabetes and the metabolic syndrome: the impact of body compositionAnders Bojesen
Department of Clinical Genetics, Vejle Hospital, Sygehus Lillebaelt, DK 7100 Vejle, Denmark
Mol Hum Reprod 16:396-401. 2010..Despite the lack of such studies in KS, we recommend testosterone treatment to KS patients with low serum testosterone or increased LH and change in body composition...
- Body composition, metabolic syndrome and type 2 diabetes in Klinefelter syndromeClaus H Gravholt
Department of Endocrinology and Internal Medicine, Aarhus University Hospital, Aarhus Sygehus NBG, Denmark
Acta Paediatr 100:871-7. 2011....
- Clinical review: Klinefelter syndrome--a clinical updateKristian A Groth
Department of Molecular Medicine, Aarhus University Hospital, DK 8000 Aarhus C, Denmark
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 98:20-30. 2013..We review aspects of epidemiology, endocrinology, metabolism, body composition, and neuropsychology with reference to recent genetic discoveries...
- Hypothyroidism secondary to hypothalamic-pituitary dysfunction may be part of the phenotype in klinefelter syndrome: a case-control studyAnne Mette Bay Bjørn
Department of Endocrinology and Medicine, Aalborg Hospital, Aarhus University Hospital, DK 9000 Aalborg, Denmark
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 94:2478-81. 2009..Klinefelter syndrome (KS) may involve a number of abnormalities besides the characteristic testicular insufficiency. Some studies have suggested that thyroid abnormalities may be common, but this has not been clarified...
- Socioeconomic trajectories affect mortality in Klinefelter syndromeAnders Bojesen
Department of Clinical Genetics, Vejle Hospital, Sygehus Lillebaelt, 7100 Vejle, Denmark
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 96:2098-104. 2011..Morbidity and mortality are increased and the causes behind remain unknown. Is it the chromosome aberration or is it caused by postulated poorer socioeconomic status?..
- Prenatal and postnatal prevalence of Klinefelter syndrome: a national registry studyAnders Bojesen
Medical Department M, Diabetes and Endocrinology, Aarhus Kommunehospital, Aarhus University Hospital, Denmark
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 88:622-6. 2003..There is a marked delay in diagnosis of the syndrome. A delay in treatment with testosterone may lead to decreased muscle and bone mass with subsequent risk of osteoporosis...
- Criminality in men with Klinefelter's syndrome and XYY syndrome: a cohort studyKirstine Stochholm
Department of Endocrinology and Internal Medicine, Aarhus University Hospital NBG, Aarhus C, Aarhus, Denmark
BMJ Open 2:e000650. 2012..To investigate the criminal pattern in men between 15 and 70 years of age diagnosed with 47,XXY (Klinefelter's syndrome (KS)) or 47,XYY compared to the general population...
- Glycemia, lipidemia and systolic left ventricular function evaluated by myocardial strain rate: a tissue Doppler echocardiographic studyNiels Holmark Andersen
Department of Cardiology, Skejby Hospital, Aarhus University Hospital, Aarhus, Denmark
Ultrasound Med Biol 34:151-4. 2008..In conclusion, LV systolic function seems significantly related to fasting levels of glucose and LDL cholesterol in normal subjects...