Affiliation: University of Copenhagen
- Morbidity and mortality in Klinefelter syndrome (47,XXY)Anders Bojesen
Department of Clinical Genetics, Vejle Hospital, Sygehus Lillebaelt, Denmark
Acta Paediatr 100:807-13. 2011..The risk of being admitted to hospital with any diagnosis was increased by 70%. The underlying reason for the poorer health in KS may be caused by interaction of genetic, hormonal and socio-economic factors...
- Increased mortality in Klinefelter syndromeAnders Bojesen
Medical Department M Diabetes and Endocrinology, Aarhus Sygehus, Aarhus University Hospital, Denmark
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 89:3830-4. 2004..Whether this increase is caused by the syndrome per se (i.e. hypogonadism) or other factors, e.g. socioeconomic, are involved is presently unknown...
- Morbidity in Klinefelter syndrome: a Danish register study based on hospital discharge diagnosesAnders Bojesen
Medical Department M Diabetes and Endocrinology, Aarhus Sygehus, Aarhus University Hospital, Noerrebrogade 42 44, DK 8000 Aarhus C, Denmark
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 91:1254-60. 2006..Our current knowledge of morbidity in KS is based on observational studies and case reports and therefore is limited...
- The metabolic syndrome is frequent in Klinefelter's syndrome and is associated with abdominal obesity and hypogonadismAnders Bojesen
Medical Department M, Endocrinology and Diabetes, Aarhus University Hospital, Noerrebrogade 42 44, DK 8000, Aarhus C, Denmark
Diabetes Care 29:1591-8. 2006..We analyzed differences between patients with untreated Klinefelter's syndrome and control subjects and subsequently analyzed differences between testosterone-treated and untreated Klinefelter's syndrome patients...
- Klinefelter syndrome in clinical practiceAnders Bojesen
Department of Clinical Genetics, Vejle Hospital, Aarhus University Hospital, Denmark
Nat Clin Pract Urol 4:192-204. 2007....
- Klinefelter's syndrome, type 2 diabetes and the metabolic syndrome: the impact of body compositionAnders Bojesen
Department of Clinical Genetics, Vejle Hospital, Sygehus Lillebaelt, DK 7100 Vejle, Denmark
Mol Hum Reprod 16:396-401. 2010..Despite the lack of such studies in KS, we recommend testosterone treatment to KS patients with low serum testosterone or increased LH and change in body composition...
- Body composition, metabolic syndrome and type 2 diabetes in Klinefelter syndromeClaus H Gravholt
Department of Endocrinology and Internal Medicine, Aarhus University Hospital, Aarhus Sygehus NBG, Denmark
Acta Paediatr 100:871-7. 2011....
- Clinical review: Klinefelter syndrome--a clinical updateKristian A Groth
Department of Molecular Medicine, Aarhus University Hospital, DK 8000 Aarhus C, Denmark
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 98:20-30. 2013..We review aspects of epidemiology, endocrinology, metabolism, body composition, and neuropsychology with reference to recent genetic discoveries...
- Hypothyroidism secondary to hypothalamic-pituitary dysfunction may be part of the phenotype in klinefelter syndrome: a case-control studyAnne Mette Bay Bjørn
Department of Endocrinology and Medicine, Aalborg Hospital, Aarhus University Hospital, DK 9000 Aalborg, Denmark
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 94:2478-81. 2009..Klinefelter syndrome (KS) may involve a number of abnormalities besides the characteristic testicular insufficiency. Some studies have suggested that thyroid abnormalities may be common, but this has not been clarified...
- Neuroanatomical correlates of Klinefelter syndrome studied in relation to the neuropsychological profileAnne Skakkebæk
Department of Endocrinology and Internal Medicine MEA, Aarhus University Hospital, 8000 Aarhus C, Denmark
Neuroimage Clin 4:1-9. 2014..These results show that although gene dosage effect of having and extra X-chromosome may lead to large scale alterations of brain morphometry and extended cognitive disabilities no simple correspondence links these measures. ..
- Short QTc Interval in Males with Klinefelter Syndrome-Influence of CAG Repeat Length, Body Composition, and Testosterone Replacement TherapyInger Norlyk Jørgensen
Department of Endocrinology and Internal Medicine MEA, Aarhus University Hospital, Aarhus, Denmark
Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 38:472-82. 2015..Klinefelter syndrome (KS) is a sex chromosomal aneuploidy (47,XXY) affecting 1/660 males. Based on findings in Turner syndrome, we hypothesized that electrocardiogram (ECG) abnormalities would be present in males with KS...
- Socioeconomic trajectories affect mortality in Klinefelter syndromeAnders Bojesen
Department of Clinical Genetics, Vejle Hospital, Sygehus Lillebaelt, 7100 Vejle, Denmark
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 96:2098-104. 2011..Morbidity and mortality are increased and the causes behind remain unknown. Is it the chromosome aberration or is it caused by postulated poorer socioeconomic status?..
- Prenatal and postnatal prevalence of Klinefelter syndrome: a national registry studyAnders Bojesen
Medical Department M, Diabetes and Endocrinology, Aarhus Kommunehospital, Aarhus University Hospital, Denmark
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 88:622-6. 2003..There is a marked delay in diagnosis of the syndrome. A delay in treatment with testosterone may lead to decreased muscle and bone mass with subsequent risk of osteoporosis...
- Anthropometry in Klinefelter syndrome--multifactorial influences due to CAG length, testosterone treatment and possibly intrauterine hypogonadismSimon Chang
Department of Endocrinology and Internal Medicine MEA S C, A s, C T, C H G, Section of Neonatal Screening and Hormones, Department of Clinical Biochemistry A C, D M H, Immunology and Genetics, Statens Serum Institute, Center of Functionally Integrative Neuroscience M W, Centre for Rare Diseases, Department of Pediatrics J R Ø, Department of Psychology and Behavioral Sciences A D P, Center for Semiotics M W, Aarhus University Hospital, 8000 Aarhus C, Denmark Department of Clinical Genetics A B, Vejle Hospital, Sygehus Lillebaelt, 7100 Vejle, Denmark Department of Clinical Genetics J M H, Odense University Hospital, 5000 Odense, Denmark Vejleford Rehabilitation Center A D P, 7140 Stouby, Denmark and Department of Molecular Medicine C H G, Aarhus University Hospital, 8200 Aarhus N, Denmark
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 100:E508-17. 2015..Certain phenotypic traits are common in KS. However, not all aspects of the KS phenotype are well described...
- The role of hypogonadism in Klinefelter syndromeChristian Høst
Department of Clinical Genetics, Vejle Hospital, Vejle Institute of Regional Health Research, University of Southern Denmark, Odense, Denmark
Asian J Androl 16:185-91. 2014..Here, we will review the current knowledge of hypogonadism in KS and the rationale for testosterone treatment and try to give our best recommendations for surveillance of this rather common, but often ignored, syndrome...
- Criminality in men with Klinefelter's syndrome and XYY syndrome: a cohort studyKirstine Stochholm
Department of Endocrinology and Internal Medicine, Aarhus University Hospital NBG, Aarhus C, Aarhus, Denmark
BMJ Open 2:e000650. 2012..To investigate the criminal pattern in men between 15 and 70 years of age diagnosed with 47,XXY (Klinefelter's syndrome (KS)) or 47,XYY compared to the general population...
- Glycemia, lipidemia and systolic left ventricular function evaluated by myocardial strain rate: a tissue Doppler echocardiographic studyNiels Holmark Andersen
Department of Cardiology, Skejby Hospital, Aarhus University Hospital, Aarhus, Denmark
Ultrasound Med Biol 34:151-4. 2008..In conclusion, LV systolic function seems significantly related to fasting levels of glucose and LDL cholesterol in normal subjects...