Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Novo Nordisk A/S
- A novel high-affinity peptide antagonist to the insulin receptorLauge Schäffer
Diabetes Research Unit, Novo Nordisk A S, Novo Nordisk Park G8 1 77, DK 2760 Maaloev, Denmark
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 376:380-3. 2008..These antagonists provide a useful research tool for unraveling biochemical mechanisms involving the insulin receptor and could form the basis for treatment of hypoglycemic conditions...
- Assembly of high-affinity insulin receptor agonists and antagonists from peptide building blocksLauge Schäffer
Novo Nordisk AS, DK 2800 Bagsvaerd, Denmark
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:4435-9. 2003..The ability to construct such peptide derivatives may offer a path for developing agonists or antagonists for treatment of a wide variety of diseases...
- Hybrid receptors formed by insulin receptor (IR) and insulin-like growth factor I receptor (IGF-IR) have low insulin and high IGF-1 affinity irrespective of the IR splice variantRita Slaaby
Novo Nordisk A S, Novo Alle, DK 2880 Bagsvaerd, Denmark
J Biol Chem 281:25869-74. 2006..The binding characteristics of insulin and IGF-I to both splice variants of the hybrid receptors were similar to classical homodimer IGF-IR...
- Activation of the insulin receptor by insulin and a synthetic peptide leads to divergent metabolic and mitogenic signaling and responsesMaja Jensen
Receptor Systems Biology Laboratory, Hagedorn Research Institute, 2820 Gentofte, Denmark
J Biol Chem 282:35179-86. 2007..We show for the first time that it is possible to design insulin receptor ligand mimetics with metabolic equipotency but low mitogenicity...
- Insulins with built-in glucose sensors for glucose responsive insulin releaseThomas Hoeg-Jensen
Novo Nordisk A S, DK 2880 Bagsvaerd, Denmark
J Pept Sci 11:339-46. 2005..Notably, two of the boronated insulins displayed enhanced insulin receptor affinity relative to native insulin (113%-122%) which is unusual for insulin LysB29 derivatives...