Zitta B Harboe
Affiliation: Statens Serum Institut
- Pediatric invasive pneumococcal disease caused by vaccine serotypes following the introduction of conjugate vaccination in DenmarkZitta B Harboe
Neisseria and Streptococcus Reference Center, Department of Microbiology and Infection Control, Statens Serum Institut, Copenhagen, Denmark
PLoS ONE 8:e51460. 2013..None of the IPD cases caused by the additional PCV13 serotypes had been vaccinated by PCV13 and there were therefore no PCV13-vaccine failures in the first 8-months after PCV13 introduction in Denmark...
- Early effectiveness of heptavalent conjugate pneumococcal vaccination on invasive pneumococcal disease after the introduction in the Danish Childhood Immunization ProgrammeZitta B Harboe
National Neisseria and Streptococcus Reference Center, Department of Bacteriology, Mycology and Parasitology, Statens Serum Institut, Copenhagen, Denmark
Vaccine 28:2642-7. 2010..90; 95% CI [0.84-0.97]) in patients aged >or=2 years. The case fatality was 17% in both periods. The administration of PCV7 was followed by a marked decline in the incidence of IPD in both vaccinated and non-vaccinated individuals...
- Temporal trends in invasive pneumococcal disease and pneumococcal serotypes over 7 decadesZitta B Harboe
National Neisseria and Streptococcus Reference Center, Department of Bacteriology, Mycology, and Parasitology, Statens Serum Institut, Copenhagen, Denmark
Clin Infect Dis 50:329-37. 2010..We explored historical trends of invasive pneumococcal disease (IPD) and pneumococcal serotypes in a population exposed to limited antibiotic selective pressure and conjugate pneumococcal vaccination (PCV)...
- Pneumococcal serotypes and mortality following invasive pneumococcal disease: a population-based cohort studyZitta B Harboe
Department of Bacteriology, Statens Serum Institut, Copenhagen
PLoS Med 6:e1000081. 2009..Pneumococcal disease is a leading cause of morbidity and mortality worldwide. The aim of this study was to investigate the association between specific pneumococcal serotypes and mortality from invasive pneumococcal disease (IPD)...
- [Diagnosis of meningococcal sepsis by real-time polymerase chain reaction]Zitta B Harboe
Afdeling for Bakteriologi, Mykologi og Parasitologi, Statens Serum Institut, DK 2300 København S
Ugeskr Laeger 170:3152-4. 2008..We hereby report the first notified case of meningococcal sepsis in Denmark where real-time PCR was the primary positive microbiological result...
- Estimated effect of pneumococcal conjugate vaccination on invasive pneumococcal disease and associated mortality, Denmark 2000-2005Zitta B Harboe
Department of Bacteriology, Mycology and Parasitology, Division of Microbiology and Diagnostics, Statens Serum Institut, Denmark
Vaccine 26:3765-71. 2008..Approximately 70% of all deaths occurred in adults over 65 years, underlining the need for protection against IPD in this age group...
- Robustness of genome-wide scanning using archived dried blood spot samples as a DNA sourceMads V Hollegaard
Department of Clinical Biochemistry and Immunology, Statens Serum Institut, Ørestads Boulevard, Copenhagen, DK 2300, Denmark
BMC Genet 12:58. 2011..We examined the robustness of using DBS samples for whole-genome amplification following genome-wide scanning, using arrays from Illumina and Affymetrix...
- Non-invasive erythromycin-resistant pneumococcal isolates are more often non-susceptible to more antimicrobial agents than invasive isolatesLotte M Lambertsen
National Neisseria and Streptococcus Reference Center, Department for Bacteriology, Mycology and Parasitology, Statens Serum Institut, Artillerivej 5, DK 2300 Copenhagen S, Denmark
Int J Antimicrob Agents 35:72-5. 2010..Non-invasive isolates were also more likely to be resistant to three or more antimicrobial agents than invasive isolates, however isolates being multiresistant were often co-resistant to the same antimicrobial agents...
- Pneumococcal Serotypes and Mortality following Invasive Pneumococcal Disease: A Population-Based Cohort StudyZitta B Harboe
Department of Bacteriology, Mycology, and Parasitology, Statens Serum Institut, Copenhagen
PLoS Med 6:e1000081. 2009..CONCLUSIONS: Specific pneumococcal serotypes strongly and independently affect IPD associated mortality...
- A Pneumococcal Carriage Study in Danish Pre-school Children before the Introduction of Pneumococcal Conjugate VaccinationZitta B Harboe
Neisseria and Streptococcus Reference Center, Department of Microbiological Surveillance and Research, Statens Serum Institut, Copenhagen, Denmark
Open Microbiol J 6:40-4. 2012..We found that the frequency of carriage was high among Danish pre-school children attending DCC and serotypes were not frequently covered by PCV7 in the pre-PCV7 period...