Affiliation: Odense University Hospital
- The diagnostic accuracy of the atopy patch test in diagnosing hypersensitivity to cow's milk and hen's egg in unselected children with and without atopic dermatitisMorten Osterballe
Allergy Center, Department of Dermatology, Odense University Hospital Denmark
J Am Acad Dermatol 51:556-62. 2004..Previous studies have suggested that the atopy patch test (APT) may make oral challenge superfluous in diagnosing children with food hypersensitivity...
- [How many people suffer from allergies?]Morten Osterballe
Odense Universitetshospital, Allergicenter, Dermato venerologisk Afdeling
Ugeskr Laeger 167:605-7. 2005
- The prevalence of food hypersensitivity in young adultsM Osterballe
Department of Dermatology, Allergy Center, Odense University Hospital, Odense, DK 5000, Denmark
Pediatr Allergy Immunol 20:686-92. 2009..2%), tomato (3.8%), peach (3.0%) and brazil nut (2.7%). This study found a 1.7% [1.1% - 2.95%] prevalence of primary FHS confirmed by oral challenge to the most common allergenic foods in an unselected population of young adults...
- Positive nickel patch tests in infants are of low clinical relevance and rarely reproducibleCharlotte G Mortz
Department of Dermatology and Allergy Centre, Odense University Hospital, University of Southern Denmark, Odense C, Denmark
Pediatr Allergy Immunol 24:84-7. 2013..A reproducible positive reaction was seen in 8.6% of the infants. The objective of this study is to follow-up on infants with alleged nickel sensitivity...
- Threshold levels in food challenge and specific IgE in patients with egg allergy: is there a relationship?Morten Osterballe
Department of Dermatology, Odense University Hospital, Denmark
J Allergy Clin Immunol 112:196-201. 2003..These investigations defined different levels of predictive values in different study populations and thus pointed toward the possibility of a certain level of specific IgE to egg white predicting a positive outcome in food challenge...