- From predisposition to psychosis: progression of symptoms in schizophreniaJ Parnas
University Department of Psychiatry, Hvidovre Hospital, Hvidovre and Institute of Preventive Medicine, Kommunehospitalet, Copenhagen, Denmark
Acta Psychiatr Scand Suppl 395:20-9. 1999..It is concluded that there is an urgent need for detailed and multidisciplinary prospective studies, but that the evidence accumulated to date is sufficient to justify research-based secondary prevention programmes...
- Pre-morbid IQ in mental disorders: a Danish draft-board study of 7486 psychiatric patientsA Urfer-Parnas
University Department of Psychiatry, Hvidovre Hospital, 2605 Brøndby, Denmark
Psychol Med 40:547-56. 2010....
- Visual binding abilities in the initial and advanced stages of schizophreniaJ Parnas
Copenhagen University Department of Psychiatry, Hvidovre Hospital, Denmark
Acta Psychiatr Scand 103:171-80. 2001..However, certain aspects of visual processing concerned with Gestalt extraction deserve attention as potential vulnerability- or prodrome- indicators. The initial hypothesis of the study is rejected...
- Anomalies of subjective experience in schizophrenia and psychotic bipolar illnessJ Parnas
Copenhagen University, Department of Psychiatry, Hvidovre Hospital, Hvidovre, Denmark
Acta Psychiatr Scand 108:126-33. 2003..The purpose of this study is to explore frequency of qualitative, not-yet-psychotic, anomalies of subjective experience in patients with residual schizophrenia and psychotic bipolar illness in remission...
- Pre-morbid psychopathology in schizophrenia spectrumJ Parnas
University Department of Psychiatry, Kommunehospitalet, Copenhagen, Denmark
Br J Psychiatry 155:623-7. 1989..Pre-schizophrenics', as compared with 'pre-schizotypes', were characterised by affective dyscontrol, reflected in less introverted and more disturbed behaviour...
- Epilepsy and non-organic non-affective psychosis. National epidemiologic studyS R Bredkjaer
University Department of Psychiatry, Hvidovre Hospital, Denmark
Br J Psychiatry 172:235-8. 1998..This study tests the hypothesis that epilepsy increases the risk of developing schizophrenia and other non-affective functional psychoses using a nationwide sample of people with epilepsy...
- Schizoaffective disorder-- the reliability of its clinical diagnostic useA Vollmer-Larsen
University Department of Psychiatry, Hvidovre Hospital, and Centre for Subjectivity Research, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
Acta Psychiatr Scand 113:402-7. 2006..We examined the reliability of the clinical use of this diagnosis in university settings...
- Diagnostic agreement of schizophrenia spectrum disorders among chronic patients with functional psychosesK D Jakobsen
Research Institute of Biological Psychiatry, Copenhagen University Hospital, Sct Hans Hospital, Roskilde, Denmark
Psychopathology 39:269-76. 2006..To investigate whether diagnostic agreement across different diagnostic systems improves in a sample of chronic patients suffering from functional psychosis compared to first-admitted patients...
- Schizophrenia, neurodevelopment and corpus callosumG M Innocenti
Department of Neuroscience, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Mol Psychiatry 8:261-74. 2003..However, the alterations are subtle and sometimes inconsistent across studies, and need to be investigated further with new methodologies...
- COMT haplotypes suggest P2 promoter region relevance for schizophreniaM A Palmatier
Department of Genetics, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520 8005, USA
Mol Psychiatry 9:859-70. 2004..The previously described HindIII restriction site polymorphism, located within the P2 promoter, varies within all populations and may provide essential information in future studies of schizophrenia...
- Apolipoprotein D is associated with long-term outcome in patients with schizophreniaT Hansen
Research Institute of Biological Psychiatry, Copenhagen University Hospital, H S Sct Hans Hospital, Roskilde, Denmark
Pharmacogenomics J 6:120-5. 2006..However, we did find that long-term clinical outcome was associated with the ApoD polymorphism rs7659 (P = 0.041) following adjustment for lifetime clinical global impression, age at first admission and gender...