- Differential roles for neuropeptide Y Y1 and Y5 receptors in anxiety and sedationGunnar Sørensen
Laboratory of Neuropsychiatry, Department of Pharmacology, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
J Neurosci Res 77:723-9. 2004..These results indicate that anxiolytic-like effects of i.c.v.-administered NPY in rats are mediated via both Y1 and Y5 receptors, whereas sedation is mediated via Y5 receptors...
- An allosteric enhancer of M₄ muscarinic acetylcholine receptor function inhibits behavioral and neurochemical effects of cocaineDitte Dencker
Laboratory of Neuropsychiatry, Psychiatric Centre Copenhagen, Copenhagen University Hospital, 9 Blegdamsvej, 2100 Copenhagen, Denmark
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 224:277-87. 2012..Consequently, striatal M₄ receptors could be a novel target for modulating psychostimulant effects of cocaine...
- Neuropeptide Y Y5 receptor antagonism attenuates cocaine-induced effects in miceGunnar Sørensen
Laboratory of Neuropsychiatry, Psychiatric Center Copenhagen and Department of Neuroscience and Pharmacology, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 222:565-77. 2012..Several studies suggest a role for neuropeptide Y (NPY) in addiction to drugs of abuse, including cocaine. However, the NPY receptors mediating addiction-related effects remain to be determined...
- Neuropeptide Y Y5 receptor antagonism causes faster extinction and attenuates reinstatement in cocaine-induced place preferenceGunnar Sørensen
Laboratory of Neuropsychiatry, Psychiatric Center Copenhagen, Department O and Department of Neuroscience and Pharmacology, University of Copenhagen, Denmark Molecular Neuropharmacology Laboratory, Department of Neuroscience and Pharmacology, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
Pharmacol Biochem Behav 105:151-6. 2013..Prevention of relapse is considered to be of pivotal importance for the development of an effective treatment against cocaine addiction and therefore Y5 receptors could be a potential future therapeutic target in cocaine addiction...
- PICK1 deficiency impairs secretory vesicle biogenesis and leads to growth retardation and decreased glucose toleranceBirgitte Holst
Laboratory for Molecular Pharmacology, Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Basic Metabolic Research, The Faculty of Health Sciences, Panum Institute, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
PLoS Biol 11:e1001542. 2013..The data link two BAR domain proteins to membrane remodeling processes in the secretory pathway of peptidergic endocrine cells and support an important role of PICK1/ICA69 in maintenance of metabolic homeostasis...
- Mice lacking neuropeptide Y show increased sensitivity to cocaineGunnar Sørensen
Laboratory of Neuropsychiatry, Department of Neuroscience and Pharmacology, Psychiatric Center Copenhagen, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
Synapse 66:840-3. 2012..Whether this is due to an observed compensatory increase in striatal dopamine transporter binding or an anxiogenic phenotype of the transgenic mice remains to be determined...
- Neuropeptide Y infusion into the shell region of the rat nucleus accumbens increases extracellular levels of dopamineGunnar Sørensen
Laboratory of Neuropsychiatry, Copenhagen Mental Health Center Rigshospitalet, and Department of Neuroscience and Pharmacology, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
Neuroreport 20:1023-6. 2009..NPY was found to dose-dependently increase extracellular dopamine levels, indicating that NPY could play an important role in drug reinforcement by modulating accumbal dopamine levels..
- Aripiprazole blocks acute self-administration of cocaine and is not self-administered in miceGunnar Sørensen
Laboratory of Neuropsychiatry, Rigshospitalet University Hospital, University of Copenhagen, 9 Blegdamsvej, DK 2100, Copenhagen, Denmark
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 199:37-46. 2008..Cocaine is believed to exert an important part of its rewarding effect by increasing extracellular levels of dopamine that subsequently act at dopamine D2 receptors...
- Combined gene overexpression of neuropeptide Y and its receptor Y5 in the hippocampus suppresses seizuresCasper R Gøtzsche
Protein Laboratory, Department of Neuroscience and Pharmacology, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
Neurobiol Dis 45:288-96. 2012..These results suggest that overexpression of Y5 receptors in combination with neuropeptide Y could be an alternative approach for more effective suppression of hippocampal seizures...
- A C-terminal PDZ domain-binding sequence is required for striatal distribution of the dopamine transporterMattias Rickhag
Molecular Neuropharmacology Laboratory, Lundbeck Foundation Center for Biomembranes in Nanomedicine, Department of Neuroscience and Pharmacology, Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
Nat Commun 4:1580. 2013..Our findings suggest that PDZ-domain interactions are critical for synaptic distribution of dopamine transporter in vivo and thereby for proper maintenance of dopamine homoeostasis...