Lone Graff Stensballe
Affiliation: Statens Serum Institut
- Respiratory syncytial virus neutralizing antibodies in cord blood, respiratory syncytial virus hospitalization, and recurrent wheezeLone Graff Stensballe
Department of Epidemiology Research, Statens Serum Institut, Copenhagen, Denmark
J Allergy Clin Immunol 123:398-403. 2009..Respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) hospitalization is associated with wheeze...
- Use of antibiotics during pregnancy increases the risk of asthma in early childhoodLone Graff Stensballe
Copenhagen Prospective Studies on Asthma in Childhood, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Copenhagen, and the Danish Pediatric Asthma Center, Copenhagen University Hospital, Gentofte, Copenhagen, Denmark
J Pediatr 162:832-838.e3. 2013..To investigate the hypothesis that mother's use of antibiotics in pregnancy could influence asthma and eczema in early life...
- Population based external validation of a European predictive model for respiratory syncytial virus hospitalization of premature infants born 33 to 35 weeks of gestational ageLone G Stensballe
Bandim Health Project, Statens Serum Institut, Copenhagen, Denmark
Pediatr Infect Dis J 29:374-6. 2010..The model was found to be robust with a diagnostic accuracy of 65.9% to distinguish between RSV-hospitalized versus non-RSV-hospitalized Danish infants born at 33 to 35 weeks of gestation...
- The causal direction in the association between respiratory syncytial virus hospitalization and asthmaLone Graff Stensballe
Bandim Health Project, Department of Epidemiology Research, Statens Serum Institut, Copenhagen, Denmark
J Allergy Clin Immunol 123:131-137.e1. 2009..Earlier studies have reported an increased risk of asthma after respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) hospitalization. Other studies found that asthmatic disposition and propensity to wheeze increase the risk of RSV hospitalization...
- Hospitalization for respiratory syncytial virus infection and invasive pneumococcal disease in Danish children aged <2 years: a population-based cohort studyLone Graff Stensballe
Bandim Health Project, INDEPTH Network, Apartado 861, Bissau, Guinea Bissau
Clin Infect Dis 46:1165-71. 2008..We examined this association at an individual level in the Danish population...
- Atopic disposition, wheezing, and subsequent respiratory syncytial virus hospitalization in Danish children younger than 18 months: a nested case-control studyLone Graff Stensballe
Danish Epidemiology Science Centre, Statens Serum Institut, Copenhagen, Denmark
Pediatrics 118:e1360-8. 2006..This study examined whether atopic disposition, wheezing, and atopic disorders increased the risk of hospitalizations because of respiratory syncytial virus in children between birth and 18 months of age...
- Diagnosis coding in The Danish National Patient Registry for respiratory syncytial virus infectionsLone Graff Stensballe
Paediatric Clinic 2, Rigshospitalet, Denmark
Scand J Infect Dis 37:747-52. 2005..The OR was furthermore influenced by RSV seasonality and by hospital. Taking into account a loss of 27% of RSV hospitalizations, DNPR can be used for epidemiological studies of RSV among infants in Denmark...
- Acute lower respiratory tract infections and respiratory syncytial virus in infants in Guinea-Bissau: a beneficial effect of BCG vaccination for girls community based case-control studyLone Graff Stensballe
Bandim Health Project, Apartado 861, Bissau, Guinea Bissau Danish Epidemiology Science Centre, Statens Serum Institut, Artillerivej 5, 2300 Copenhagen S, Denmark
Vaccine 23:1251-7. 2005..93 (0.45-1.91) in boys and 2.70 (1.21-6.02) in girls. In ALRI case infants with RSV infection, similar trends were observed. BCG vaccination may have a non-targeted protective effect against ALRI, the effect being most marked in girls...
- An epidemiological study of respiratory syncytial virus associated hospitalizations in DenmarkLone Graff Stensballe
Department of Epidemiology Research, Danish Epidemiology Science Centre, Statens Serum Institut, Copenhagen, Denmark
Respir Res 3:S34-9. 2002....
- [Respiratory syncytial virus]Lone Graff Stensballe
Afdeling for Epidemiologisk Forskning, Statens Serum Institut, Artillerivej 5, DK 2300 København S
Ugeskr Laeger 164:5623-6. 2002..The most important prophylaxis methods at the present time are therefore hygienic measures with the purpose of preventing nosocomial infection in hospitals...
- Mothers may transmit RSV infection more easily or severely to sons than daughters: community study from Guinea-BissauLone Stensballe
Bandim Health Project, Apartado 861, Bissau, Guinea Bissau
Scand J Infect Dis 36:291-5. 2004..There was no gender difference in respiratory syncytial virus infection among children of RSV negative mothers. We conclude that mothers may transmit respiratory syncytial virus more easily or severely to sons...
- Comparison of nasopharyngeal aspirate and nasal swab specimens for detection of respiratory syncytial virus in different settings in a developing countryL G Stensballe
Projecto de Saude de Bandim, Bissau, Guinea Bissau
Trop Med Int Health 7:317-21. 2002..To compare detection of respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) for diagnostic purposes using nasopharyngeal aspirate (NPA) and nasal swabs (NS) in different clinical settings in a community study in Guinea-Bissau...
- Seasonal variation of maternally derived respiratory syncytial virus antibodies and association with infant hospitalizations for respiratory syncytial virusLone Graff Stensballe
Bandim Health Project, Statens Serum Institut, Copenhagen, Denmark
J Pediatr 154:296-8. 2009..We found a clear temporal association and suggest that RSV-neutralizing antibody level plays a role in the RSV seasonal pattern...
- Long-term consequences of respiratory syncytial virus acute lower respiratory tract infection in early childhood in Guinea-bissauAnja Poulsen
Projecto de Saude de Bandim, Guinea Bissau, Copenhagen, Denmark
Pediatr Infect Dis J 25:1025-31. 2006..The study aimed to investigate long-term consequences of respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) positive acute lower respiratory tract infection (ALRI) in a low-income country according to severity of the initial infection...
- Causal direction between respiratory syncytial virus bronchiolitis and asthma studied in monozygotic twinsPorntiva Poorisrisak
Danish Pediatric Asthma Center, Copenhagen University Hospital, Gentofte, L213 Ledreborg alle 34, DK 2820 Copenhagen, Denmark
Chest 138:338-44. 2010..Our aim was to determine the differential effect within monozygotic (MZ) twin pairs discordant for severe RSV bronchiolitis in infancy on the subsequent development of asthma, pulmonary function, and allergy...
- Respiratory syncytial virus epidemics: the ups and downs of a seasonal virusLone Graff Stensballe
Department of Epidemiology Research, Danish Epidemiology Science Centre, Copenhagen, Denmark
Pediatr Infect Dis J 22:S21-32. 2003..Generally RSV mortality is low, with a median value of zero. However, RSV mortality in developing countries is significantly higher than RSV mortality in developed countries...