Affiliation: University of Southern Denmark
- [Neuromyelitis optica is a frequently seen inflammatory demyelinating disease]Nasrin Asgari
Neurologisk afdeling, Sygehus Lillebælt Vejle, Vejle Sygehus, Kabbeltoft 25, 7100 Vejle, Denmark
Ugeskr Laeger 175:1331-5. 2013..Clinical criteria have defined NMO and NMO-spectrum disease. The clinical features include inflammation of the optic nerve...
- Modifications of longitudinally extensive transverse myelitis and brainstem lesions in the course of neuromyelitis optica (NMO): a population-based, descriptive studyNasrin Asgari
The Multiple Sclerosis Clinic of Southern Jutland, Vejle, Denmark
BMC Neurol 13:33. 2013..The frequency of brainstem and LETM lesions, changes over time of LETM and the clinical consequences in the course of NMO have only been sparsely studied...
- HLA, PTPN22 and PD-1 associations as markers of autoimmunity in neuromyelitis opticaN Asgari
The Multiple Sclerosis Clinic of Southern Jutland, Sonderborg, Denmark
Mult Scler 18:23-30. 2012..Neuromyelitis optica (NMO) is a disease with autoimmune characteristics. A genetic autoimmune dependency for NMO has not been clarified in detail...
- Neuromyelitis optica (NMO)--an autoimmune disease of the central nervous system (CNS)N Asgari
Multiple Sclerosis Clinic of Southern Jutland, Sønderborg, Vejle, Esbjerg hospitals, and Institute of Molecular Medicine, University of Southern Denmark, Odense C, Denmark
Acta Neurol Scand 123:369-84. 2011..NMO may be characterized as a channelopathy of the central nervous system with autoimmune characteristics...
- A population-based study of neuromyelitis optica in CaucasiansN Asgari
Institute of Regional Health Services Research, University of Southern Denmark, Winsloews Vej 9B, DK 5000 Odense C, Denmark
Neurology 76:1589-95. 2011..Epidemiologic studies have suggested different prevalence of neuromyelitis optica (NMO) in different ethnic groups. However, data on the incidence and prevalence of NMO in Caucasians are scarce...